Puppy in Tavern = Rusty box, 200 coins, 1 plain stamp, 1 crystal ball

Edited on 04/13/2014 at 5:10:52 PM PST

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Where to Feed Pets

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 13, 14 9:52 AM
My manticore sat at a table in the tavern and gave me 1600 coins.

I then fed the cat and the owl there and both coughed up 300 coins.

Note to self: don't feed multiple pets at one time.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 13, 14 10:03 AM
I don't even want to think what a manticore or dragon might cough up

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 13, 14 3:36 PM
I think the our pets are pretty well behaved. So far I have gotten only good. No dead mice from the kitty, no fried princes from the dragon, no poop on the carpet from the puppy. So far so good!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Apr 19, 14 5:47 PM
My darling little dragon had dinner with Arabella in the Underground Grotto then went exploring. He returned with a gold chest containing two diamonds and 600 coins. I have sent him on an all-expense-paid vacation!

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Apr 20, 14 7:54 AM
I've let my little Pegasus have dinner two times at Mirror Lake. Both times he came back with silver chests, Think it was about 600 coins and rare stamps in both of them. Not bad carried for being a baby and just learnt how to fly!!

Miss Piggy seems to have some sort of iron deficiency though or at least an unhealthy fascination for rust cause rusty chests are the only chests she brings me, no matter where I feed her...

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Apr 20, 14 8:24 AM
Flygia, have you fed the piggie in the bar? That seems to work for me.

Still pretty sure it's random but it's fun experimenting.

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Apr 20, 14 8:38 AM
Amerzone wrote:Flygia, have you fed the piggie in the bar? That seems to work for me.

Still pretty sure it's random but it's fun experimenting.

Yes, I have, but that was a while ago so when I got enough food for it now I will try again.
I shall also try to feed my dragon at the wise dragon. I haven't tried that yet. I guess it can work good because my little boy wants to impress on the big guy. Or he will be so starstruck so he can't bring me anything back at all.

I'm also pretty sure it's random, but I love the thought there's a pattern!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Apr 20, 14 12:39 PM
My precocious phoenix decided he wanted to visit Henry and have a picnic at the Ice Rock. When he returned he brought a gold chest with 600 coins and two rare stamps. He has now curled up for his nap.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Apr 25, 14 4:55 AM
Someone started a new thread on this topic so I thought I'd post something to bring it out of the depths. It's amazing how a new update would generate so many pages worth of posts in so short a time! I found this on the 10th page and it's only been 5 days since the last post.

The feeding of pets is random and location really doesn't matter, but it's like the Fortune Wheel. It doesn't hurt to have your own method for trying to get an edge in the game. It's all in our minds, but then since we are all crazy addicts, who are we going to listen to but other crazy addicts?

sarah377
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by sarah377 on May 25, 14 3:20 PM
I fed my snail in the town and he gave me a wood chest, then fed him by the Keeper of Wishes and got a silver chest.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 25, 14 3:48 PM
Pig in the Tavern with "only" the food counter needing a HOB/shining ... Oinker

Phoenix in the Castle Vicinity With only the airship there ...both gold chests

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 25, 14 4:45 PM
tigress1_2u wrote:Pig in the Tavern with "only" the food counter needing a HOB/shining ... Oinker

Phoenix in the Castle Vicinity With only the airship there ...both gold chests

How do you mean? Like before sending the airship when it's there waiting to be shipped?

I've been feeding my phoenix next to the fire fountain (where the wheel of fortune is, right?) & it's 4 times in a row he give me rusty chests. Annoying.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 25, 14 4:54 PM
efi, we have got to figure out who is undermining the treasure seeking ability of our pets. My phoenix lately has been rust and silver, even by the fire fountain and keeper of wishes. The pig was rusty in the bar, and my beloved gold bringing tiger gave me rust next to the keeper as well. I've gotten one gold chest in the last week on my favorite pets. I even went back to Mandy-core and finally got wood. I bet it's those elephants that have done something to interfere with their sense of smell!

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 25, 14 4:58 PM
Yes I meant before you ship it out!

EEEEWWWW I don't wanna know what the Elephants did with their smell

Edited on 05/25/2014 at 4:58:48 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 26, 14 8:07 AM
I have followed most of the suggestions on where to feed pets and still no luck on getting gold chests. I started keeping track and the last 41 times I've fed I've recieved only 4 gold chests at approximately an average of 8 bags per pet that's 328 bags of food (yeah, lots and lots of HOS, sending airships, wheel, and gifts) just to get 4 gold chests.

I have 9 gold chests so far toward the 20 for the second Treasure Hunter achievement trophy.

Has anyone managed to feed and lucky enough to have recieved 20 gold chests and can tell me how many gold chests are needed to get the Avatar (pirate lady) award (third trophy)?

I really want this avatar, but it seems impossible to accumulate enough food to feed pets to get a gold chest at only 10 percent odds.

Silver Hawk

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 26, 14 9:58 AM
before the achievement for 20 golden chests and the first few days after it I was quite lucky with the gold chests - especially from phoenix at the fire fountain and piggy in the taverne - but now all of my pets seem to have forgotten what they should bring home The maximum is a silver chest with 400 coins and a few stamps, but mainly it's a wooden or rusty chest

I am at 35/100 for the achievement and that means I need 65 !!!!! more golden chests. Oh my, that will take really really loooong.

Edited on 05/26/2014 at 9:58:57 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 26, 14 10:17 AM
gernespieler wrote:
I am at 35/100 for the achievement and that means I need 65 !!!!! more golden chests. Oh my, that will take really really loooong.

100..really? I was afraid of that. At this rate will take me almost a year. The Dev's really need to include the daily quest gold chests and/or make pet food more available. I love the challenge of getting the achievements and don't even mind difficult challenges - but this is IMPOSSIBLE.

Thank you so much for the information gernespieler. I really appreciate the response. Congratulations for making the second trophy.

Silver Hawk

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 26, 14 12:38 PM
After my complaining in a previous post I do have some good news that may help someone out.

I just fed my Lemure and realized it's a very good pet. The first time I fed the Lemure I got a gold chest, the second and third times was rusty and silver, but my fifth and sixth times were gold. That's twice in a row. 3 gold out of 6 feedings !

I haven't been feeding the Lemure because 16 bags seemed like a lot. Now realizing that it's totally worth it.

My Turtle had been pretty good - the stats at last count (since I started keeping track) are 1 gold then 5 silver in a row. But I did get two other golds and a couple of silver from the turtle before keeping track.

Silver Hawk

sarah377
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by sarah377 on May 26, 14 2:09 PM
My Pegasus just gave me a gold box containing 800 coins, a diamond, an unusual, rare and unique stamp by the Ice Rock! Well worth the 15 bags of food!

Go to: