guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 11, 14 9:44 AM
gernespieler wrote:if you search for 45937 you get the info

H, level 21

None of the H or h players is on level 18


I think he took her game from level 18 to level 21 gernespieler.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 11, 14 10:21 AM
guppies56 wrote:
gernespieler wrote:if you search for 45937 you get the info

H, level 21

None of the H or h players is on level 18


I think he took her game from level 18 to level 21 gernespieler.


He took the game in question from level 18 to level 21. There isn't enough evidence to figure out whether H has been mistakenly linked to Lady Housen's game or vice versa.


Housen, you mention you've been playing since it was first released. Do you mean the beta release or the official release on Jan 22? I looked through the PC Friend Codes thread, and on Jan 5, somebody reported that their computer had crashed and that they had gotten a new code, which was 36793.

So, If you were playing before Jan 5, your social code should be much lower than 45937, and you've been linked to somebody else's game.

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 12, 14 9:11 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
guppies56 wrote:
gernespieler wrote:if you search for 45937 you get the info

H, level 21

None of the H or h players is on level 18


I think he took her game from level 18 to level 21 gernespieler.


He took the game in question from level 18 to level 21. There isn't enough evidence to figure out whether H has been mistakenly linked to Lady Housen's game or vice versa.


Housen, you mention you've been playing since it was first released. Do you mean the beta release or the official release on Jan 22? I looked through the PC Friend Codes thread, and on Jan 5, somebody reported that their computer had crashed and that they had gotten a new code, which was 36793.

So, If you were playing before Jan 5, your social code should be much lower than 45937, and you've been linked to somebody else's game.


I'm pretty sure I was playing before Jan. 5. I think you are right and that it has become linked to "H"'s game, and that the game I was paying is gone. I'm not getting assistance from support any more. I think I may just delete the game from my computer and move on to something else. A shame I really liked this game.

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 14, 14 9:02 AM
A quick note, there was an update on Saturday, I think it was. Unfortunately it did not help the situation.

 
FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 14, 14 9:12 AM
Housen wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:
guppies56 wrote:
gernespieler wrote:if you search for 45937 you get the info

H, level 21

None of the H or h players is on level 18


I think he took her game from level 18 to level 21 gernespieler.


He took the game in question from level 18 to level 21. There isn't enough evidence to figure out whether H has been mistakenly linked to Lady Housen's game or vice versa.


Housen, you mention you've been playing since it was first released. Do you mean the beta release or the official release on Jan 22? I looked through the PC Friend Codes thread, and on Jan 5, somebody reported that their computer had crashed and that they had gotten a new code, which was 36793.

So, If you were playing before Jan 5, your social code should be much lower than 45937, and you've been linked to somebody else's game.


I'm pretty sure I was playing before Jan. 5. I think you are right and that it has become linked to "H"'s game, and that the game I was paying is gone. I'm not getting assistance from support any more. I think I may just delete the game from my computer and move on to something else. A shame I really liked this game.


I'm just very impressed that you've gotten more help from those in this forum than the technical team. I know they're overwhelmed with inquiries but the knowledge from those in this thread is more than remarkable. Kudos to all of you for helping figure out the problem. It took a lot of your own time to do it.

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 14, 14 3:05 PM
FishyFemale is right the people that have been taking the time to help me are awesome!

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 14, 14 4:12 PM
Housen,
Since you're giving up on your glitched game, do you want to start a different one? There's plenty of info in the forum on how to get a game started with a new user on your computer, if you want to go that way. Let us know if that's what you want and we can get you the info. You don't need to completely give up on MC, unless you're so fed up with the glitch that you don't want to deal with it anymore . (We can sympathize if that's how you feel.)
Rose

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 15, 14 10:37 AM
rosiebvt wrote:Housen,
Since you're giving up on your glitched game, do you want to start a different one? There's plenty of info in the forum on how to get a game started with a new user on your computer, if you want to go that way. Let us know if that's what you want and we can get you the info. You don't need to completely give up on MC, unless you're so fed up with the glitch that you don't want to deal with it anymore . (We can sympathize if that's how you feel.)
Rose


I haven't given up on it completely. I think I'm going to give support to the end of the month to try and figure this out. It's just depressing that I haven't heard from them in days. I info you spoke of about starting over would be much appreciated just in case. I really like this game and had a lot fun playing it. I would really hate to have just let it go completely. Thanks!

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 15, 14 10:50 AM
Housen wrote:
rosiebvt wrote:Housen,
Since you're giving up on your glitched game, do you want to start a different one? There's plenty of info in the forum on how to get a game started with a new user on your computer, if you want to go that way. Let us know if that's what you want and we can get you the info. You don't need to completely give up on MC, unless you're so fed up with the glitch that you don't want to deal with it anymore . (We can sympathize if that's how you feel.)
Rose


I haven't given up on it completely. I think I'm going to give support to the end of the month to try and figure this out. It's just depressing that I haven't heard from them in days. I info you spoke of about starting over would be much appreciated just in case. I really like this game and had a lot fun playing it. I would really hate to have just let it go completely. Thanks!


I don't think CS or the techies will be able to find "your" game without your social code. There's no games out there with your user name. The odds are that when you got linked up with H's game, your game either vanished from the server or somebody else got linked with your game and has changed the name from Lady Housen to something else.

 

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 15, 14 12:03 PM
Housen, here are the directions for creating a new user that was originally posted by Tazruby2000 on May 23

1. How to Create a New User Account in Windows XP
Log on as the Administrator. The administrator is a user account which can control all processes and users on the computer. One can't create another user account without logging in as the Admin first.
2. Go to the Start Menu and open Control Panel (you can find it on the left-hand panel). This is where all administrative tools are located.
3. Click on User Accounts. This is where you can edit the settings for everyone's accounts on the computer.
4. Click Create a New Account.
5. Type your desired username into the given area. The username will allow your account to stand out from the rest. When you are done, click Next.
6. Select whether you want your account to be an administrator or a limited account. An administrator account will provide full control over all the resources, whereas the limited account will not be able to perform many authorized tasks. Click the appropriate bubble, then click Create Account.

How to Create a New User Account in Windows Vista and 7
1. Go to Control Panel using the Start button.
2. Under the User Accounts and Family Safety tab, select the Add or Remove User Accounts link.
3. In the new window you can see all the existing accounts on the computer.
4. Below the Choose the account you would like to change tab, click on the Create New Account link.
5. In the field under Name the account and choose an account type, enter the name that you would like to be displayed for the new user.
6. Select user status for new user as either Standard User or Administrator. If you assign an admin role to this user account, you will be asked to enter your current admin password first.
7. Click Create Account and the new user will be displayed in the window viewed before in Step 4. You have successfully created a new user account on Windows Vista or 7. You can now migrate your data using a shared disk in My Computer.


 

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 15, 14 12:08 PM
directions for new user by tazruby2000 continued...

How to Create a New User for Windows 8
1. Move your cursor all the way over to the right side of your screen, and select the "Settings" option in the sidebar that appears.
2. Click "Control Panel" in the Settings window.
3. Select "User Accounts" from the list of options in the Control Panel area.
4. Click "Manage another account."
5. Select the "Add a user" option next to the plus sign under "Other users." Fill out the forms and click "Next" through each screen until the user account is added.
How to Access the Application Data Folder in Windows XP
1. Click on the "Start" button, then open my computer (Local C: drive)
2. Click on tools, then folder options, then click on view
3. Look for the option show hidden files and folders, check the option
4. Click on apply and ok, (all the folder will be shown.)
5. Click on Documents and Settings Folder, then Owner Folder
6. Look for Application Data Folder and Click on it.

How to Access the Application Data Folder in Vista
1. Click on the "Start" button, then open "Control Panel."
2. Click on "Folder Options," then navigate to the "View" tab.
3. Click "Show hidden files and folders," then click "Hide protected operating system files." Click "OK."
4. Click on the "Start" button, and open "Computer." Then click on "Local Disk (C: Drive then "Users," and then the folder with your user name. The Application Data folder will be there.

How to Access Application Data in Windows 7
1. Click the "Start" button. Type "Windows Explorer" and press "Enter."
2. Press "ALT" and "T," to open the "Tools" menu. Now, click "Options."
3. Click "View," then select the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" option.
4 .Click "OK," then click "Start." Click on your username.
5. Open the "AppData" folder from the Windows Explorer window that appears.

How to Access Application Data in Windows 8
1. Click on the "File Explorer" button.
2. Click on Windows8_OS in the list on the left.
3. In the search box in the upper right type
4. When the file appears right click on it and select "Open file location"

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 15, 14 3:10 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
Housen wrote:
rosiebvt wrote:Housen,
Since you're giving up on your glitched game, do you want to start a different one? There's plenty of info in the forum on how to get a game started with a new user on your computer, if you want to go that way. Let us know if that's what you want and we can get you the info. You don't need to completely give up on MC, unless you're so fed up with the glitch that you don't want to deal with it anymore . (We can sympathize if that's how you feel.)
Rose


I haven't given up on it completely. I think I'm going to give support to the end of the month to try and figure this out. It's just depressing that I haven't heard from them in days. I info you spoke of about starting over would be much appreciated just in case. I really like this game and had a lot fun playing it. I would really hate to have just let it go completely. Thanks!


I don't think CS or the techies will be able to find "your" game without your social code. There's no games out there with your user name. The odds are that when you got linked up with H's game, your game either vanished from the server or somebody else got linked with your game and has changed the name from Lady Housen to something else.


So what you're saying is that I'm basically screwed. Wonderful. Guess I'll try Whitebutterfly54's helpful directions for creating a new account.

To BIG FISH: This should never have happened. Your servers should be more secure. I have never had a problem of this nature before. I have really lost a lot of respect for this company. It will certainly affect my choice to play ANY of your future releases. What would be the point of playing something for months, then you update the game, causing my game to become linked to another persons? Answer: there is no point. Just a lot of wasted time.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 15, 14 3:39 PM
It's not a question of servers being secure. Nobody hacked the BF server. It's sounds more like something went wrong when the data base was rekeyed. Your social code is the key (or pointer) that tells the program which data is your data.

When you restart the game, please write down your social code. Somewhere on the forum is instructions for saving your game files to an external device. That's probably something we all should be doing in case the our games ever get messed up or in case our own computers fail.

I do wish this game had a sign in feature and saving to the cloud like the BoomZap games so that it was easy to move it from one machine to another.

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 16, 14 8:41 AM
TiramaSue wrote:It's not a question of servers being secure. Nobody hacked the BF server. It's sounds more like something went wrong when the data base was rekeyed. Your social code is the key (or pointer) that tells the program which data is your data.

When you restart the game, please write down your social code. Somewhere on the forum is instructions for saving your game files to an external device. That's probably something we all should be doing in case the our games ever get messed up or in case our own computers fail.

I do wish this game had a sign in feature and saving to the cloud like the BoomZap games so that it was easy to move it from one machine to another.


Do you work for Big Fish? You seem to be going out of your way to defend them, which is of course your right. I'm just curious how you can be so absolutely certain what is going on? Not try to start a fight, just curious.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 16, 14 8:52 AM
Housen wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:It's not a question of servers being secure. Nobody hacked the BF server. It's sounds more like something went wrong when the data base was rekeyed. Your social code is the key (or pointer) that tells the program which data is your data.

When you restart the game, please write down your social code. Somewhere on the forum is instructions for saving your game files to an external device. That's probably something we all should be doing in case the our games ever get messed up or in case our own computers fail.

I do wish this game had a sign in feature and saving to the cloud like the BoomZap games so that it was easy to move it from one machine to another.


Do you work for Big Fish? You seem to be going out of your way to defend them, which is of course your right. I'm just curious how you can be so absolutely certain what is going on? Not try to start a fight, just curious.



No, I don't work for BF. Long ago, I graduated college with a programming degree and I'm married to a former computer programmer.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 16, 14 10:01 AM
Housen,
TiramaSue is simply trying to bring some balance to the comments. We've had times in the past where players have been so vehement about BF being out to cheat them that they've threatened lawsuits. We don't have any of those around lately, but the assumption seems to be that BF and/or Elephant will do anything to make a buck, whether moral or not. I'm not remotely implying you're one of these people, just that this is what we've seen in the past. There are some of us who have technical backgrounds in computing and know or can deduce enough to give an educated opinion. I think it probably irks us when we see blame being put where it doesn't necessarily belong, that's why there are some "very certain" comments. We're just trying to pass info along, not shout down other opinions.
Rose

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 10:04:08 AM PST


 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 17, 14 9:42 AM
rosiebvt wrote:Housen,
TiramaSue is simply trying to bring some balance to the comments. We've had times in the past where players have been so vehement about BF being out to cheat them that they've threatened lawsuits. We don't have any of those around lately, but the assumption seems to be that BF and/or Elephant will do anything to make a buck, whether moral or not. I'm not remotely implying you're one of these people, just that this is what we've seen in the past. There are some of us who have technical backgrounds in computing and know or can deduce enough to give an educated opinion. I think it probably irks us when we see blame being put where it doesn't necessarily belong, that's why there are some "very certain" comments. We're just trying to pass info along, not shout down other opinions.
Rose


It's all good.Like I said I was just curious. I'm not going to file a lawsuit over a silly free game. All I'm suggesting is that maybe the developers should take more time to maintain the game instead of constantly releasing updates that aren't ready to be released. Whatever happened to my game happened after an update, and I know that a lot of other players had other technical problems as well. I'm not really angry, just sad for all the lost time that could have been spent on a different game.
Besides I didn't realize that "balance" needed to be brought to the comments. I'm the only one who addressed that company directly, and the only reason I did so was as I said in an earlier post support has not contacted me in many days. If my game is just gone. Fine. That's life. Computer stuff just messes up and it seems to me that on one is ever to blame. That's okay to . I just wanted a resolution one way or another, because if this is happening to me, one day it could be happening to you, TiramaSue, or any other player. Guess I'm the one in the wrong for being upset. I apologize to anyone that was offended by any of my posts.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 17, 14 12:33 PM
I for one am not offended by your posts, you are curious and asking questions and that's what the forum is for. Where I screwed up is lumping your "work for BF" post in this thread in with the other threads where people are just being nasty about glitches and updates. I took the time to reread this thread and apologise for the error on my part. It was a knee-jerk reaction in the wrong place against the wrong person.

Unfortunately, there are times when computer problems can't be found or fixed, that's the nature of the beast. Sometimes it's impossible to tell that you can't fix something until you've tried a bunch of stuff and it still doesn't work. That may be why the techies haven't gotten back to you. Or, it may just be that they focus on problems that affect a larger number of people, and your problem is the first one of its kind that I've seen in the general forum. That's not fair to you since you've had the problem for a while, but "squeekiest wheel" and all that. If you want to continue playing the game, I think the resolution for you will be to give up on the first one and start another on a different user, with the info others have provided. If they ever do get around to fixing your problem, you'll have the extra game to go back to. They've fixed games as much as 2 months after a problem, so there is a chance however slim they might be able to do it with yours in time. If you do start another game, I highly recommend saving your Elephant Games\Midnight Castle data folder to a USB drive or somewhere else. it can be some help in case of lost games.
Rose

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 1:05:29 PM PST


 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 17, 14 5:33 PM
Housen - what rosiebvt said.


I do sympathize with you regarding the loss of your game. I lost my Awakening Kingdoms game when my hard drive failed. It was not fun having to start over and feeling out of the loop because my friends were all so far ahead of me and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. That was five months ago and I still haven't caught up.

But I didn't think it would be right to let people think your game had been hacked or that security was lax. Many people reading the forum and playing this game have Big Fish Game Club accounts with their financial info on file. They shouldn't have to worry that their info had been compromised. As annoying as it is to lose a game, it pales in comparison to learning that an unauthorized person is charging things to your credit card due to a company's computer being hacked. I know, I got that tee shirt as well this year.

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 18, 14 9:11 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Housen - what rosiebvt said.


I do sympathize with you regarding the loss of your game. I lost my Awakening Kingdoms game when my hard drive failed. It was not fun having to start over and feeling out of the loop because my friends were all so far ahead of me and I didn't have a clue what they were talking about. That was five months ago and I still haven't caught up.

But I didn't think it would be right to let people think your game had been hacked or that security was lax. Many people reading the forum and playing this game have Big Fish Game Club accounts with their financial info on file. They shouldn't have to worry that their info had been compromised. As annoying as it is to lose a game, it pales in comparison to learning that an unauthorized person is charging things to your credit card due to a company's computer being hacked. I know, I got that tee shirt as well this year.


I'm so sorry that your game is gone too. I appreciate the info. I did not know about your programming degree. All I was hearing when you posted was doom and gloom and that the bottom line was that the company couldn't be held responsible. It's that last part that really irked me, because I have had so many problems with other game companies,(**** ***** for one), and it was never ever their fault or problem. When I had seen the last two of your posts it just sounded corporate to me. I apologize for for taking it that way, without knowing your background.

I am also terribly sorry that you were a victim of credit card fraud as well. That totally sucks! However, I will say that i think everyone should be concerned about that, because NO company's systems are 100% secure. To those who use credit cards, please be careful. I suppose it's silly but things like that are the reasons that I will not have credit or debit cards.

Lastly, I did not realize that game could become "linked", I appreciate what you were saying about it. And you probably are right. There most likely is nothing that BF can do about it. I guess I just wanted to hear that from them, you know. I mean it is their product. I my crochet business, if one of my clients comes to me after I have delivered a product to them and tells me, hey this is coming apart. It's my job to tell them how to fix it, to fix it for them, or to say I'm sorry this can't be saved, we'll have to start over. That's what I have to do because it's my product.

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 1:59:34 PM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: