Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Jul 15, 14 6:46 PM
Unable to play bonus game. It goes to an error message after the pillows are moved and the gift is given.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 16, 14 7:19 AM
Bonus Game ~ Problems ~ Updating
Still having the same problems,
so have escalated post to 'Help Desk'.
Not Happy Camper...will await response.
kat

Bonus Game ~ Problems
While playing Bonus Game, attempting to use Phone (?)
to access Notes/Map/etc.....
Game Freezes / then Error Message / then Closes.
Upon Restart, plays till additional attempt is made.
No Technical problems til Bonus Game.
=^,,^=
kat

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 3:33:20 PM PST

NLW64
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by NLW64 on Jul 16, 14 3:51 PM
Please, answer the question about the game crashing when using the cell phone. Several people have stated they have this problem (I do also) but there's been no reply to the problem.
This is one of the best games I've played from BigFish, & I'd like to be able to finish it.

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 3:53:03 PM PST

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

CUSTOM CURSOR ISSUE

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jul 16, 14 5:42 PM
Hey Fellow Gamesters,
While playing Beyond the Unknown (and a few other games, most recently, Under the Crimson Moon) I have been experiencing a cursor issue: I turn on the Custom Cursor for the game but and my regular cursor disappears...but only briefly...and then reappears.

Needless to say this is very annoying. I'm not sure if it necessarily detracts from game play but it is, at least, distracting. Have any of you experienced a similar problem> Is there an easy fix? In your experience is it a game programming issue or an issue with my computer. Either is quite possible but the real question is whether or not there's a fix...

Help! Please.

Thanks,
Mark (SFR8RFAN)

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 17, 14 12:24 PM
Hi All,

For those of you having issues in the Bonus Chapter of the game, sometimes running the game as an administrator can help the computer access game files properly, which may help with progression issues like these. Here are some steps to do this:

Run Game as Administrator

sfr8rfan, uninstalling and reinstalling the game can sometimes fix issues with the cursor, like you've experienced. Here are some steps to do this:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If those problems persist, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to look into that for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 17, 14 4:35 PM
katbear50 wrote:Bonus Game ~ Problems ~ Updating
Still having the same problems,
so have escalated post to 'Help Desk'.
Not Happy Camper...will await response.
kat

Bonus Game ~ Problems
While playing Bonus Game, attempting to use Phone (?)
to access Notes/Map/etc.....
Upon Restart, plays till additional attempt is made.
No Technical problems til Bonus Game.
=^,,^=
kat

Updating Update
Managed to finish Bonus Game by avoiding attempting to interface with Phone again.
Playing 'Match 3' in the extras, as do not play them in main games.
Ran into same problem, only this time was just playing game.

ARGH!

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Jul 18, 14 10:40 AM
krinneyd wrote:
swedane wrote:
Bonniesan wrote:I've found a glitch. I can't pick up dog out of inventory to use him to dig by the statue with the shield. I can pick up everything else in inventory but that. Can't move on.

Hi Bonniesan,
Its actually not a glitch! It took me a few tries before I got the dog to stay. (Good dog, stay... )
You first have to find the rat-cage & a chunk of cheese for bate. Place the cage on top of the rope. Put the dog down behind the cage, between the 2 black Bitts, so the dog is facing the rat. Don't give up... keep trying different areas!

Good luck!

what cage, what rat, what cheese. I can't even pick up the dog, never mind it staying???

The rat, etc. is in the bonus game....For the shield you need the metal detector (If I remember right).

Hope that helps.

Abbey

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Jul 18, 14 7:11 PM
Running windows 8.1 on Alienware machine. The game worked fine as far as I recall during the regular play however once I completed the main game and accessed the bonus game, it crashes IE every time I get past the intro so I am not able to play the bonus game at all. I tried rebooting the machine, closing game manager to no avail. Might as well have paid $6.99

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Jul 19, 14 12:55 AM
Wendwater: Thanks for the suggestions.
I actually think I have fixed the problem in another way, though: I detached my USB laser mouse, reattached and the problem went away...leading me to believe that it was a computer glitch on my end rather than a problem with the game(s).

Best regards,
SFR8RFAN

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Jul 20, 14 10:38 AM
WILL THERE BE A 'FIX' FOR THIS GAME? LOVED THE DEMO BUT WHEN I BOUGHT IT IT DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK. HAVE RELOADED AND STARTED FROM BEGINNING AGAIN BUT CROWBAR WONT WORK ON BOAT BUT IT DID IN DEMO.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 24, 14 5:54 PM
I got maybe midway through the game when the feature in the Map that shows you where you can jump next stopped working.
Bad enough that the map is so small that it is difficult to see what scene you are jumping into...
Bad enough that the hint button takes so long to recharge
......losing the exclamation point on top of those makes the game less fun to play.
but I am using hint instead of the map.....and feeling tempted to think unkind thoughts.

[Post New]by srshelton on Jul 28, 14 6:22 AM
I can't get the third door crest to move out of the bushes even when the hint shows me where it is, therefore, I'm stuck....anyone else/tech person can you help? I keep clicking on that darn bush and nothing happens!!

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

Possible fix for Blank Screen

[Post New]by Kirland on Jul 31, 14 9:27 AM
II have had blank screen/black fluttering lines problem with various games.in Windows 8. I read an article that Microsoft is aware of this problem with Windows 8.1 and are working on a fix. It was suggested to play the game in Windows mode. This worked for me.

In researching this problem, I found a useful suggestion:

Open the game, if there is a blank screen and sound, use:
key strokes ALT, Enter (together)

This should put your game into the Windows Mode.
This combination works for both Windows 8 & 7.

This has solved my blank screen problems for this game. Hope it helps you as well.

Oleta
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Oleta on Aug 1, 14 9:42 PM
In addition to the slow cursor present in the beta trial version, and also occurring here occasionally, am unable to access the cell phone/log at all. have deleted and reloaded the game with no improvement. so if I don't write down every possible clue as I run across it, it is inaccessible during game play. the entire screen locks up, the customer cursor sticks at the cell phone. the windows cursor will appear after a few seconds and if you move it very slowly can click on the menu to restart the game. VERY annoying.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 2, 14 4:32 PM
Just wanted to add my voice to those who cannot access the cell phone/map/journal in the bonus game. It is an interesting kind of error and not one I see often. It's not a freeze or a crash and not an access violation error. I get booted out of the game and a popup from Windows opens saying there is a problem with the program and Windows is closing it until it finds a solution. Because of how the program closes, progress is not saved.

If this is the only problem in the bonus, I can work around it, but ERS should really know that this is an issue with a good many people on different operating systems. I am on Windows 8.1, all games run as administrator and all drivers are up to date.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 4, 14 7:16 PM
I had no trouble with the main game. But during the bonus game, I tried clicking on the phone in the lower left corner, and got bumped out of the game. The error said the game had stopped working. I rebooted my pc and tried again. It happened 4 times in a row. I saw that there was a thread regarding this, but it had been locked, and I couldn't comment there.

amma1951
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amma1951 on Aug 17, 14 2:20 PM
I am being "kicked" completely out of the game, and I have re-downloaded game several times. Also, I am getting "flashes" when I click on the scene.

possumb
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by possumb on Aug 29, 14 5:02 AM
I got kicked out of the bonus chapter - very annoying - tried several times to no avail.

cherylt928
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cherylt928 on Oct 13, 14 6:11 PM
BONUS GAME - Access error trying to get to phone for notes...

Anyone else having trouble accessing the phone to get notes, tasks, etc. in the bonus game? Every time I click on it, I get booted out of the game with an Access error.

[Post New]by hyejun on Mar 23, 15 12:47 PM
good gane!!

Go to: