Showgirl25
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Showgirl25 on Apr 22, 14 4:02 PM
I have a macbook 10.6.8. As far as this game goes, I have discovered the following;

I downloaded the game successfully, and played it from the game manager. However, when I decided to quit the game, hoping to continue from where Ieft off, the game would not load. I uninstalled and re-installed, and the same thing happened.

The only way of playing this game as far as I can see, is to delete it, re install it and play it all the way through from the game manager. As an application it won't work.

As far as the collectibles go, if you access the extras menu, you will discover that you only have to find one music note and one morph and then once the game is completed you have the chance to collect the collectables.

As I say, once the game is downloaded, don't press Quit, otherwise u have to re-download it. I know, I've done it twice and now have to do it again, but I need a whole free day for that!

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 22, 14 4:30 PM
Showgirl25 wrote:I have a macbook 10.6.8. As far as this game goes, I have discovered the following;

I downloaded the game successfully, and played it from the game manager. However, when I decided to quit the game, hoping to continue from where Ieft off, the game would not load. I uninstalled and re-installed, and the same thing happened.

The only way of playing this game as far as I can see, is to delete it, re install it and play it all the way through from the game manager. As an application it won't work.

As far as the collectibles go, if you access the extras menu, you will discover that you only have to find one music note and one morph and then once the game is completed you have the chance to collect the collectables.

As I say, once the game is downloaded, don't press Quit, otherwise u have to re-download it. I know, I've done it twice and now have to do it again, but I need a whole free day for that!

You are lucky it opened from the Game Manager. Many of us cannot even run the demo. It quits before the game screen ever appears. So far the only ones who have reported success are running 10.6.8, but even some running that cannot open the demo.

In your case, once purchased, the game should definitely open directly from its icon. What you describe should certainly make the devs curious. I hope BFG wants to bring these oddities to their attention. I hope it can get fixed for the rest of us Mac users.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 22, 14 4:45 PM
grammy1957 wrote:Is anybody else having a problem with the briefcase at the end of the game? I did not receive all of the parts for the initial, therefore, cannot get the handle for the music box & can't get the collectibles. I noticed there were some notes in the "collectibles" part of this forum. They should probably be posted here.
Let me know if I am missing anything. BFG did offer a coupon, but I would like to finish the game.

Already went in the Dr. Felix report. They have not heard of anybody else experiencing this problem. I replied to check the collectibles section of this forum.

Have a good evening Fishies!

One would think the BFG tech department would actually read these tech issues threads. Guess they do not want to be proactive about obvious problems. First we need to be told to write CS. Then we need to answer to the first generic CS response offering a replacement coupon. They actually would rather offer a coupon for a replacement CE (in my case a CE I hadn't even bought) then pay any attention to the issue at hand. If you respond requesting they take account of your exact issue, they reply with the list of things to do you have already done and told them so in your first inquiry. Responding to CS gets tiresome, but another try will offer yet more useless suggestions. My 4th response said -- I have already done all you suggest. It is your turn to do something. No further response has come from CS.

[Post New]by jatz14 on Apr 23, 14 9:36 PM
This is a game problem .There are to many of us with the same problem,game runs in slow motion,mouse pointer freezes,can not play the game at all.I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times but it just seems to get worse.I contacted tech support but I was offered another game,I don't want another game I want this one.I find this insulting,why don't they just tell us they have no intention of fixing this game and for the ones it worked for great but for the ones it didn't to bad.I have been a member for many years and I have never had a problem with a game and to have BF act as if they don't care and we don't matter is very sad.Customers can make or break a company and with as many people having a problem with the same game BF needs to pay attention....(Cadenza:Music,Betrayal and Death CE)

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Apr 24, 14 4:29 PM
Big Fish - where are your responses?

hui2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by hui2 on Apr 25, 14 2:08 AM
Up4Renewal wrote:
TAZZ1965 wrote:at the end of chapter 7 you need to place the valve by the 4 tubes I can't get the valve to go. Any idea on how to achieve that. I can't go any further till I do

I have the same problem.

Have you finished playing the zeppelin? move the blocks and complete that part and pass the hairpin to the taxi driver inside the zeppelin interior. after that you an put the valve..hope this helps.

Fuphyter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Fuphyter on Apr 25, 14 6:55 PM
My game froze during a mini game. The sax door where you align pics then copy the music played. I posted it correctly four times and the fifth froze. I exited and started twice with no results. I would consider deleting and reloading but I am so close to the end of the game. Is there any other way to fix it? thanks much Addy

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 25, 14 7:18 PM
Fuphyter wrote:My game froze during a mini game. The sax door where you align pics then copy the music played. I posted it correctly four times and the fifth froze. I exited and started twice with no results. I would consider deleting and reloading but I am so close to the end of the game. Is there any other way to fix it? thanks much Addy

Deleting and reinstalling the game should not delete your player profile. The game should reopen at the point where you stopped playing. If, for some other reason your profile is corrupt, you couldn't finish anyway. I would say take a chance at reinstalling.

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on Apr 26, 14 7:14 AM
Keep getting error 801100. You might know I wanted to play this weekend on a rainy day but can't install. Everything is updated as suggested. Tired of changing settings to play your games! Help!

[Post New]by msbelle54217 on Apr 26, 14 8:37 AM
It does not appear that anyone from BF reads these posts as problems with this game and many others of late are not getting any kind of fix. It used to be different. Did they get bought out or something?

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 27, 14 11:28 AM
nancypaul75 wrote:Keep getting error 801100. You might know I wanted to play this weekend on a rainy day but can't install. Everything is updated as suggested. Tired of changing settings to play your games! Help!

I imagine yo read about this in the help section. It says that error is connected to a firewall that is part of Windows. There are sggestions for changing the settings. I don't know any more, Mac doesn't have this particular issue. I also wish I cold play the game, but it is broken on my Mac. for both of us.

[Post New]by bindiloohoo on Apr 29, 14 9:59 PM
Update my Graphics Driver! Uninstall, Re install nothing works and my graphics driver is up to date. I see a few of you are having the same issues but does anyone have a solution? I own over 200 games and haven't had any problems until recently and it seems to be with the games i'm dying to play like this one

jca22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jca22 on May 1, 14 7:07 AM
I have loaded and unloaded this game five times now. Contacted technical support, and they told me to find the game file (THERE IS NO GAME FILE, THE GAME WOULD NOT OPEN), delete the game and reinstall it. I told them I did this in my email. I too have a mac running the latest software, big new mac with tons of memory and everything it should need to play. The people at tech support are no more helpful then typing here. All they told me to do, I had already done, told them that in the email and they didn't bother to read it. I am very disappointed in tech support, and their lack of understanding of these issues. They must have a generic thing they tell everyone to do, and when it doesn't work, they ignore your emails. I finally got a credit for the game and bought another one. I am really disappointed though, I have been a member for years and they can't pre-test these games? Too bad for this company, as I will be very wary buying anything they are selling.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 1, 14 10:13 AM
jca22 wrote:I have loaded and unloaded this game five times now. Contacted technical support, and they told me to find the game file (THERE IS NO GAME FILE, THE GAME WOULD NOT OPEN), delete the game and reinstall it. I told them I did this in my email. I too have a mac running the latest software, big new mac with tons of memory and everything it should need to play. The people at tech support are no more helpful then typing here. All they told me to do, I had already done, told them that in the email and they didn't bother to read it. I am very disappointed in tech support, and their lack of understanding of these issues. They must have a generic thing they tell everyone to do, and when it doesn't work, they ignore your emails. I finally got a credit for the game and bought another one. I am really disappointed though, I have been a member for years and they can't pre-test these games? Too bad for this company, as I will be very wary buying anything they are selling.

There is actually a game file created even though the game crashes before it opens. But, I threw away the download and all related files each time I tried to get it to work, but had no success. I tried every Apple trouble shooting avenue -- nothing helped. The problem (stack overflow) seems to happen on some Macs but not most. The developer needs to address the issue -- they are aware of it. It is not a simple fix; we may never see this game work for us.

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 4:34:58 PM PST

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on May 3, 14 4:46 AM
Big Fish - still waiting for a fix for the briefcase part of the extras. When is this going to be fixed by? Would like to finish this game! Looking forward to a response!

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on May 4, 14 12:52 AM
Game will not start. Says I need a Graphics Driver update. Drivers are up to date. No issues with any other game on any other site, just this one. Windows 7 SP1. Glad I only downloaded the trial game.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 9, 14 10:35 AM
I bet I could type anything here now and it would go unnoticed. After all, the game is so old now.

So, I just want to thank the mod who did not answer my PM, thank customer service for doing nothing to elevate this game to tech support, thank BF for not caring that this game is unplayable for a number of Mac players, or broken in some areas for many PC players.

Just ignore them and it will go away. There's a new game everyday. That mindset is insulting and disgusting.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on May 9, 14 8:49 PM
Another Mac user (OSX10.6.8) with a game crash at start up.

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on May 10, 14 5:23 AM
I have contacted BFG and the response was "not enough complaints." Oh well BFG friends, I tried. I did respond and ask if they read the forum sections titled "TECH issues" & "Collectables". Hopefully if enough of us complain, maybe something will get done. It's the principle of the matter!

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on May 12, 14 9:40 PM
Some of us have experienced a glitch in the "extras" part of the CE. If you play the "Connections" game and leave it before you've finished it, you will lose the segments of the "C" that you are supposed to fill in. You will not be able to go any further in the game after that and will have to start over from the beginning to finish the CE game.
I wrote the developer regarding this glitch, and I received a lovely email back. They were able to duplicate the problem and to create a fix for it. However, they are not the publisher; Big Fish Games is, and it's up to them to release a bug fix. So far there hasn't been an announcement of one. I'll write Big Fish to ask them to release the game again with the fix. You may want to do so as well if you've run into this problem.

Go to: