Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall here

[Post New]by lilacwinter on May 31, 14 2:37 PM
I have windows 8.1 and Direct x 11. It says uninstall and reinstall this game because of direct x installation fail. I tried it twice.

Angeleyes fix on page 2 worked! I guess I'm set for direct x weird issues with games from 2005 til 2014? I saw dates with the download. lol

Edited on 05/31/2014 at 3:16:33 PM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 31, 14 5:17 PM
will there be a solution to this game or will you keep ignoring us and telling us to do dr felix when the problem is yours - so tired of BFG flag ups and you TELLING US what to do - Why dont you do a DR Felix on the game and then come back to us - ho hum - doubt it - BFG rappidly going downhill - to many inferior games - to many problems
Are you financially safe and sound or is this company about to go under - with the amount of cheap and poor quality games put out - we really think you guys are struggling
No reply needed

[Post New]by tuscany820 on Jun 1, 14 5:44 PM
according to my computer have direct X windows 8 cannot play game error message ND12127 have reinstalled the game not working this is a bug they need to fix or give credit for game

[Post New]by azangie71 on Jun 2, 14 8:16 PM
And another to add to the Direct X issue - I am not going to attempt to download again based on the posts here.

Big Fish - PLEASE FIX!

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Jun 4, 14 4:22 PM
I have downloaded & uninstalled this game twice

THEN- I restarted & downloaded again AFTER disabling Norton Firewall

I keep getting a message Direct X will download with game
I am attempting ( keyword- ATTEMPTING) to do a Dr Felix report

But that is stuck at 3/4 of the way after one hour

I want to get rid of this freakin game

My drivers are up to date

Aggravated

Cooky

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 8, 14 1:50 PM
The problem is that the version of DirectX on Windows 8 (DirectX 11) is too new for the game. You need DirectX 9 as a separate install. There is a link to it on the Microsoft site on page two of this thread.
[The game was developed in Windows XP.
DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 will run in parallel but have to be installed separately]

Edited on 06/08/2014 at 1:55:25 PM PST

Over 30mins to download & still no go!

[Post New]by Kiwidog on Jun 8, 14 7:33 PM
I waited over a half an hour for this game to download only to get an error message when I tried to start it up! There was an issue with the install & I was asked to uninstall & reinstall again!
I read a few other posts and saw that a few others were having problems with DirectX. Angeleyes solution on pg.2 seemed to have worked for me.
I will attempt to try to play the game . . .we'll see.

[Post New]by MAMAKAZ55 on Jun 10, 14 10:48 AM
What is going on with BigFish? Has a hacker taken over ?I used a credit on this game and gotten the DX nonsence error.I love Bigfish and have spent alot of money on games on here for yrs,i would hate to go elsewhere.Wake up people of Bigfish!

[Post New]by Ani35ol on Jun 11, 14 12:43 AM
I'm getting the same Direct X message and just an empty folder appearing when I tried to play. New computer as well so should be no problem. I'd be a lot more upset if I hadn't used game credits to try this out. Uninstalling it until somebody fixes this issue.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 11, 14 5:30 AM
This is the DirectX fix -

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Jun 11, 14 4:56 PM
i am having the same problems with this game as everyone else but what concerns me most of all is the games that i down load cause gremlins in my computors. Three of them have been in to the local computor shops and been examined, cleaned etc and etc and after spending too much money it now comes down to BF distributing faulty and untested games. I had issues with games that i bought years ago so I had decided that every time some boffin at bf had changed the game manager, threw pop ups everywhere, and generally seemed to have lost the plot. then the whole thing went to scrap and worse. Sort it now!

[Post New]by meryfreksunshine on Jun 13, 14 8:02 PM
I HAVE FOUND A FIX FOR THE DIRECTX PROBLEM:

Do not uninstall the game...instead uninstall DirectX from your computer (no mater what version you have) then go to the DirectX website and install the latest version. Restart your computer and try playing the game again....it worked for me! I'm playing right now! hope it works for everyone else

[Post New]by TimeLordessKiera on Jun 19, 14 4:51 PM
I got the same Error Message with Direct X.. I also sent my email with a file.. I have a Samsung with windows 7.. Very upset i wasted a credit for a game i can't play..

[Post New]by TimeLordessKiera on Jun 19, 14 5:17 PM
meryfreksunshine wrote:I HAVE FOUND A FIX FOR THE DIRECTX PROBLEM:

Do not uninstall the game...instead uninstall DirectX from your computer (no mater what version you have) then go to the DirectX website and install the latest version. Restart your computer and try playing the game again....it worked for me! I'm playing right now! hope it works for everyone else

It worked for me!! Thanks!!

[Post New]by deanobadjo on Jun 20, 14 7:57 AM
yeah reading reviews now and very disappointed with this download never had problems like this before. I am of course talking about the major problem of the error message about the direct x not working. Has anyone found out what this is about and how to fix it yet. Just got in touch with bigfish attached the dr felix report and waiting for them to get back to me.

li45co
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by li45co on Jun 21, 14 7:32 AM
Okay had all the problems that people have posted here,my game kept saying direct X not working etc,re installed etc, no luck.I have windows 7,with direct X 11
after fiddling about finally got the game working.
here is my step by step ,(if it worked for me might work for someone else)so good luck.
1)Go to program's and uninstall the BFG game manager and uninstall every thing.
2).Perform a disk clean up including shadow copies.
3).Restart you computer.
4.) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71- 4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

and follow instructions(p.s) make sure any pages are closed .
5) Restart computer after download is complete.
6) go to BFG site and download game again this will also download the BFG manager
7) Once the download has completed.( Do not open....)close everything and restart computer.
8) Open the game from you desktop icon.
hopefully your game should start,Good luck.

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 7:35:06 AM PST

G843
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by G843 on Jun 25, 14 11:58 AM
I am having the same Direct X problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times. I have never had problems before. I am very anxious to play. Please help!!!!!!!

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Jun 26, 14 10:38 AM
So frustrating, especially when you can't download a sample first.
Dear BFG - I want my money back please!

tyandlindsma wrote:Add me to the list of those getting the Direct X error message. I have uninstalled and am attempting to reinstall (and it takes FOREVER) to download, so this will take awhile. Ugh. Hope this will be straightened out by BF.

[Post New]by nylilly on Jul 1, 14 12:57 PM
I got a reply from Tech Support. They said to go to this link and download this for direct x.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

I did it and it seems to work. It allowed me the start the game anyway. I've just started playing.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Jul 7, 14 12:58 PM
My game is so dark I can't see a thing! I wave my mouse around until I get a hand or magnifying glass, but I can't see where I am going or things right in front of my face!
I have my monitor set at the highest brightness possible, to no avail. There are no brightness options within the game. I just can't play like this! Day or night makes no difference!
Is there some point in the game where the lights are on? I don't think I can take much more of this blind rummaging around and will need to get a refund if I can't see to play!
Any ideas, fishies???? Thanks in advance!

Go to: