Eliran
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:What do you think of the game?

[Post New]by Eliran on Apr 3, 10 3:53 PM
I really enjoyed it. Like many people, I got sucked in almost immediately by the story and had to keep going "just one more chapter" to see what would happen next.

Some of the objects are small, but not so much that you couldn't find them. I probably had to use hints to find hidden objects maybe a total of 4-5 times throughout the game. Graphics aren't as sharp as in more recent games, but that's to be expected.

In terms of the "adventure" aspect of the game, more advanced players will probably be annoyed by the amount of hand-holding; you're given specific instructions on what to do with just about everything, every step of the way.

The mini-puzzles could be challenging, but not impossible; I was able to get through without a walkthrough and without skipping any of them. I do think, however, that I managed to complete most of the lockpicking puzzles out of random clicks and sheer luck. The sphere puzzles start out almost idiotically simple, but get quite challenging towards the end.

Although it was the story that drew me to the game initially, in the end it was also the most frustrating part. For one thing, I found some of the actions of the hero to be rather illogical and downright moronic. Secondly, although maybe it was done intentionally, I found the story to be increasingly convoluted and difficult to follow. I was hoping for more answers than was provided by the end, although again, that may have been intentional.

But it did keep me glued to my computer for a solid several hours, which doesn't happen all that much anymore.

janinpa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by janinpa on Apr 5, 10 8:03 PM
Different, unique, interesting. A type of game I had never experienced before. I don't play for long periods of time so it always kept me wanting to come back to it. Don't know what else to say on this one! LOL

Jan

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 8:07:11 PM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Apr 5, 10 8:11 PM
As soon as I looked at the walkthrough,I was stunned how ugly this game is,and dark. Had no desire whatsoever to even demo it! I believe it has to be the ugliest PC game that I have ever seen![b]

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 8:12:43 PM PST

Lenny83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Lenny83 on Apr 6, 10 3:34 AM
Hi soblessed57!
Maybe you should give a chance to this game walkthrough is not a playing. Feel the atmosphere... I like this game for strange little scary storyline...

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 6, 10 4:16 AM
Started this game and really enjoyed it. But there were so many levels and the story so long, I found myself getting bored and wishing it would hurry and end.
You definately get your money's worth but for me it just kept going on and on.
But I did have fun with it.

Edited on 04/06/2010 at 4:28:39 AM PST

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Apr 6, 10 4:18 AM
This is a great game, but SoBlessed is right- it is not the place to go if you're after a beautiful image.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Apr 13, 10 7:47 PM
i love the story, but the game itself? it seems kind of uneven to me. at times the tasks seem too obvious, at others too obscure. when it stays to the middle-ground between those two, it's intriguing and fun.

i'm not sure i appreciated trying to find all of those (microscopic) matches.. the screen could be a little more clear, if those are the kind of objects you're made to look for (grumpily said. )

overall, it's okay. i think of it as kind of a time filler, rather than the more compelling "i want to stop playing now but can't" kind of game.

Mookie25
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Mookie25 on Apr 15, 10 2:47 PM
OMG! Does it ever end?

I keep thinking...please either leave the city or die already.

I'll keep going.....can't stop now (chapter 30).

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 15, 10 3:20 PM
You've only got 10 chapters to go Hang in there, the story gets even more intense as you go~

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on May 1, 10 8:05 PM
So-so. I picked this up as a daily deal so i was satisfied. It was long and the story was intriguing but the pacing was off. At times it dragged and at times i had trouble following what was happening because the story jumped forward. I also thought it was too easy. I think it would have been better if they had an inventory to choose from instead of the game telling you what item you had to use. Also, the game told you what to do at every step. I thing it would have been more effective if the player had to figure out the next step insead of reading it in the margin.

Sparrow1
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Sparrow1 on May 6, 10 7:34 PM
I'm liking this game. Not absolutely loving it, but definite in like. It's quirky. Storyline absolutely draws me in. It's not a difficult game by any means. I'm on chapter 15 and have used like...two hints so far? I can't remember. To repeat, it's not difficult. But I find it interesting. It was definitely worth the 2.99 I spent on it.

You can only save progress after the end of each level, but the levels are short and there's no time penalty, so it's all good.

So if you like the, "and now for something completely different" mindset, give this a go.

Sparrow

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on May 10, 10 8:36 AM
I loved this game and played it again! (and will play again) It's my kind of storyline! I so hope that there's a sequel coming .... soon!
Yes, some of the puzzles were maddening and some were repetetive, but i still loved it!

Sparrow1
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by Sparrow1 on May 10, 10 7:35 PM
Finished the game. And I'm no longer in the cautious kind of "like" category. I've crossed over to the "love" side. Yeah..some of the mini games are repetitive and tedious. No matter. Amazing fun and intriguing story.

Sparrow

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 10, 10 8:51 PM
I passed on this game a year ago, could have even played the full ver free on another game club I belonged to. It's graphics mostly that sell me a game being a visual arts medium, and just a quick look at the screenshots and video was an immediate turnoff. Elementary, void of color, even objects, looked depressing.

Then with a free coupon expiring gave the demo a try and to my surprise got so sucked in I had to get it! Something different is the understatement, never played anything like it. I rarely read much of stories and skip dialogue because there are so few GOOD writers in the games industry. This was a mood setter from the get go, becoming more surreal as I got sucked further. Almost like trying to read or put down reading Crime and Punishment. I felt the main character was losing what was left of his mind, and feared going crazy, and I was into his head or him into mine which IMO is very good manipulative writing. Then I realized the graphics were contributing to the mood and really fit.

I spent hours through the night going paranoid or OCD nuts with him trying to grasp the last drop of reality. I almost lost it trying to find all the matches on a bus LOL. Unfortunately I was falling asleep, then trying to fill another punchcard I never got back to it. It takes being in a certain rare mood to get back into it and finish. Now I'm afraid I'll have to have a long space of uninterrupted time to try to get back because I'll have to start over to build that mood the writer intended. But now I am spending more time reading stories that can be good and carry the game, like Vampireville, didn't miss a word of voice over or reading. Without that humor it could be passed over like a pretty dumb game. I will get back to Lost but if you want more of the same last fav you played, this isn't it, can't think of one that compares. But one thing I will always buy is talent and think the artists/writers/producers deserve to eat like any others good at what they do. My contribution to the Arts

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 10, 10 9:12 PM
Just to add I ditto everything Scarlet posted. Maybe it just takes a certain discriminating buyer looking for elements matching their own tastes. Glad she appreciates even the choice of fonts, her thing, but not many people even recognize the moods a good designer can set with fonts in their pallet unless they are all wrong.

If you used to watch Twilight Zone, this is it with mini games and no commercials

tafkat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by tafkat on May 12, 10 4:23 AM
I really liked this one too. It isn't the greatest game out there, but the storyline is compelling and creative. I'm looking forward to a sequel.

BillTheOne
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by BillTheOne on Jul 26, 10 12:56 PM
I think it`s great everything`s there spend a little time to exam all the info and you won`t have many probs. with the game.I enjoy relaxing and using my brain.
I give 5

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Jul 27, 10 4:57 PM
Doesn't seem to be much gray area in opinions here! I will not buy, but not for the reasons already listed. I found the scenes very fuzzy and objects hard to identify even with the use of the magnifying glass. Also penalties for extra clicks, which you need because you can't see the stuff!

Yendor2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Yendor2 on Aug 3, 10 6:04 AM
Play this one for the story!

If you just click through the diary pages as fast as they come up, you'll find the same issues the other posters were talking about -- rather repetitive puzzles, easy hidden objects. But the atmosphere is fantastically creepy, and I wanted to find what happened next!

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Aug 15, 10 5:06 PM
Last night i trialled this game. I hated it. I could not find all the batteries and when i clicked on the hammer i got MISclicks. The items are miniscule. In the 2 Agatha Christie games I have, and in the "Great Gatsby" (great games) some items are very small but i have NO problem finding the items. I only need an occasional hint. I suppose the difficulty in this game is that it is more blurred and dark on dark. I would not buy this game even for $2.99.

I give this game only ONE and

Go to: