mombiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mombiss on Jul 12, 14 2:57 PM
Me Too Betslaw! Tried three times. Kept coming up with the same original error message as the first install. Very frustrating! Mom

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 12, 14 2:58 PM
How does one turn off Avast I too tried what Kamali suggested and there is no file as Betslaw has said in the forum.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Jul 12, 14 3:44 PM
Here is what I did, right click on the avast icon on the right hand side of your tool bar.
High lite avast shields control you have 4 choises of what to do. Your choice what to
disable.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 12, 14 4:46 PM
Hi Richard,
I did what you said to do and the game installed and played just fine. But then I stopped the game, turned the shield back on and the game wouldn't start. The same stupid messsage as before came up. What did you do? Leave the shield so you could play?

Thanks.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by kjos on Jul 12, 14 4:59 PM
I turned the avast disable permanently. I have other anti- virus I can run while the avast is disable. When I get done with the game will turn it back on again. I'm running xp. I really like this game to bad about avast. I tried running setting inside of avast worked for a bit and than it didn't.
Richard.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 5:08:12 PM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jul 12, 14 5:41 PM
c41brenda wrote:
BetsLaw wrote:The game downloaded with no problems, but when I tried to install, my security program (Avast) would not allow. Reported as virus infected. I know that Big Fish would not knowingly put a game out that was infected. I filed a false positive report to Avast and response was that file would be reviewed at next automatic update. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? I purchased the game without playing demo, so now am stuck with a game I cannot play. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using Avast, and I had no problem downloading and installing. PC using W7

Can't pick up item after Daniel gets shot

[Post New]by SPHINXgirl on Jul 12, 14 8:09 PM
I am helping the doctor and I am on the last item to find and give him. I click on the box it is supposed to be in. The box should open in a smaller window and let you search through it, like the others. But it doesn't I click on the hint button but it tells me I should move on, but I try to click to move back and nothing happens. I think this is a glitch in the game. I really am liking this game so far, but with the glitch I can't move on, so I would really like some help figuring it out.

Thanks.

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Jul 12, 14 8:28 PM
Have the same problem with game. Ran ok when I played then purchased and got
avast harmful . Uninstalled game manager reinstalled and same thing. If it doesn't work want m money back

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jul 12, 14 9:30 PM
I have been years with BFG, have never got a virus from any of their games, and am 100% sure I never will. Avast allowing installation and then complaining after (when the bought game installs over the demo) is unusual, but has happened to me once before. Here is how to set your game as an exception in Avast, so that Avast will exclude it from checking:

Open Avast, click 'Settings', a new Avast box will open.

Click 'Anitivirus', then scroll down past 'Reputation Services', 'Deepscreen', and 'Hardened Mode' to 'Exclusions'.

In Exclusions, on the 'File Paths' tab, click the 'Add' button, then click the 'Browse' button - a navigation box will open.

Navigate to the folder of the 'Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition' game (it should be inside one of the 'Program Files' folders) and put a tick in its box.

Click 'OK'

That folder will now be excluded from Avast's attentions.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 13, 14 2:55 AM
Thanks Kamali,
Got it to install and can play. Love the game.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jul 13, 14 5:05 AM
bbelle wrote:Thanks Kamali,
Got it to install and can play. Love the game.

Good to hear. Much safer doing it that way than leaving Avast switched off for hours.

kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kathycot on Jul 13, 14 5:23 AM
I have downloaded the game twice and the same issue happens over and over again; the game freezes after I press play. The screen goes blank and just freezes up the computer, of course it also still counts down. I have had this problem once in the past with another game and never could resolve the issue, so maybe it is the same with this game. I have windows 7 on an older desktop, but as I said I have only had this problem once before.

[Post New]by ladyluck278 on Jul 13, 14 5:30 AM
BetsLaw wrote:The game downloaded with no problems, but when I tried to install, my security program (Avast) would not allow. Reported as virus infected. I know that Big Fish would not knowingly put a game out that was infected. I filed a false positive report to Avast and response was that file would be reviewed at next automatic update. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? I purchased the game without playing demo, so now am stuck with a game I cannot play. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same issue. But mine occurred AFTER i purchased it. I did the demo without an issue and then purchased it and this happens? I too sent a false positive report.

[Post New]by ladyluck278 on Jul 13, 14 5:34 AM
Kamali wrote:I have been years with BFG, have never got a virus from any of their games, and am 100% sure I never will. Avast allowing installation and then complaining after (when the bought game installs over the demo) is unusual, but has happened to me once before. Here is how to set your game as an exception in Avast, so that Avast will exclude it from checking:

Open Avast, click 'Settings', a new Avast box will open.

Click 'Anitivirus', then scroll down past 'Reputation Services', 'Deepscreen', and 'Hardened Mode' to 'Exclusions'.

In Exclusions, on the 'File Paths' tab, click the 'Add' button, then click the 'Browse' button - a navigation box will open.

Navigate to the folder of the 'Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition' game (it should be inside one of the 'Program Files' folders) and put a tick in its box.

Click 'OK'

That folder will now be excluded from Avast's attentions.

Thanks will do this.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 13, 14 8:39 AM
Has anyone gotten update for Avast yet after do a false report with them yesterday? I tried to install this morning and still get a block from Avast with this game.

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jul 13, 14 11:26 AM
At the conclusion of the scene when speaking to the maid in the servants quarters after I play the HOG scene on the box she is holding, the screen goes black, and the cursor echoes all over. This is the identical problem which occurred in the last few EPIX games. That and freezing in a scene. They need to fix these issues. The last 3 out of 4 EPIX games I have purchased have had either one or both of these issues, and have NOT yet been fixed. iMac OSX 10.9.4; 1tb HD; 16MG Ram; all JAVA and Adobe executables are current.

Edited to correct typo

Edited on 07/13/2014 at 11:27:56 AM PST

[Post New]by shayllah318 on Jul 13, 14 1:05 PM
I am playing on a Mac Snow Leopard. My game freezes after the maid sprays me.Any suggestions?

[Post New]by geertmajoor on Jul 13, 14 1:08 PM
I have also Avast. I unstalled the game and fallowd the error 769 instuctions. Then i instaleted again and stopt the antivirus Avast for 10 min. So i activete the game and can play the game. Goodluck.

[Post New]by shayllah318 on Jul 13, 14 1:27 PM
Mac version - the game freezes on me after the maid sprays me. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by szoszivirag on Jul 13, 14 11:02 PM
I am having the same problem with avast antivirus refusing to let me install this game because it says that there is a threat detected in it, I have paid money for that is rendered totally unplayable. I am hoping that there will be a fix soon, perhaps the developer can fix it.

Go to: