Re:Post Any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House Tech Issues Here

[Post New]by msbeulah on Jun 6, 14 1:33 AM
Hi. I thought I had already posted this yesterday. A couple of days ago, whencame onto the game, my cash was there, then it just vanished. It set back to zero. Have been playing for a while and never had any probs before.

[Post New]by brynndelyn on Jun 15, 14 2:58 PM
When ever I try to make a baby the girl will start walking towards the bed, but then stop and turn around and start doing something else. The guy will keep going to the bed room and finish his "cycle" on the bed. I cant have any kids now because the girl won't "cooperate" and I don't wanna use my coins on adoption. Any suggestions?

Oh, and I've already uninstalled and re installed the game and that didn't work.

Edited on 06/15/2014 at 3:00:12 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 15, 14 4:40 PM
brynndelyn, I'd suggest contacting Customer Support. See my post near the bottom of p. 2 in this thread.

Can't Start New Generation

[Post New]by ALOW22 on Jun 17, 14 11:40 AM
Hey there. I'm on my second generation and would like to start my third but when I go to the family tree the button to start a new generation is no longer there. HELP! !

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post Any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House Tech Issues Here

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 21, 14 10:13 AM
The button isn't supposed to be there while both your spouses are alive. It appears only when one or both is dead. Until then, you have to put up w/ them moving slowly as they age in their empty nest.

[Post New]by cakelin113 on Jun 22, 14 3:08 PM
my characters are on freeze statis.I can load up the game and close out the game ,i even untnstalled and in stalled and they are still frozen.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jun 24, 14 6:52 AM
If the display area at the bottom includes GAME PAUSED, hit the space bar.

Otherwise, contact Customer Support. (See, if you like, my last post on p. 2 of this thread.)

kit1717
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Inheriting Hair Color No Longer Works

[Post New]by kit1717 on Jul 5, 14 7:28 AM
One of the reasons I found this game enjoyable is because I could get two peeps with the same hair color to have children with that hair color. I especially liked that I could adopt kids with the same hair color as a single parent. That was cool.

Now, however, I cannot get the same hair color no matter what. My last two had exactly the same shade of blond hair and NONE of the children had a hair color lighter than dark brown!

STOP fixing what is not broken! This is enough to tip the game over the edge for me. Unless this is fixed, I will uninstall.

[Post New]by sugarloafpaul on Aug 9, 14 1:56 PM
The original version of Virtual Families I purchased is no longer available. What happened to it?

[Post New]by ladytaz4484 on Aug 10, 14 6:15 AM
My family members are seeming to freeze in the blue room and attached bathroom. When they go to that part of the house and then their action changes like once a sec and then the do nothing and are walking nowhere. Its really annoying.

Edited on 08/10/2014 at 6:29:11 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 10, 14 11:48 AM
Kit: It never did work. You were just lucky that the totally random assignment of heads was temporarily plausible. (Personal opinion: If that's enough to make you hate the game, you have a very different value set than mine.)

Paul and Lady Taz: Contact Customer Support--link at bottom of every forum page, including this one.

Paul: I can't tell exactly what your problem is. MAYBE you should contact accounting rather than Games & Installation. But if the latter, keep reading.

Lady Taz: They'll pound on the problem, w/ your cooperation, until y'all either reach a solution, or they give up and issue a game credit.

Can't lose (except some time and frustration) and very probably win. Just remember that if at first THEY don't succeed, try, try again!

Warning! You MUST respond to the second email, the useless one w/ the common solutions to common problems that you don't have, in order to be put into line for actual attention. At present, this takes a while.

And it wouldn't hurt to complain that the obvious reason they're swamped is that they don't have enough trained techs to handle the traffic, so what is the Fish doing about it, huh?

[Post New]by ladytaz4484 on Aug 12, 14 2:25 PM

Thanks

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by trillian on Aug 17, 14 10:06 PM
I've lost count of the generation I'm on, and my families usually have five or six kids each, so I definitely understand how to get them to have babies.

With my latest couple, I get a message that they're trying to have a baby, but then they just walk off and do other things.

Immediately following this, I'm able to get the 'trying to have a baby' message without triggering the 'it's too soon to try again message.'

I'm sending this problem to tech help, although I'm sick of getting form letters that have nothing to do with whatever problem I've described. Not the techs' fault; someone at Big Fish has lost sight of the fact that great customer service was one of the things that kept us loyal to them.

[Post New]by sugarloafpaul on Aug 30, 14 9:17 AM
The regular game, with the five possible families, is not the newest or updated version of VF2. If the game is ordered from the LDW website, the game is still managed by BF but you are able to move furniture around at will. In the current BF version, which is not the updated one, this is not possible. Thus, if you place a sofa in the middle room it will consistently tell you that you cannot place it there because the unrevised game tells you something is already there, when it is not. These are technical issues that I have read from the LDW website forums. Evidently, BF is bad at revising games. There is also a new feature which allows you to change the colors of things like the wallpaper in rooms.

[Post New]by OregonGrace on Sep 1, 14 12:40 AM
Im having issues with the shower working. None of the kids can use the shower and ninety percent of the time neither can the adults. Its very odd. Doesnt appear to be broken but ive tried to make them fix it too just in case and that doesnt work either; Also tried reinstalling and that did nothing to fix the problem. Any ideas on what to do anyone?

[Post New]by sugarloafpaul on Sep 5, 14 6:07 PM
Now I am really getting annoyed. I just deleted a game because I had purchased everything and done it all. Now, I am starting again and when I try to place furniture in the newly built room nothing will place because the previous game has not been fully deleted!

trillian
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

can get 'trying to make a baby,' but then they both just walk away

[Post New]by trillian on Sep 22, 14 8:41 AM
First let me say I'm on about generation 28, and most of my generations have had five or six kids. I'm really, really, solid on the process of getting them to make babies, lol.

Now I've had this problem with three out of my last four couples. They get to the 'trying to make a baby stage,' but then they just sort of twitch oddly and go off to do something else.

I can immediately get them back to 'trying to make a baby' without triggering the 'it's too soon to try again' message.

I reported this problem when it first started happening, and the tech response was that sometimes couples get distracted.

If this only happened occasionally, I'd agree. But I'm talking about EVERY SINGLE TIME. These couples go for their entire marriages without ever actually making it to the bedroom.

Maxing them both out on baby boost doesn't have any impact.

The other suggestion was that they might not want children. Doesn't apply here, but even if it did, not wanting kids just makes it harder for them to agree to try. Even if neither wants kids, once you see the message 'trying to have a baby,' they proceed to try.

This is very frustrating. Combined with the lack of even a hint of an update, it's leaving me ready to just give up on the game.

[Post New]by solomons1stwife3 on Oct 12, 14 2:50 PM
Does anyone know how to restart this game?

[Post New]by bbalaban on Oct 17, 14 1:08 PM
Sylvanmoonscape wrote:I'm stuck on PAUSE and can't seem to get anything to move. I can click on a character and read their bio and I can drag/drop them somewhere, but they won't move. Where is the UNpause button?

[Post New]by gaemrgirl1975 on Oct 18, 14 3:45 PM
ok so i am doing the free version of this game well i played it just fine most the day and night i am into the day period i am married with a baby but when i go to go into it today its black then it goes gray then it says not responding so i go out of it and end it i go to click on it to play it and the block pops up says another game is installing close or keep open well i have only a few games and they are all paused what should i do ?

Go to: