Where to Find Paintings

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Where to Find Paintings

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 23, 14 11:47 PM
Jp, the thing with these quests is that they do seem to have a kind of disconnect to them, so it is not a matter of dumbing down things - just not that obvious. Good grief, several things have made me feel not so bright - I have had to ask twice where to find the Special Ran collection.

Buying the cat seems like it isn't really optional and the Egyptian necklace. But I bought the cat as soon as I saw it and the necklace because I was so glad there was a cat finally.

The way I did it was armed with the collection list, played each mini game, assembled the item, Clicked on the clue, went to the main screen picked up the quest to play, and then went to play the city.

Something that has come up lately is that you have to be on upper levels of the cities HOs for some of the items to drop, or, at least, that seems to be what is being reported and it is the pattern of the game. Also you might have to go through modes to get to the one you need. Depending on what level you are on the city HO games - you can tell if Picky is not open to you yet. Maybe a little scouting is in order of all your cities are not on master level yet. Look through the list of collectibles, see which modes are needed and if you aren't there yet don't try for that collection. But nothing much is going on right now so working through the levels so you can get that piece would definitely be something to focus on.

I will tell you this update generated more pages of threads than any before- we were pretty darned vocal during the Valentine quests. So take heart....

jpineo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jpineo on Jul 24, 14 9:15 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Jp, the thing with these quests is that they do seem to have a kind of disconnect to them, so it is not a matter of dumbing down things - just not that obvious. Good grief, several things have made me feel not so bright - I have had to ask twice where to find the Special Ran collection.

Buying the cat seems like it isn't really optional and the Egyptian necklace. But I bought the cat as soon as I saw it and the necklace because I was so glad there was a cat finally.

The way I did it was armed with the collection list, played each mini game, assembled the item, Clicked on the clue, went to the main screen picked up the quest to play, and then went to play the city.

Something that has come up lately is that you have to be on upper levels of the cities HOs for some of the items to drop, or, at least, that seems to be what is being reported and it is the pattern of the game. Also you might have to go through modes to get to the one you need. Depending on what level you are on the city HO games - you can tell if Picky is not open to you yet. Maybe a little scouting is in order of all your cities are not on master level yet. Look through the list of collectibles, see which modes are needed and if you aren't there yet don't try for that collection. But nothing much is going on right now so working through the levels so you can get that piece would definitely be something to focus on.

I will tell you this update generated more pages of threads than any before- we were pretty darned vocal during the Valentine quests. So take heart....

Thank you for everything! Here I go.....

[Post New]by Nappis on Jul 25, 14 5:05 AM
Hi everyone! I get the quests, the riddles, but the woman never appears to make it official. So, I don´t get the paintings. What should I do? Install the game again, or what! Thank you !

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 25, 14 5:44 AM
Other than the time it takes, it never hurts to uninstall and reinstall the game (However, it never seems to change anything for me). Just to check the path you are following - it does matter unfortunately - you gather the collection, assemble to piece, see and CLICK on the clue. Then go to the main screen and you do not see that a quest has been triggered? Is that the part that is missing?

If you do a see a new quest, click on that and the go play button.

[Post New]by Nappis on Jul 25, 14 7:46 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Other than the time it takes, it never hurts to uninstall and reinstall the game (However, it never seems to change anything for me). Just to check the path you are following - it does matter unfortunately - you gather the collection, assemble to piece, see and CLICK on the clue. Then go to the main screen and you do not see that a quest has been triggered? Is that the part that is missing?

If you do a see a new quest, click on that and the go play button.

Yes,that's right:I don't see that a quest has been triggered... But now I am going to un- & reinstall the game, and the we'll see Thank you again !

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 31, 14 6:21 AM
For people having issues with items not dropping, or still missing quests for paintings, for what it is worth, here is how it went for me (for the purpose of this quest, I can be considered a new player, though I'm actually not).

I began playing this part of the game just about three weeks ago. The first thing I did, without even knowing about the painting stuff, was to purchase the cat and the necklace in order to complete an achievement. Important point being, I did this before I received a quest to do so.

I then completed all the mini-games and the CREST collection. Even though I completed the collection, I did not get a quest for for four of the paintings, specifically: #3/Music box, #5/Pocket Watch, #6/Toy Car & #7/Phone.

It was just today, having played almost 75 new quests, that I received the quest to purchase the necklace for the cat. In order to get credit for it, I had to change back to another necklace, then change back to the quest necklace. Once I did that, I went back and once again completed the collections that previously did not trigger painting quests and voila, I received painting quests for all of them.

As for items not dropping, it is rather odd. I wish I had paid better attention, but I did have to play certain mini-games up to three times before the item would drop. I really don't know what my level of achievement was on all of games at that moment, but I know for certain I have mastered the Level 5 Butterfly and I had to play it twice to the Music Box piece. I had to play, I think it was level 10 Park Ranger three times to get the Toy Car. To me there was really no rhyme nor reason as to why I had to replay some of the games.

Hope this helps someone.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 31, 14 6:27 AM
Nappis wrote:Hi everyone! I get the quests, the riddles, but the woman never appears to make it official. So, I don´t get the paintings. What should I do? Install the game again, or what! Thank you !

For what it may be worth, when I first completed the CREST collection, it was actually quite awhile before the woman showed up with the quests in my game. I was extremely confused. To the best of my recollection, I just kept completing quests as they appeared, eventually getting several regarding the membership of the society and upgrading my storage building, feeding the cat and buying a necklace for it, that being the final trigger that prompted the last four painting quests.

Other than the cat necklace, I can't say for certain what things specifically triggered the painting quests, but if you have already completed that quest and are still not receiving painting quests, then I do think there may be an issue with your game.

[Post New]by Pharlap5987 on Aug 25, 14 10:42 AM
I know this is late but i want to know when i am playing some mini games in the towns why i get a painting appear in my top left hand side of my mini game, i have tried using it but get various things said back to me. I have no quests just the paintings, am i missing something?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Aug 25, 14 3:18 PM
This is a glitch that they have said should be corrected at the next update.

[Post New]by Pharlap5987 on Aug 26, 14 10:36 AM
ty wulfruna thought i was going crazy lol

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 8, 15 7:27 AM
I am bring this up to the top. What seems to have occurred since the 1/5/15 update is that you 1) the quests are coming up without all the manual triggering to make them appear and 2) cannot leave the assembled puzzle on the collection WITHOUT clicking the clue. Turns out it was buggy when it first appeared. Are we surprised?

[Post New]by PixieScarlet on Mar 4, 15 11:26 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I got the Toy Car Painting in Fast Shopper Mode, still at Al Fresco Restaurant.

PLJW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by PLJW on Mar 12, 15 12:13 PM
Hello,
I'm a newbie, and this is my first post. There's mention of clicking on the note to trigger quests. I didn't do know to do that. So far, in the AES collectibles, I've completed one time each: Amber Glass, Block Puzzle, Compass, USA Map, and Vintage Phone. There are two paintings in the AES Museum. Is it necessary to click on the note to trigger new painting quests? Is there a way to "go back" to the notes?

Also, my current pet is a dog. So would I have to change pets to the cat (120 gold bars), and then still buy the necklace? Is there another way to accomplish this quest?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Mar 13, 15 6:02 PM
PLJW wrote:Hello,
I'm a newbie, and this is my first post. There's mention of clicking on the note to trigger quests. I didn't do know to do that. So far, in the AES collectibles, I've completed one time each: Amber Glass, Block Puzzle, Compass, USA Map, and Vintage Phone. There are two paintings in the AES Museum. Is it necessary to click on the note to trigger new painting quests? Is there a way to "go back" to the notes?

Also, my current pet is a dog. So would I have to change pets to the cat (120 gold bars), and then still buy the necklace? Is there another way to accomplish this quest?

Well first welcome to the forum. I myself had trouble with those quests so be aware. If you have the gold, buy the cat it really helps somewhat. if you dont have the gold, you can play the "star" machine in the arcade which for now pays out good with gold, of course by this time you should have enough stars as that is really all they are good for. Gold is as gold does, be prudent with the expense of it but after all, its what is here for.
Now those specific quests as you know take you to different cities to find the paintings. There is a forum for those quests (a lot of them) if you use the search all forums to the right of this screen. If you click on the empty pictures in the museum walls it will tell you what paintings are missing if I recall, then you have to figure out where they are. the forum search will help. if all else fails, keep coming back to the forum and someone else will help.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 13, 15 8:49 PM
PLJW wrote:Hello,
Is it necessary to click on the note to trigger new painting quests? Is there a way to "go back" to the notes?

Oh drat, I thought perhaps the mandatory clicking of the note at the end of assembling the item had been fixed. If you did not get the quest then, yes, you will have to recollect, reassemble, and Click the note - that is what triggers the quest.

If you are getting the AES items without the cat, nope you don't have to buy it but it really does make the items drop sooner. I would put off buying the necklace if you don't have the gold. It the items drop with just the cat then you are good.

Sure seems like a lot of people can not get the AES collections though... there is something they are missing and the cat seems to be the only thing. We never completely figured it out. Level you are playing the mini-game might have something to do with it too, just not sure.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Apr 14, 15 1:17 AM
PLJW wrote:Also, my current pet is a dog. So would I have to change pets to the cat (120 gold bars), and then still buy the necklace? Is there another way to accomplish this quest?
With the spring event in progress gold is easy to get, the cost of the cat and necklace should be no problem. I bought mine last year with gold from finishing the Achievements. =v=

Go to: