New Update???

Re:New Update???

[Post New]by skydancer452 on May 13, 14 10:03 PM
I am happy for the new update. After reading the posts here I was ready to quit on level 20. In my opinion most HOS games are repetitive, but this was to the extreme. I can't afford to spend real money on a free game, so I was ready to leave. I have given gifts to others yet never received any in return, which is another reason I was thinking of leaving.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 13, 14 10:30 PM
Wow,

I read the too easy thread before going into my game. I was halfway through the 3rd bow figurine & was surprised to see how it had changed. I did enjoy the challenge but not but the dozen. I will get it finished by July now.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on May 13, 14 10:34 PM
This update is weird My level 14 player got no notice and no update. My level 24 player got the update notice , so I loaded it. So far I've had 3 HOS without the objects list requiring task manager stop/ start AND it's stolen 2 Blood Lotuses. The first time I thought maybe I just wasn't paying attention. The second time I wrote down every step just to be sure. I collected all the items (again) for the binding egg, got my blood lotus and went immediately to the lab to craft. No Blood lotus. Not in the crafting area, not in my inventory. THIEVES ! I will be reporting this to the tech staff,

[Post New]by milliemaltese on May 13, 14 10:45 PM
I was one of the recipients of SilverHawl's Soul Selectors so First, let me say Thank You to her for her generosity. I'm happy the newer players won't have to do those dreaded and endless searches to fulfill the Bow Figurine, 6 Paws, etc. But for those of us who slogged and fought our way through it to Level 24, we should at least get a T-shirt, or better yet some gifted diamonds!

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on May 14, 14 12:49 AM
I am at the "end" of level 24 so made it through all the damned bow figurines and six paws that have been so time, gold coins and diamonds consuming, but it was my own decision not to give up. So I am really happy that it will be much easier for all gamers on levels below us . The new update will save them from a lot of frustration and therefore

Happy gaming !!!!!

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 14, 14 1:15 AM
But they could have waited until I got to level 24! I haven't downloaded the update and I won't until I am there!

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 14, 14 3:20 AM
milliemaltese wrote:I was one of the recipients of SilverHawl's Soul Selectors so First, let me say Thank You to her for her generosity. I'm happy the newer players won't have to do those dreaded and endless searches to fulfill the Bow Figurine, 6 Paws, etc. But for those of us who slogged and fought our way through it to Level 24, we should at least get a T-shirt, or better yet some gifted diamonds!

OH BOY am I with you on that one ...gems would be just fine

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on May 14, 14 3:53 AM
Sorry to be a pain good people but how do i get this update?
I cannot get it to load and unsure where to go now.
it just throws me off when i try

just to say well done to all of you that struggled through all those awful sounding levels
You deserve something
a special Avatar to show you did it all perhaps?
brave souls

wendy

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 14, 14 4:11 AM
Hi Oliversgranny...

When you open your Game Manager, at the left there should be a number 1 in red, indicating that there is an update. And when you scroll down to the Midnight Castle game, you will see a kind of thunder image next to "Activated". Just click at the left on that part where the red 1 is, and follow it to the "update".

Otherwise, just go to the main game page of this game - click on "Try this game" at the top of this page - and just download the game from there.

Good luck.

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 4:11:55 AM PST

bunnygal
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by bunnygal on May 14, 14 4:48 AM
Hmm...not sure how I feel about this change.

I don't mind the 'wasting of my time'; as I was still enjoying the game, tho the thought of achieving what they asked of us-was a bit mind-boggling. I couldn't even keep all those things straight, it just seemed like 'this' wanted x,y, & z...and 'that' also did.
In someways, it feels a little like a copout....but if it buys them time to do a better thing in the future; ok, I will go for that.
As far now, well, my life just got simpler.
Still to come...what it worth the wait...?
What IS next?

Lady Diane...weaving rainbows as she waits
for the other shoe to drop...

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on May 14, 14 4:56 AM
rosiebvt wrote:

THEY WERE LISTENING!!!! No more crafted items for the BF!!!!!!!! Ditto Pirate Standard, ditto 6-paw.

rosiebvt, my sentiments, exactly! It was such an immense sense of relief to click that horrible, dreaded Bow Figurine and find things much simplified.

It is so great to know that, at least now and then, it pays for us to express our opinions.

New Update???

[Post New]by donlove on May 14, 14 6:10 AM
So pleased they have done this update, I feel I have been on level 21 forever and was thinking of stopping when I had reached level 22. Now I'm happy to carry on playing. Also I play under the name of Donna and would like to thank Laura for all her gifts, which really helped me.

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 10:53:45 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on May 14, 14 8:13 AM
OMG I'm somewhere in the middle of level 22, after spending forever in level 21 and working really hard to get through it and just reached the pirates final quest - Thank you for this update! Is all I can say really. If I had to do this quest before it would take a week, now it's more of a all fun and games challenge. Wow. Still got that weird problem of not being able to put unusual stamps on my wish list though and I really need them. But I guess it's a problem with my game only and I should contact customer service about that, hoping they can do something. Can't say about the gifts thing yet, will see at midnight but have been getting a few "retry to connect to server" in the past hour. Probably many people are playing now ha? Well, welcome back

sugar19703
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by sugar19703 on May 14, 14 12:19 PM
I was in the process of doing my first bow figurine when low and behold new update arrives and everything has changed. I have not spent any money on gems or coins on this game just hard work and dedication every hour lol. So glad that the change came when it did!

Thanks Bigfish and Elephant Games!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on May 14, 14 12:42 PM
milliemaltese wrote:I was one of the recipients of SilverHawl's Soul Selectors so First, let me say Thank You to her for her generosity. I'm happy the newer players won't have to do those dreaded and endless searches to fulfill the Bow Figurine, 6 Paws, etc. But for those of us who slogged and fought our way through it to Level 24, we should at least get a T-shirt, or better yet some gifted diamonds!
LOL..I had just finished my last quest(level 24) about 15 minutes before the new update.So happy for those players that are hitting level 21 ect..

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 14, 14 12:51 PM
Chipper, I think you receive the award for "Most Allowed to be Peeved about this Update". Glad to see you aren't!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 14, 14 12:54 PM
milliemaltese wrote:This update is weird My level 14 player got no notice and no update. My level 24 player got the update notice , so I loaded it. So far I've had 3 HOS without the objects list requiring task manager stop/ start AND it's stolen 2 Blood Lotuses. The first time I thought maybe I just wasn't paying attention. The second time I wrote down every step just to be sure. I collected all the items (again) for the binding egg, got my blood lotus and went immediately to the lab to craft. No Blood lotus. Not in the crafting area, not in my inventory. THIEVES ! I will be reporting this to the tech staff,

Assuming your players are on the same computer, you should only get the notice for the first game you started after they made the update available, since there's only one copy of the program on the computer. If your level 14 game is on IOS, they haven't gotten the update so that explains that. All that other crud is beyond logical explanation!

Go to: