lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by lkbambi on Jun 28, 14 5:02 PM
I'm having the same problem with the bus driver. It wouldn't let me out of the scene when I took the badge. Now it won't let me give him the bandage. The voices are way out of sync too. Can't seem to jump on the map either. A lot of problems for the first 15 minutes of the game. I too was looking forward to this one. Hope they fix it. Still waiting for fixes on the last ones that needed them.

[Post New]by KozmicBlues on Jun 28, 14 5:13 PM
dtbennett wrote:I'm stuck in the shelter. I've entered the correct code but it won't let me out. Also, having issues with the voice overs. I'm on a mac OSX 10.8.5

I'm trapped in the shleter too... the code lock doesn't work.. and same problem with cutscenes and sound... too bad

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Jun 28, 14 6:41 PM
swedane wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:The voices only worked at the very beginning of the game. I'd say first maybe 20 conversations at the most. In the bonus game they are really messed up with the text box not even appearing and other sounds continuing to play after they should stop (fire hydrant sound after hose turned off).

You're right about the characters voices. 20 min into the game, all audio conversation stops functioning. After that, players will have to rely on written text only.

AND to top it off, my screen went completely black in the middle of the bonus chapter! I had to end it in my task manager screen. haven't tried loading it again, but still that should not be happening with a CE! the telescope is a nightmare to use. These tech issues really suck because the game is pretty awesome.....far too short for a CE however. GGGGRRRRR!

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Jun 28, 14 7:55 PM
Well I purchased the game after playing video and all went well except voiced ceased after about 20 mins... but i finished game and went to play bonus and it is locked up...bummer cant play bonus at all ..the seek items are the ones from beginning of game..i got the cloth and the spray can and cant find them to clean the plack....I am bummed

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Jun 28, 14 8:12 PM
I'm stuck after I gave the bus driver his pain pills. The hint is telling me he needs his pain pills. I cannot go any further.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 28, 14 8:12 PM
Definitely a patch/fix is needed for the audio & other bugs--esp a drag to get no voiceovers when so much care clearly went into the cutscenes & they're important to the story-telling.

Hope a fix is in soon... I'd like to replay with voices!

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Jun 28, 14 10:59 PM
Yep, no voices for me either. I hope they fix it quickly because the game is otherwise great. I'm a huge fan of well-done live action. It's a drag that the sound is so messed up.

I'll send a report but I doubt anything will be addressed until after the weekend. Wish I'd read this thread before buying the game.

[Post New]by EmmSeven20 on Jun 29, 14 12:56 AM
Just like most everyone else, I'm having issues with the voiceovers as well. I'm running Mac 10.7.5. Voiceovers started going wonky early on (but only in the pop-up scenes) but now it's bad in the regular cut scenes too.

I'm only about one third of the way into the game and I don't want to go further if it gets even more glitchy.

Very disappointing because it's such a great game so far.

Emm

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jun 29, 14 1:51 AM
After the first 20 or so conversations the voices disappeared. However, I could play the main game without further issues. But... in the bonus game I stumbled upon what seems to be a bug in the game. It's the hose with which you're supposed to fight the fire in your car. After fastening the thing to the watersupply the hose suddenly shows up in the interior of the motel office. Tried to go ourside with the thing and there it appears to be loose from the watersupply. You can move the hose around, but that's it. No water coming from it and you're stuck in the game. Restarting the game doesn't help.

mrsmeee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mrsmeee on Jun 29, 14 3:04 AM
After playing the main game for a while the voice overs stop and there are none at all in the bonus game!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 29, 14 3:12 AM
I'm having the same problems with sound. It has been almost a year...since put out a game...that didn't have bugs. Since the focus has been on the FTP games... has lost interest in putting out good games or fixing the releases...that have so many bugs & problems.

I don't play FTP games...can someone answer my question about FTP games? Do they get bugs and need fixes? And if so...does fix them immediately? Thanks!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Jun 29, 14 3:43 AM
I'm playing the bonus game no voices still but sometimes the character is mouthing at the screen with no text either. Now, I have just completed the room key puzzle and the screen has gone black - the mouse icons work (arrow, hand etc), but I can't leave the screen except by C.A.D.

I will report this to the techies, in case they don't read this thread, but we're reaching money back time. I rarely treat myself to a CE now I'm retired, and this makes it less likely that I will again.

JennieGee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by JennieGee on Jun 29, 14 5:08 AM
Yet another fishie with the lack of voice overs! No other issues though. Think I will try one of my other new games while we wait for a patch.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Jun 29, 14 5:48 AM
Downloaded the game without any problem but got this message at start. "No sound card detected. You will not be able to hear in game sounds." That's nonsense.

Too bad because it looked like a good game with a get one free offer.

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Jun 29, 14 6:50 AM
I don't have any issues with the speed of game play, but the voice-over is out of sync and only played about 20% of the main game. Bonus chapter still no voice and the close up boxes don't always close after they have been used.
I also didn't have any of these issues with demo.
My system spec:
Desktop PC Win 7 Home SP1 64bit, AMD FX8350 8 core cpu, 16GB ram, His 7950 IceQ 3GB graphics, realtek hd sound.
I have not tried to mess around with my system settings to run this game, we shouldn't have to. Lets hope there's a fix soon as I like this game.

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Jun 29, 14 7:21 AM
Black out screen in bonus chapter after getting the key for the motel....back to back games with issues...getting really sick of wasting money on crap games that really are not worth even $10! What happened to MCF quality games that took a long time to do?

suus52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by suus52 on Jun 29, 14 7:22 AM
I cannot finnish the bonus game because the screen is turned black
And I am not the only one.

[Post New]by tweakycrow53 on Jun 29, 14 7:53 AM
suus52 I have the same issue ..so what now we cannot finish the bonus round???

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 29, 14 8:01 AM
The only problem I had in the main game was the voice overs disappearing. However, the bonus game is giving me fits. Black screens. Video playing with actors mouthing words but - not only is there no sound, there's no text until it plays for the second or third time. I doubt that I will finish the bonus game and am very, very disappointed to have purchased yet another game I can't play through.

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Jun 29, 14 8:10 AM
Like many others, I have no voiceovers. It worked fine in demo mode, but after I purchased the full version and went back in I couldn't hear anyone speaking. I've been looking forward to this game since I played the beta - very disappointing!

p.s. And yes, I have uninstalled/reinstalled etc. etc. etc.

Go to: