Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mexicana: Deadly Holiday here

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 1, 15 9:50 AM
Access violation after access violation. "Twisted Lands: Insomniac has stopped working." Demo worked fine so I bought it and now I'm sorry I did. BF ignores requests for help now.

I'm on Windows 7 with everything updated as far as I know. I haven't had this problem with other games - certainly not over and over and over. It's happening every few minutes and I lose progress every time.

I guess that makes the game last longer, haha.

It is now January 1, 2015 and the problem still exists.
How long does it take for a solution? Are we really supposed to buy these games and just trash them all?

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 10:05:22 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jan 1, 15 9:52 AM
FishyFemale wrote:It's a shame that the devs dropped the ball on this one. It could have been a good game had they cared enough to fix the many glitches in it. I'm really disappointed because I own a lot of this dev's games and wonder how this one was released with seemingly no quality testing done beforehand. If it EVER gets fixed, I'll buy it because I loved the demo even though it froze many times during it.

And what's with the mods locking the threads on so many of the forums??? Are we no longer encouraged to participate?? And why are so many of the forums already locked on NEW games, like this one????????

I asked about all the threads being locked and I was completely ignored. I don't think our input is wanted anymore.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Apr 17, 15 9:39 PM
Well it took getting a new computer for this game to work for me. Although my previous Dell had more than what was required for this game to work, I guess the graphics card couldn't handle it and the card wasn't upgradable either, so I wasn't able to play through the demo completely with the access errors I kept getting. So I hesitantly downloaded the game to my new Lenovo desktop and was thrilled to be able to see, hear, and do everything I couldn't before. I'm just past the gate that I had to paint in order to proceed to the next set of locations. I'm absolutely loving everything about this game...the vibrant colors, the exuberant music, the interesting storyline, and the very fun minigames. I hope others like me who've had glitches in their previous games will be able to play this one if newer computers were recently purchased. It's a gem if it works but a real dud if it doesn't.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Apr 26, 15 7:09 AM
I'm much further along in the game than my last post and am now trying to heal the sick tree. I've just now encountered the "'Twisted Lands:Insomnia game not working" error for the first time like so many others have already seen, but closing out of the game and going back in continued the game where I left off, so nothing needed to be done over. If that's the only glitch I see for the rest of the game, I'll be a very happy camper so long as the game saves each time after I close it out. This really is such a good game that it's a shame the developer hasn't done anything about fixing what's still wrong with it because I think many gamers would love it if given the chance to play it through.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 3, 15 9:13 AM
Although I didn't play every day, I did manage to finish the game but I can't tell how many hours it took me. It's on the easier side but that's okay since I like it that way when there are SO MANY locations with so much to do in each one. I still had some tech issues when a couple of zoom zones would freeze upon closing. At those times, I'd have to do the c-a-d to exit the game and then I'd get the Twisted Lands:Insomniac error message. At least I was always able to continue on, which is preferable to not being able to continue at all. If this is the case with anyone else's game, please just do what I mentioned here and try opening the game again and see if you can continue. Yes, it's annoying to have to do this but it didn't happen a lot to me, and I loved the game so much that I always wanted to continue with it. Yes, the characters are cartoony with no lip movements and there are no voiceovers (having these would've kicked up the positive factor drastically), but they are interesting in their own right and are what makes up the adventure aspect of this game. There IS animation, however, to the other "characters" within the game, and the music is pure joy to enhance the entire experience. Minigames are easy for the most part but they are fun and varied and just the kind I like since I don't have to spend too much time figuring them out. I like to get on with the story but the skip button fills quickly if you just want to skip past them. I came across one puzzle glitch that I'd already completed (redrawing a face on an easel) when the hint button kept sending me back there with a blank easel again. I thought I'd finally reached a point where I couldn't continue, but poking around in another area found a place I hadn't yet explored and I was able to finish the game. I never bothered to check back to see if the "glitched" area stopped sparkling but it seemed to no longer matter. I loved the vibrant colors and detailed artwork that was abundant in every scene. The ending was abrupt but tied up the storyline nicely and I was sad to see it end. The map is confusing but ingenious in its design and animation. A lot of thought went into this feature alone and it's one I've never seen done before. I really had fun with this game and am still very bothered that its many flaws are not being addressed. I'd asked a mod a few months ago about this and s/he said they hadn't heard back from the developer after they'd forwarded our tech issues.

Go to: