hiramsmom
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by hiramsmom on Jul 21, 14 7:35 AM
I'm having the same problem with the screen background and word lists being all white.
I didn't have the problem before level 24 or before I killed the werewolves and trapped the Mummies.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 21, 14 6:33 PM
hiramsmom wrote:I'm having the same problem with the screen background and word lists being all white.
I didn't have the problem before level 24 or before I killed the werewolves and trapped the Mummies.

I am sorry to hear that, hiramsmom, but I am glad I am not the only one, so I know there must be something wrong with the game itself.

I am only on level 16, and haven't yet encountered the mummies. I finished the werewolves, and after that it started to go wrong, so I uninstalled the game again.

I do hope the devs will look into this, because I am loving this game, and want to continue with it, but not the way it is for me at the moment.

shaz8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by shaz8 on Jul 22, 14 4:42 AM
I tried to play the game today and it says my screen resolution is wrong I haven't changed it and it layed fine yesterday

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 24, 14 3:57 AM
Any reason I can't redownload the game? I get a 772 error, telling me to run the GM as admin. Well, guess what?

I decided to redownload the game because then I will be able to see whether there ever will be an update for the white scenes I and someone else here is getting. In fact, it's been real quiet here. Is anybody working on the game to fix some issues?

hiramsmom
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by hiramsmom on Jul 24, 14 7:21 AM
Valdy: I'm not having the white screen problem anymore but I have not gotten rewarded for any of the 100% achievements I have made. And there have been many. I'm on level 26 now and only have 11 crystals. At this rate I will be without clothes for the entire game because you can't buy clothes with cash just crystals!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have not used any cash or crystals to buy my way out of the anomalies because I just work through them. It also seems like I have to click on things multiple times before the get picked this makes it hard when playing the windy scenes!!!!!!!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 24, 14 7:42 AM
Thanks for letting me know, hiramsmom. When the screens turned white, and then affected my GM as well, I deleted the game, but thought that it might be a good idea to reinstall it so that I would see on my GM when there is an update. But I wasn't able to reinstall the game. It did say to try again in 15 minutes - maybe there was just too much traffic?

I do wish the moderators would give us some kind of info on what, if anything, the devs are doing about the various problems people have. I am not going to continue with the game until I know that things have been dealt with - that is, if I ever get to reinstall the game in the first place.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 24, 14 3:54 PM
Hey Valdy,

Thanks for posting about that. I have looked into this, and it seems that Error Code 772 often comes up when the games doesn't have administrator settings to access all of its files.

Below, I have provided a link to a help article with some troubleshooting information:

Errors 769 and 772

If you are still encountering problems with this error code, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide specialized care for this issue.

I hope this helps.

bfgWendwater

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 24, 14 7:42 PM
Thanks Wendwater. I did check that out, and it did say that I should put my GM into Admin setting, which it is. I mean, I only have had it up for the last 6 years or so, and all my games work on it.
I don't know anything about a game not being in admin mode - don't know what that means. I am the only person using my laptop, and the game installed fine the first time round, it just didn't do it the second time.

But never mind, I have gone off the game now anyway.

--- --- ---

BTW, when I click on that Error link, it comes up in Spanish. LOL

Edited on 07/24/2014 at 7:43:57 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 25, 14 5:47 AM
Wendwater... just wanted to add that I am now able to download the game again. Is it possible that I wasn't able to download before because ERS was about to bring out a new version, and so the old one has been "taken off" from the download list?

Either way, as you can see it has nothing to do with "setting the game to admin access". The things you mods come up with... LOL

Now I just have to see whether the white pages are gone.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 25, 14 7:08 AM
Well, I am super happy to be able to report that everything is now working great again. No more white pages!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 25, 14 10:29 AM
It's great to hear you were able to get the game working Valdy!

My suggestion to run the game in Administrator mode was just a suggestion that is a common troubleshooting step for those kinds of issues. If you ever need more specialized support, we suggest contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. This will give our Reps the information they need to help with issues that may be affecting your games.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Jul 25, 14 1:51 PM
Looks like the update hasn't completely rid us of the white pages.
I just had it again in several scenes with the silouettes greyed out.

fire

playing on a new windows 8.1 laptop with no other game issues.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 25, 14 10:52 PM
Fire, it gives Win7 as the highest spec on the main game page. Maybe 8.1 is too sophisticated? I am using a Win7 laptop.

The game only just came out, but the devs must have been at it for a long time - long before Win 8.1 came out. So maybe there are some things that are not quite up-to-date in the game for it to work properly with 8.1 Just a guess, of course...

I am glad to say that, so far, I have not encountered any other white pages, and all the inventory words are as they should be.

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Jul 26, 14 7:49 AM
Hi ,and good morning Valdy.

Yeah, I wondered this myself,but the white screening is very sporadic and if
I log out and in again it seems to clear up.I can easily put up with this as its
an enjoyable game and doesn't seem to have any other issues for me right
now.

Thanks for the thought though and have fun in the game too

fire

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Jul 26, 14 7:50 AM
oooh!..... Im a starfish

fire

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 26, 14 6:15 PM
firepolishedAB wrote:oooh!..... Im a starfish

fire

Oooh... congratulations on becoming a starfish, fire. Now, if you were anywhere in China, you would be deep-fried and put on a stick to be eaten like a lolly. LOL

[Post New]by firepolishedAB on Jul 26, 14 7:57 PM
mmm ....thank you,thank you

.......plus Satay with or without French fries....mmm LOL

fire

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 29, 14 8:32 AM
This new update still crashes at the start of the game on the third message from Dupin.
It overloads the Nvidia OpenGL driver with errors and freezes the computer. I have all of the latest graphic and Microsoft drivers. Looks outdated with the 4:3 screen and reused music. ERS really needs to get with the times.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 29, 14 12:03 PM
I can't even download it to try it. Neither Vista nor Windows 7 computers respond. I am usually anti F2P for obvious reasons, but I did at least wish to see what everyone is raving about.

Any ideas, fishies? Thank you in advance.

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 12:04:27 PM PST

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 29, 14 5:09 PM
Having a serious case of jealousy so I think I'm going to give the download one more try. I was really enjoying this game when it crashed my system! Hopefully all these updates and the fact that it's being given its hard launch means that it'll be okay now. Wish me luck, fishy friends!

EDIT ADDED LESS THAN AN HOUR LATER:

Hey, guess whose computer still doesn't like this game? I downloaded it without issue, it started up fine, and I was delighted to find that I hadn't lost any progress when it had its earlier meltdown. It remembered me and where I was and what I was doing. Great!

I got to play all of two H0 scenes and... yeah. The exact same thing happened. My screen went black, the computer would do nothing, and I had no choice but to manually turn it off and back on.

I don't know what it is about this game that my computer hates so much, but if anyone else has this much trouble, please let me know.

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 5:44:11 PM PST

Go to: