bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 11, 14 11:57 AM
Thanks for your input KCErin!

Another user in a different thread HERE seems to have come across the same solution. It appears that starting a new profile in the game will allow you to progress past the point where the game freezes.

Thank you for this information and please feel free to post your results here in this thread. I hope it helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 11, 14 12:28 PM
I'm having the same problem, and none of the posted work arounds helped. Come on Big Fish, you screwed up. It's your problem not ours. Fix it. You used to be known for your customer service, but it seems this is no longer the case?

pkbeehler
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by pkbeehler on Jun 11, 14 12:31 PM
Please add me to the ever growing list of gamers with complaints about this game and several others I have purchased in the past. I've been with BFG for 5 years =/- and am saddened at the way they are letting their products slip by with so many problems in them.

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Jun 11, 14 12:33 PM
My computer will not even let me install it, it says the installer is damaged or corrupted and will not install at all. Since I read the reviews and just bought it I would like my money back or my coupon replaced since I used one of my coupons for free game.

lindaol
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lindaol on Jun 11, 14 1:04 PM
I give up.
Glad i didnt buy this one.
Started a new profile, and the game froze in another place.
Why are we the "guinnea pigs" for Big Fish???
I've left alot of money in here, and I'M the one who have to get stuck with the glitchy games. Annoying!!
Fix the glitches before putting out the games!
Its the third game I've had issues with in a short time.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Jun 11, 14 1:06 PM
Mine is frozen, too. I probably would have bought this one but not now. Pity.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Jun 11, 14 1:11 PM
pkbeehler wrote:Please add me to the ever growing list of gamers with complaints about this game and several others I have purchased in the past. I've been with BFG for 5 years =/- and am saddened at the way they are letting their products slip by with so many problems in them.

Just told my kids today, I'll probably dump BFG after being a member for 7 years. I got 15 games in the last month. Only THREE of them didn't have a glitch.That doesn't even count the glitchy demos.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Jun 11, 14 1:42 PM
Same problem (demo only) of game freezing after I used the bucket of water on the rabbit. I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to end the game as no other option works. The solution of changing user profile isn't even possible on restart as it opens in the same place with the same problem. Too bad.....seemed like a promising game.

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Froze

[Post New]by Maryish on Jun 11, 14 2:01 PM
Hapless wrote:After buying the game and playing for half an hour it froze with a skip message at the top right hand side. I have uninstalled and re-installed. but still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Linda

This has happened to me as well. Very disappointing.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 11, 14 2:09 PM
Just adding my 2 cents to the pond with the freezing issue...too bad really, I was enjoying it.

debbie6754
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by debbie6754 on Jun 11, 14 2:38 PM
Game freezes for me as well. Had to do control/alt/del. Time for a patch.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jun 11, 14 2:43 PM
nomatt wrote:Game does not run. It looks like it is loading then crashes to desktop. Have restarted PC, uninstalled/ reinstalled. No go. I know my PC is fine so I won't be trying anything else.

same here.... no demo, no buy...

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Jun 11, 14 2:55 PM
game froze after hour of play. too bad would have bought on sale.

GAME FREEZES AT FIRST VOICEOVER

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Jun 11, 14 3:37 PM
i downloaded the demo ... and it keeps freezing at the VERY FIRST VOICEOVER ... uninstalled and reinstalled ... kept the custom cursor ... nothing seems to fix this ... i don't understand how this game has FOUR STARS! ... PLEASE FIX!!!... by the way the NEW PROFILE solution DOES NOT work for me ... IMAC with WINDOWS 7 under PARALLELS ... i have played hundreds of games without any problems ... GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD PLEASE!!!

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 3:40:28 PM PST

[Post New]by Melatonine on Jun 11, 14 5:28 PM
I am having the same problems and not only the game frose, but using crtl+alt+delete would not work.
I had to restart my computer again to get out of the game. I am a windows user by the way.
It's a shame i already bought the game...

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jun 11, 14 5:44 PM
I can't play it at all. It just kicks me out to either my game manager or my desktop. How was this game even released? People demoed it, so they must have been able to play it.

Edited on 06/11/2014 at 5:44:52 PM PST

dzinr38
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dzinr38 on Jun 11, 14 7:59 PM
Same here. Game is frozen even when I force quite using Task Manager and then restart the game. Same issue where it's stuck at one scene with the word "Skip" at the top right. Do I really need to start over again? UGH! If this persists, I'm hoping BFG will refund my free game coupon I used.

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Jun 11, 14 10:20 PM
I have the same issue with the SKIP at the top right and the game frozen!!! I tried uninstall/reinstall but did not fix. Restarted with new profile (UGH!) and game worked up to the same point again and then froze with the SKIP in the top right corner!!

This game needs to be fixed!!!

[Post New]by BettyMR554 on Jun 11, 14 10:23 PM
Just another unsatisfied player who had to close the game with the task manager to get out of the frozen screen. Is Big Fish going to refund the cost of this game to all of us or fix the problems? I'm not even going to try to do anything with the game again until I hear from Big Fish.

emmydog
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by emmydog on Jun 11, 14 11:09 PM
Everything was going fine for me, so I bought it, activated it and about 5 minutes later it froze with the "skip" in the upper right. Couldn't do anything. I hope someone's working on a patch for this game. It seemed pretty good.

Go to: