player75
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden here

[Post New]by player75 on Jul 3, 14 8:30 AM
OK. I give up. uninstalled & reinstalled twice. Having same problems. GET ER Fixed!!!

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Jul 3, 14 8:41 AM
crypsynight wrote:I've just been booted out - twice - as well.....but a little further into the game.
Have had no troubles at all with it right up until I knock the brick wall down with the pick.
The wall comes down - then i'm back looking at my desktop.
I'm on windows 7.

That is the exact spot where I get booted out too. I am also on windows 7. I reinstalled the game three times and played with two different profiles, but as soon as I break that wall down with the pick, I'm out of the game again. I also went to the help pages and tried all the tips they suggest, but in the end, it's the same result. I did contact BFG and sent them an attached Dr. Felix report like they advise you to do, but after seeing your post, I am now convinced it is not my computer that is the problem. I still can't get any further in the game, but at least I don't have to worry that there is a problem with my computer. This is the first time that anything has happened with a game from BFG on this computer, so I'll consider myself lucky and just wait for the fix. Thank you so much for posting .

[Post New]by gardenerNanny on Jul 3, 14 9:37 AM
I love hidden object games and BIG FISH but this is the WORST game that I have ever bought !!!!!There are so many gliches ! I am thoroughly disappointed in this game.

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jul 3, 14 12:50 PM
wrenbird wrote:
crypsynight wrote:I've just been booted out - twice - as well.....but a little further into the game.
Have had no troubles at all with it right up until I knock the brick wall down with the pick.
I'm on windows 7.

That is the exact spot where I get booted out too. I am also on windows 7. I reinstalled the game three times and played with two different profiles, but as soon as I break that wall down with the pick, I'm out of the game again. I also went to the help pages and tried all the tips they suggest, but in the end, it's the same result. I did contact BFG and sent them an attached Dr. Felix report like they advise you to do, but after seeing your post, I am now convinced it is not my computer that is the problem. I still can't get any further in the game, but at least I don't have to worry that there is a problem with my computer. This is the first time that anything has happened with a game from BFG on this computer, so I'll consider myself lucky and just wait for the fix. Thank you so much for posting .

I have exactly the same problem. Every time I try to use the pickaxe on the wall, the game is closes itself and I am back to the desktop. I`ve sent a message to Tech Support today.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 3, 14 1:13 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you very much for your posts letting us know about your issues with the game. We have escalated these problems to the developer and we hope to have more information for you soon.

One of the Mods will definitely post here in the forums as soon as an update is made available.

Thank you for your help and patience while this is worked on.

bfgWendwater

debrob904
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by debrob904 on Jul 3, 14 1:33 PM
C'mon really BF - 2nd game in a row I had trouble with!!!!!!!

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jul 3, 14 8:52 PM
yowzasma wrote:Hi fellow Fishies, please scroll up and see post I tried to copy by bfgVaiva ...

"

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 2, 14 10:30 AM

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to check in with you all and let you know that we have escalated the crashing issue, along with the issue of being unable to click on anything, to the devs. We're going to do everything we can to get a fix for you all as soon as possible.

Thanks for being so patient!

bfgVaiya

The game runs painfully slow. Can you pass that along also. Thank you

[Post New]by plainjayne55 on Jul 4, 14 4:59 AM
I'm contacting BFG and asking for a full refund - or a game credit as that is what I used to purchase this game. I am getting frustrated with games out for purchase and not being thoroughly de-glitched (if that is even a term to use - LOL) prior to our purchasing and downloading. I would think that with the amount of customers (game players) and as large of a company BFG is, that these games shouldn't even hit the shelves until completely gone over. It isn't just the cost of these games, but the amount I am charged by my internet provider. I for one, do not have unlimited downloading and if I reach my limit of downloads, I am charged for it. I will not only ask for a game credit but also apeasing me for the space I have had to use via internet. I know several gamers have the same issue. I can uninstall and reinstall (or download fixes) - but it is affecting my allotment for the month of download space issued by my internet provider. With as many games that we purchase each month, for enjoyable gaming - BFG needs to check and double check that games they are providing for sale are safe and downloadable and in good working order.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jul 4, 14 8:40 AM
crispypot wrote:wont let me play as soon as the intro is done i press play and it boots me out
tried 3 times under new profile , still no joy running windows xp

I gave up. Same scenario, same complaint. I am one in the avalanche of responses to this glitch.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jul 4, 14 9:36 AM
I am using Windows 7 and there is a lag in the game and it sort of "hops"...the cursor and then it is fine and does it again. Too annoying. If there is an update I might reconsider but not as it is. Looks like a good game......

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jul 4, 14 9:38 AM
I don't know if it was due to my OS, Windows 8.1, or I just got lucky but I finished the game without any problems. I hope the devs are planning on releasing an update that resolves the issues so many players are having with their game.

Apart from this, this is a good SE game definitely worth the use of a PCC.

debrob904
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by debrob904 on Jul 4, 14 11:15 AM
I have Windows 8 and still have problems.

[Post New]by coco3292 on Jul 4, 14 11:54 AM
me too it wont let me play downloaded three times same problem get to the book in the window and cant get any further. Has anyone hear if they are going to fix this or is it our computers?

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Jul 4, 14 2:58 PM
coco3292 wrote:me too it wont let me play downloaded three times same problem get to the book in the window and cant get any further. Has anyone hear if they are going to fix this or is it our computers?

Hi coco,
Did you try to use the medallion (that green crystal shard to the right on your inventory bar) on the book? In this game the medallion plays a big role. It reveals items that are not visible to the naked eye. Right click of your mouse-and the medallion in use, right click again-and it inactive again.

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Jul 4, 14 5:01 PM
Looks like alot of people started having a problem with the game as soon as they bought it. I got a run time error, deleted, reinstalled and still nothing. Please give me my free coupon back.

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Jul 4, 14 7:33 PM
I am running XP on my desktop and get booted following the introduction. I have tried reinstalling - just like everyone else. Flash, Shockwave, directx and drivers are all up to date. I just installed on my laptop with Win 8 and it did let me get into the game. I have not played at all, but I did get past the initial dump point under XP.

[Post New]by mimicampdesert on Jul 5, 14 4:15 PM
When are they patching a resolution? Or are they even going to? I really want to purchase but will not until the bugs/glitches get fixed. I have Windows 7 and won't even bother coming not then.

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Jul 5, 14 4:42 PM
JirafaVanidosa wrote:
wrenbird wrote:
I'm on windows 7.

I have exactly the same problem. Every time I try to use the pickaxe on the wall, the game is closes itself and I am back to the desktop. I`ve sent a message to Tech Support today.

I too have this problem in the exact same spot until then the game was running fine with no problems at all im really fed up now i was really enjoying this game too

iamchani
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by iamchani on Jul 5, 14 4:56 PM
Windows 8 with crashing when I crash the bricked up wall. Wished I could just pass that darn wall. Oh well, so far none of my troubled games have been fixed so I have little hope for this one too. Thanks BF for another pooper.

[Post New]by mimicampdesert on Jul 5, 14 7:53 PM
That sucks because BF was the one site I could always depend on. Other sites have crashing games frequently. I don't like this one bit. Recently, many games released have needed a patch to fix the bugs/and or glitches. How could this happen with so many different developers? Just a coincidence? I don't think so. Something has changed at BF and we don't know what that "something" is, but it is affecting their customers. I hope they figure it out because I don't want to start buying from other sites.

Go to: