Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 21addler_9 on Apr 20, 14 3:56 PM
(on the Mac)
I played almost all the way through with no problems until the boathouse. The game won't allow me to remove and replace a fuse. Tried re-playing and doing all boathouse actions in the same order as the guide, same problem. Re-installed. Same problem. Can't finish the game.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition

[Post New]by MissAbby on Apr 20, 14 4:38 PM
Hope you all are sending in Dr. Felix reports to Tech Support! They didn't help me, but they gave me a free coupon code for a CE!!! (I didn't ask for one, and I told them I was playing the demo..so hey..I bought another CE)! We'll either get a fix or they should give you a free coupon code.. just sayin!
Abs

callielee
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by callielee on Apr 21, 14 7:55 AM
I am having trouble with the parking lot. The trap door opened and I fed the mouse the cheese and read the note, but the bag will not open for the puzzle. I cannot get the button or tape. This one seems to have a lot of bugs.

[Post New]by ss7676 on Apr 21, 14 8:22 AM
Has anyone else lost all of their collectibles? When I started playing today, I was in the Hotel, saw a fox, picked it up and it counted it as "1/52." I looked at other collectibles. Sure enough, they're all gone. I can go back and see them in other locations, but they won't allow me to pick them up again.

Yet another bug-a-boo...

[Post New]by NancySusan on Apr 21, 14 11:50 AM
I've been a member of BFG for 4 years and have never had a problem with a lengthy download of a game until this one. I have no idea why but it's really creeping along. I've paused it twice and am now trying it again to see if the pace picks up. Last night in over 40 mins I think it downloaded 14%. It seems to be a little faster right now.

chevyqueen
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by chevyqueen on Apr 22, 14 6:26 AM
I just tried buying this game with the discount code FELIX. A pop up said that this code was not valid. The discount price should be good until the 25th.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Apr 22, 14 7:35 AM
chevyqueen wrote:I just tried buying this game with the discount code FELIX. A pop up said that this code was not valid. The discount price should be good until the 25th.

Try the SE code. I read in another forum that they are reversed.

chevyqueen
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by chevyqueen on Apr 22, 14 8:37 AM
Thank you Joyce! It worked like a charm. I was truly getting aggravated!

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Apr 22, 14 11:27 AM
21addler_9 wrote:(on the Mac)
I played almost all the way through with no problems until the boathouse. The game won't allow me to remove and replace a fuse. Tried re-playing and doing all boathouse actions in the same order as the guide, same problem. Re-installed. Same problem. Can't finish the game.

I'm having this same issue. I've also tried reloading and deleting my original profile and playing under a different one. Many of the glitches I've read about in this thread haven't seemed to affect me, but when I get to this part - talking to La Volpe (who never shows up) and removing and replacing the fuse, I can't remove the old one. Hints just tell me to look for stuff in another area, and the map shows I have an objective to complete, but can't complete it. I've already paid for this game, and I'm a bit frustrated with BGF right now, since I also couldn't get another game (Cadenza CE demo) to even open so I could try it. Are we sure that BGF isn't part of Zynga now?

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Apr 22, 14 11:38 AM
I've already made mention of my tech issue - not being able to replace the fuse in the boathouse ground floor, and no La Volpe showing up, but now I have another one to report.

I noticed that there was supposed to be a New Build out today to fix some of the problems with this game. It didn't state whether it was for PCs or Macs, so I tried to get the update via the Game Manager as it suggested. Guess what, even running a manual check for updates via Game Manager, this particular update never came up. So does that mean it's only a patch for the PC version? Get your act together BGF!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 23, 14 6:37 AM
I have an issue I haven't seen here. The screen randomly goes black with colored streaks; to continue I have to quit and restart. I haven't got far enough to get any of the other glitches mentioned, and I'm not going to bother. It's a shame, it seemed liked a nice enough game. I love Eipix and I'm a sucker for collectibles and morphing objects, but this game is just too flawed.

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Apr 23, 14 7:49 AM
During conversations, the heads of the people disappear. I am on win 7.

[Post New]by heismydelight on Apr 25, 14 5:41 PM
I cannot grab the fuse and replace with the new one to lower boat.
Please help

[Post New]by bako5555 on Apr 26, 14 11:27 AM
Hello everyone i have a problem with the game that when i exit the game it wont save and it forces me to make a new profile =)

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on May 1, 14 5:50 PM
Anyone else unable to play the extra HOS? The screen says "loading" then goes right back to the menu. Jeeez.

[Post New]by dlkings on May 3, 14 3:01 AM
Has anyone experienced an issue when using the camera? I can't get it to work; the guide says to take picture of the stars in the bell tower, but not matter where I click nothing happens.

[Post New]by mounteznutz on May 11, 14 5:34 PM
I am also unable to replace the fuse in the boat house. I see others have had the same problem. Anyone know what to do now?

[Post New]by sharonlw2 on May 12, 14 3:09 PM
21addler_9 wrote:(on the Mac)
I played almost all the way through with no problems until the boathouse. The game won't allow me to remove and replace a fuse. Tried re-playing and doing all boathouse actions in the same order as the guide, same problem. Re-installed. Same problem. Can't finish the game.[/quote This is my problem exactly,i tried everything you did, and no help either.i even tried with a different profile and went step by step according to the guide,and got to the same place and the same problem. no help here either. i play on a MAC,

[Post New]by SubaruFrog on May 15, 14 11:15 PM
mounteznutz wrote:I am also unable to replace the fuse in the boat house. I see others have had the same problem. Anyone know what to do now?

I'm having the same issue, can't get the fuse box to come up to replace fuse. I click on the area and the screen dims. Then it just sits there. Can't click on anything either. Already tried to run an update, but GameManager says no update available.

Too bad, cause I really liked the game up til now.

Running on Mac OSX 10.6.8

[Post New]by Klyhanna on May 26, 14 1:55 PM
I guess I'm not the only one in this game with glitches. I've just started the game and already was laughing how the characters were headless talking. I don't know about the hint issue everyone else is having problems with since I don't use them. Anyways, I'm still playing but hoping the update patches for the glitch will be soon.

Go to: