Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks here

[Post New]by rainbowdragon70 on Jun 29, 14 11:33 AM
Stuck at the theatre with pliers, poster piece, and decorative control. Hints don't help, can't go elsewhere on the map.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, with new profile, never used the map, and STILL have the same problem. No speech in the cut-scenes.

At this point I'm washing my hands of this game.

I'm just glad I used a credit for it, so I'm not out any money.

Jetlaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Jetlaw on Jun 29, 14 12:32 PM
Tea set? I got past the cave, got the tea cup, went back to the bedroom and can't figure out what to do. Anyone?
Sadly I opened the map and accidently clicked on a completed area. Now I can't get back to the tea set scene. I may have to reinstall but would still like to know what to do with the tea cup/set.
Thanks

abcwxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by abcwxy on Jun 29, 14 6:01 PM
I had same problem being stuck in the cave - had a look at all what has been said about other problems with the game - could not find any updates either - decided to uninstall and re-install - WADDYA KNOW - Failed to load Profile! so I've had to start the game from beginning! and could end up stuck in the cave again!

Some hours later - I have managed to complete the game - seems to me that the 'Failed to load Profile', was because it was the 'fixed' version I had downloaded, so uninstall/re-install solved the problem.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 9:05:53 PM PST

Jetlaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Jetlaw on Jun 29, 14 8:01 PM
I reinstalled and now have the same problem as a lot of people. I can't open the crate in the cave. Going to give up on the game. I've wasted too much time on it.

[Post New]by vosjecz on Jul 1, 14 11:48 AM
rainbowdragon70 wrote:Stuck at the theatre with pliers, poster piece, and decorative control. Hints don't help, can't go elsewhere on the map.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, with new profile, never used the map, and STILL have the same problem. No speech in the cut-scenes.

I'm just glad I used a credit for it, so I'm not out any money.

I could not write it better. I sign under every word you wrote.

algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by algal0181 on Jul 1, 14 2:15 PM
SAME ISSUE....I AM ALSO GLAD I DIDN'T USE MONEY TO PURCHASE THIS GAME...THERE SEEMS TO BE QUITE A FEW PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME!
rainbowdragon70 wrote tuck at the theatre with pliers, poster piece, and decorative control. Hints don't help, can't go elsewhere on the map.

I'm just glad I used a credit for it, so I'm not out any money

Zilla1963
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Zilla1963 on Jul 1, 14 6:00 PM
Like so many other people, I am stuck at the theatre with nowhere to go. I uninstalled and reinstalled, run the program as an administrator, and have now been through the game with 2 profiles, getting stuck in the same place. The quality of these non-collector's editions has really deteriorated. So many of them end up useless.

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Jul 2, 14 12:07 PM
Just the same as the others.

First crash: Frozen in cave scene. I exited and come back and have tried the map to change scenes. It will not let me back out of frozen cave.... nor use the hint.

Exited and de- and re-installed. Nothing changed. Created a new profile. Nothing different. Ran the game as admin - no change either... will try to get refund

That`s a pity, as I really liked the game...

New Windows 8 Laptop. All drivers checked and up-to-date.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 3, 14 8:04 AM
Stuck in the theater section. Hint won't work. Seventh game in 8 months that doesn't work properly. I'll try running as admin., but I'm not optimistic.

Edit to say: Running as admin. didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now my profile is gone. I have no desire to start again with a new profile. It is a decent game, but not so much that I want to start over again from scratch. I've asked for a replacement coupon. Seventh game in eight months...

Edited on 07/03/2014 at 8:40:26 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Jul 4, 14 9:50 AM
Since we're all stuck at the theatre or cave, can we assume there will be yet another fix for this game? No? *sigh*

(can they just hire all of us to beta test these games before putting them out with oh so obvious bugs...)

PurpleKid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Stuck in ice cave-snowmobile area

[Post New]by PurpleKid on Jul 6, 14 10:18 AM
Hi,
Yet another gamer stuck in this area. Since is the 4th time I've uninstalled and reinstalled and started over each time-I'm done.

I'm extremely disappointed in this game and sorry I bought it, even on sale - really not worth it.

No, I won't be submitting a Dr Felix report because as I said, I'm done. BFG has really gone down hill with their games, so many glitches throughout and I thought the games were tested before being released... wow

Good bye, hasn't been fun.

whoople
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by whoople on Jul 7, 14 11:48 AM
It is not operating systems or configurations, it is a game that anticipated some player choices, but left gaping holes where if you don't make the "right" choice, you have to start from scratch. How can I say this with such confidence. I have now started from scratch 4 times, finding something new each time that locks the game in a state where you can't progress. You can move and do things, but you can't do what you need to do. If you do the same thing again, the result is the same (first time I didn't know what I did "wrong"). If you avoid doing the "out of order" step, everything is fine and you can move through the game.

Lessons learned, try and make sure you don't do anything "unexpected". Do things in the order that the game essentially enforces and don't do anything in advance if you don't have everything you need to do it. Don't skip the pilot video, the game crashed and I was left without the totem piece and no way to get it when I launched it again. Don't go into the trunk of the car until you've got the hammer (the game lets you go back to get it, but then you're stuck in the theatre area and can't get back to the house). Ignore the warp on the TV after you've come back from the theatre area. Don't melt the ice before you grab the totem piece. I'm sure there's more, but that's as far as I've been able to get in 4 times playing. Sounds like the cave will be problematic too as there was no indication by the people who got "locked:" there what they needed to do differently.

I am stubborn and will finish the game even if it kills me, but this is really frustrating.

Yes, Big Fish, you need to provide a patch or pull the game. When by far the most comments on a forum are in the tech issues stream, it's a sign there is a problem with the game, not the gamers or their hardware.

FYI - there is a run through on youtube. It defeats the purpose for me to watch it before I try, but it is tempting. I presume whoever posted it finished the game successfully and that is the only reason I keep trying as it provides some hope it is possible. It is how I figured out what I'd done "in the wrong order" the first and second times.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 7, 14 12:31 PM
@ whoople: Now that I've tried to play this game several times I do believe you are correct that things must be done in a certain order. I noticed this as well now that you said this. Having said this...

I must say though if this indeed so which it seems to be well this isn't a very good way at all to make a game. Just because something isn't done in order shouldn't have to start all over from scratch. Now I'm not saying there are not games out there like this but this is the first I've came across this. No I will no longer be starting over just to find if I don't do something in the correct order I have to start over. I shouldn't have to "be careful" like I'm walking on eggshells and I dare not make a mistake in order I do something and have to start over. That's way too much stress for me! I play games on here for fun and escape from real life problems like many. I sure don't want a game that is suppose to be fun causing me problems and stress. OH HECK NO!! Sorry that is absurd!

Edited on 07/07/2014 at 12:35:42 PM PST

[Post New]by joymama1957 on Jul 8, 14 1:36 PM
I bought this game and iam stuck at the theater also and hint button will not work restarted play with new profile same thing happen. I paid for this game and now cannot finish it

[Post New]by mythicalclone1 on Jul 8, 14 6:28 PM
I'm moving between car scene, theater and cash register. I can't find anyway to move forward nor go backward. I have a piece of a poster, pliers and something else I'm blanking on just now in my tool bar The hint button doesn't work, the back button doesn't work and I can't use any of the tools I have to do anything. I see a purse over a wire in the theater/trolley scene but do not have anything to get it down and can't find anything to knock it down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. No help.

I'm running on Windows 7 on an ASUS laptop. I used a game credit to get this game. I'm glad I didn't pay for it but am upset over loss of game credit.

Edited on 07/08/2014 at 6:28:36 PM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 10, 14 4:32 PM
I have a major issue with this tech site that BFG have so many complaints and have DONE NOTHING - How BAD ARE BFG taking our money _ no response _ no patches- no compatable updates -SAD SAD OF NO RESPONSE -
This is a tech issue post and BFG are just not there for our problems
they need to see their own tech issues - more problems now than ever - get DEVS to beta before their games - not us - so many have problems and glitches
BFG you where a good gaming site - think you have over developed - android/Ipad
make part of your company dedicated to us with games without problems - CE games just recently have been all tech issues and No play - come on - Game costs are high so make sure they play before we pay!

[Post New]by PapaJon on Jul 11, 14 12:53 AM
For the people who are stuck between the theater and the car , you need to have the ladder that you use from the bathroom.
Besides the new name for BFG is now BAD FOR GAMES.
Sorry but I am angry today as I was yesterday with this game.

pmcx2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by pmcx2 on Jul 14, 14 6:49 PM
hi bigfish customs this game i have finshed it simple as you pick up the stapladder pieces take the step ladder to the TV room use ladder to get disk FROM THE FAN on the ceiling then dont forget to take the step ladder again after you get the disc from the ceiling you just click on step ladder it goes in your items then go through the TV portal to the thearter and the hint button works and then you contuine the game till the end brillent game

PS dont forget to take stepladder if you forget the ladder and enter the TV portal no return and you cant end the game so please take the step ladder ok you will finshed the game long way to go after this brillent game about 3-4 hours of it
it goes for a long time this game enjoy it i did SO PLEASE TAKE THE STEPLADDER

IPMP
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by IPMP on Jul 14, 14 7:07 PM

One more - stuck on the snowmobile scene! After replayed the game since the begining and managed to get the stepladder... I returned back and AGAIN the theater.
BFG must help!

Sinclair wrote:Same as me. I played the game 3 times and it's always the same thing: the first time, stuck in the cave. Can't go nesr the SkiDoo
second time: I return backward and stuck at the theater
third time, no gazoline in the tank, can't unpict the teddy bear. No hint, nada.

pcpat923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Glitches in an Outstanding Game

[Post New]by pcpat923 on Jul 21, 14 4:57 PM
Woe is me! I really like this game enough to have started over twice today!

Read through forums, followed instructions and ultimately re-installed game due to ladder not being in inventory as it was supposed to automatically be added back after using to get the DVD from the ceiling fan.

Reinstalled, started over and was able to get the ladder, however, another issue arose when I suddenly got sucked back through the time tunnel before the Theater scene was finished and found myself at the bathroom shower.
Hey! Is somebody trying to tell me something?

According to BFG, game was repaired so I purchased yesterday. As of 7/21/2014, there ARE issues and it's definitely not user error or Administrator issues. Contacted Customer Service requesting a game credit as I used a game credit.

Had four more totems to go and don't want to start over again and some other problem come about as other gamers described who were near completion.

Except for the glitches, just wanted to add that the game is outstanding and quite possibly it's because we like the game so much that some are complaining loudly.

I like to finish a game once I've started it and had many other games to choose, yet, this one really got my attention. Hope the Developers can figure it out. It's one of the best I've played in a long while. Care little about voice overs and more for the challenge gaming experience which this game definitely is outstanding. Thanks!

Go to: