5 golden chest

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

Re:5 golden chest

[Post New]by dandydog on Nov 12, 14 4:15 AM
Thank you so much for those great tips Corina. So far, I've been noticing increased movement in some of my cuties that tell me that their on a scene that they really like and will give me an silver or gold chests depending who they are and how much food it takes to feed them.

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on Nov 13, 14 2:48 AM
Yes, that was the first thing I noticed too, and I haven't worked out the precise timing for my other pets, but my Panda just gave me another gold chest

[Post New]by Toria_Valkyrie on Nov 18, 14 7:03 PM
Corian, I really appreciate the tip about the facial expressions. I've gone weeks without getting a gold chest. Since I read your recommendation, I used my Panda at the Castle Gates on Nov 15th and got a gold. Piggy at the Tavern on Nov 16th and received 3 gold chests. Today, tried the Piggy at the Tavern and got rust, but the Panda at the Castle Gates gave me another gold chest.

I know it's all a matter of chance. I had a streak of luck and may not get another gold chest for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to let you know I've seen some improvement since I've tried watching the facial expressions and timing my click like you recommended.

Thanks again for the hint.

Edited on 11/27/2014 at 7:19:28 AM PST

43lil
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by 43lil on Nov 18, 14 9:44 PM
Just tried this with two available pets. Two Gold Chests!! Many thanks for the tip. Linda

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 20, 14 11:30 AM
Corian wrote:Has anyone noted the facial expressions of pets? I may just imagine it, or just be very lucky (unusual!) but I have now gotten an almost 50% golden box droprate from my Panda by waiting for him to smile and stick out his tongue a bit and then quicly feeding him. Works with the Seal and Lemur too. I haven't figured out the right moment for my Emerald Dragon yet and I'm still saving coins and postcards (not to mention diamonds) for other pets.

Corian.........I think you are onto something here!! Tried this facial expression thing 3 times..........got gold twice!! Better odds than anything else I have tried!! Thanks for the tip.

Susie

[Post New]by Toria_Valkyrie on Nov 27, 14 7:18 AM
We've a clue from the facial expressions thanks to Corian.

Has anyone who's hatched a lot of pets noticed a correlation between WHERE they are hatched and where they bring back gold/silver chests? I thought I saw something in one of the threads, but now I can't find it. Maybe I imagined reading it.

Thanks

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 27, 14 7:50 AM
I also remember something about it...........like feed the dragon by the fire fountain......tried it.........didn't work that well for me.

[Post New]by Toria_Valkyrie on Nov 27, 14 8:21 AM
Well, I know there is a thread about WHERE to feed pets in general. Wasn't sure if there was something that tied in HATCHING location. For instance:
The Phoenix typically likes the Fire Fountain location, but if he's HATCHED in the Underground Grotto he'll give gold chests there too.

Just a thought. Have a Tiger I'm collecting gold to hatch. Just wasn't sure of the best place to hatch it so decided to do some research.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 27, 14 9:40 AM
Toria............I read your post wrong........read HATCH, brain said FEED.....have no idea about the hatching.......never noticed where I hatched mine.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Nov 27, 14 12:27 PM
Toria_Valkyrie,

I like your way of thinking, but I already have hatched 11 pets, not sure where I have hatched them, but your idea is funny. If you can keep track of the places in the game where you feed your pets (where you have hatched them), maybe it's another way of playing/feeding. Keep us informed.

[Post New]by BlackbirdInSnow on Nov 28, 14 3:11 PM
mrs23 wrote:
silver_hawk wrote:
mrs23 wrote:Like an idiot, I CRAFTED the golden chest!!!! Of course, it did nothing for me.

It was worth a try. Depending on what level you are at, you need one in level 22 for Pete's quest 1/6.

Thanks! That is good to hear. I am in Level 22 but have not opened up Pete's quests until I am done with the other one. At least it will be there waiting for me.

I didn't know you can craft a gold chest. How does that happen?

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Nov 28, 14 3:33 PM
If you look in the list of items to be crafted, you will find a GOLDEN (not gold) chest.

Edited on 11/28/2014 at 3:34:53 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Nov 28, 14 4:25 PM
Golden chest (craft item) does not count towards the gold chest achievement.

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Nov 28, 14 7:39 PM
aussie_Dot wrote:Golden chest (craft item) does not count towards the gold chest achievement.

Read three replies up. I said that it did NOTHING for me. Never said it counted towards the gold chest achievement award.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Nov 28, 14 10:25 PM
Mrs23! Sorry if you took my reply the wrong way BUT it was not meant as a criticism of you or indeed for you. I was simply pointing out to Blackbirdin Snow it was not part of the pet/gold chest achievement which is what I thought this thread was about. Thank you for pointing out to me, I need to be more specific in my posting.

Edited on 11/29/2014 at 3:24:50 AM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Nov 30, 14 7:06 AM
I have been watching my pets every scene........I was in the witch's lair and my pig was going nuts..........wings fluttering SO fast I could hardly see them......fed him and GOLD!!! This expression theory is working about 75% of the time!!

[Post New]by BlackbirdInSnow on Nov 30, 14 4:07 PM
Oh now I see, the golden chest doesn't even look like the gold chest that's in the achievements, thanks for explaning it for me

Corian
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Corian on Dec 8, 14 12:28 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:I have been watching my pets every scene........I was in the witch's lair and my pig was going nuts..........wings fluttering SO fast I could hardly see them......fed him and GOLD!!! This expression theory is working about 75% of the time!!

Yep, same for me. It doesn't work everytime, perhaps because it just improves the drop rate (a lot!) or perhaps because the timing has to be very precise, but since I started watching the expressions I get golden chests at least half the time. I am still experimenting with different pets, and I still find the Panda the easiest to recognise - tongue all the way out - but the only pets I have not been succesful with at all are the Snow Griffin and the Cat and that is probably because they simply do not give gold chests. Still, as soon as I have gotten my 20th gold chest for the achievement I will try them a bit more too

Go to: