Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on May 27, 14 9:42 AM
Game downloaded fine but won't install as with of the games I have bought recently!Help!

chevyqueen
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by chevyqueen on May 28, 14 3:01 PM
I uninstalled this game because of the disappearing machete. I have just replayed up to the point where I need to use the machete. Same thing happened! No machete available in my inventory and I saw it go into my inventory! This issue has been on-going for awhile. This isn't the only game I am having problems with. Fairway Solitaire has an issue with it's record breaking trophy. I will leave that alone as this is not the right forum for it. I am posting this here because of my frustrations. No mod. has yet to respond in that forum. I can remember a time when BFG took care of game glitches immediately or to be more precise they worked with the game developers to solve glitches. I am very frustrated and thinking about canceling my BFG membership. I have been a long time customer and have bought a lot of games!

[Post New]by nephratiti on May 31, 14 6:56 PM
I lost my machete when I cut the vines to in where the gargoyle is. Now I'm stuck because I cant cut the tree branch off or make my grappling hook

[Post New]by Avalon7404 on May 31, 14 7:35 PM
081288 wrote:I am playing the bonus game and can't get the grapes from the furnace in order to open a gate. I have the gate wind but there is no hot spot. Anybody else having this trouble. Please help.

Same here, is there a fix yet? How do I tell Big Fish the problem? Maybe if enough people let it be known here, they will out a fix for everyone.

[Post New]by Tobor6 on Jun 1, 14 4:38 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem with the machette. I try to return to the angel to take it again but not possible. So not possible to play the game.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jun 1, 14 1:15 PM
I opened the game just fine but was interrupted after only 3 min. & exited. Now I try to open the game again but will not open,says I have 57 min left. Why can't I open it??? I really wanted to try this game. I am on a slow burn, gettinjg hotter by the min.

[Post New]by Winnibigoshish on Jun 1, 14 9:14 PM
Machete solved
Approaching the big log next to the angry gargoyle, need to cut the log but machete disappeared after cutting the vines, here's what worked for me:
selected 'menu', and then 'menu' again (to get to main menu),
created a new player, began the game as new player,
played only two or so clicks as new player, went back to main menu and changed 'player' back to my original player, and machete was magically back in my inventory. Hope this can help others.

[Post New]by simini on Jun 5, 14 5:50 PM
I tried restarting the bonus chapter and used the handle on the fireplace first- it worked! Thanks!

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Jun 5, 14 9:19 PM
The same thing happened to me. I restarted the bonus chapter but I really hate having to start a game over again. I may do it at a later date.

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on Jun 7, 14 10:58 AM
tillybaby wrote:Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they managed to fix it,

I am in chapter 3 near a bad tempered gargoyle and a branch across the road which apparently I have to use my machete on to chop it up but I don't have a machete anymore so mission is impossible. Up until this happened I was really enjoying the game,

I had the same problem. On the Mac, the solve of "resetting" the game doesn't work - it does what it says and restarts the game. I think my problem may have happened because in Chapter 3 I opened the door to the treehouse, then I opened the gate with the machete, but went back to the treehouse to do those activities BEFORE I went through the gate. I had not stopped and saved the game or anything; the machete was gone when I went back and finally went through the gate.

I had to restart the game and this time I did one thing that could be important. This time when I got to Chapter 3, I used the machete on the gate I IMMEDIATELY went through and used the machete on the tree before doing anything else. That seemed to work. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

My system: iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3; 8GB RAM; System 10.6.8

Edited on 06/07/2014 at 11:04:47 AM PST

rmpersun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rmpersun on Jun 9, 14 5:48 PM
Avalon7404 wrote:
081288 wrote:I am playing the bonus game and can't get the grapes from the furnace in order to open a gate. I have the gate wind but there is no hot spot. Anybody else having this trouble. Please help.

Same here, is there a fix yet? How do I tell Big Fish the problem? Maybe if enough people let it be known here, they will out a fix for everyone.

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jun 10, 14 11:34 AM
iamshiva wrote:I opened the game just fine but was interrupted after only 3 min. & exited. Now I try to open the game again but will not open,says I have 57 min left. Why can't I open it??? I really wanted to try this game. I am on a slow burn, getting hotter by the min.
I tried uninstalling & reinstalling, now MY TRIAL IS OVER!! does anyone ever read these posts or are we just waseing our time??

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Jun 17, 14 12:31 PM
Techs take forever. BFG changed last year for the worst. When a lot of people have same complaint, common sense says to fix it. e.g. Grim tales: the Vengeance. STOP telling us to email techs.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Jun 17, 14 12:35 PM
I'm with you Chevyqueen. Try turning your computer off and then on.

[Post New]by ladakib on Jun 20, 14 8:21 AM
It's been quite a few weeks and the issue with the machete still hasn't been resolved. I have run into the same issue and don't think it's my job to jump through hoops to get this game to work properly. By now, BFG and Elephant should have released an update to fix this and the bonus game issue. Very disappointed this has not happened and think this really highlights the negative changes going on at BFG.

[Post New]by fasbmaster on Jul 6, 14 2:14 PM
I have the same problem as several others, in the bonus chapter the fireplace is not active so I can't use the handle to retrieve the grapes. Are they going to fix this issue?? It's an obvious glitch since so many have the same problem.

[Post New]by keatyp on Jul 10, 14 5:32 PM
Thanks for the advice about the disappearing machete. You don't have to start the whole game over, just quit and restart - then don't peek to see if the machete has reappeared - it will be there, then when you click on the tree you need to cut, it's gone again. Resist the temptation - shut down game, restart, go to tree, and then and only then open your inventory. Voila, the machete!

[Post New]by jperiale on Dec 6, 14 12:55 PM
I'm also having trouble with the machete. It disappeared from tools so I'm stuck. Did anyone come up with a fix?

[Post New]by MyLadyVixen on Apr 11, 15 6:34 PM
I'm in Chapter 5 HOP behind the curtain and I can't move the feather onto the hat. I've signed off and resigned in, and restarted my iPad to no avail... Anyone else have this problem?!?!

[Post New]by Mom3240 on Apr 13, 15 8:58 PM
I'm having the same issue in chapter 5 as lady vixen. I'm unable to get the feather to complete the hat so I can move on. I've done everything tech recommends except deleting the game and starting over. I'm getting tired of these problems with every game. I don't want to have to start games over and then get to the same point in the game and have the same problem. I'm playing on an iPad Air if that makes any difference......it shouldn't

Go to: