Re:Reviews for Build-a-lot World

[Post New]by vanvranken7 on Aug 24, 14 3:39 AM
I quit by level seven as I don't have a bunch of money I want to off-load into this game when for less than one of the "partnerships" I could buy one of the games and play it forever. I love bigfish and have been a member for quite a while but since startingup these online games the more they add the higher the prices to play go. With this particular game, for instance, you can only assume because of the difficulty with every level increasing, that NO ONE who has never played this game before, would be able to get past say level five with out getting an upgrade for the level. That is really rediculous and a way to turn off people who have not gotten to know what a great company bigfish really is. I understand needing to a make a profit but really 20 dollars for an upgrade even one you can keep forever is a little much.
Also I question how sound it is to pay for something when you guys have a history particularly with the online games of dropping a game of having a game that when it gets an upgrade people lose everything...IE. The archie Riverdale game which I actually put money into and a month later it was up graded and I went from level13 to level one. Not good buisness right there and that is why this game was tried but will be removed by me. Sorry but no money out of my pocket again.
PS I do have EVERY single build a lot game tha you have ever sold, so I do know how to play the game, just don't think I will sink money into it.

[Post New]by TheEvilWoman on Aug 28, 14 7:50 AM
You should NOT have to get 45/48 stars to play level 19. That's ridiculous. Getting 3 stars on some levels is impossible. The timer is too fast for this. I love the Build A Lot games but this one is more frustrating than fun. So it's off to the recycle bin.

SuzMaroon
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by SuzMaroon on Sep 5, 14 8:33 PM
I just accepted it for what it is. I'm currently on level 60 and haven't spent even a penny. Will I be able to finish the game without spending money? I don't know but I'm certainly going to try. I immediately decided to set my goal for two stars per level rather than 3 and that has served me well. The few that I have gotten 3 on have gotten me through the passport roadblocks.

I agree that this money grab format is ridiculous but I refuse to allow it to spoil what I consider to be a good game.

[Post New]by nikkiann78 on Sep 8, 14 3:57 PM
Seriously? I am a Big Fish fan, and have no problem with this game. If you don't want to spend money, then don't. I haven't spent money yet and am at level 65. You can go back to beginning levels to get enough to get past the next passport. Quit complaining. Nothing is free. I'm glad I get to play this game as far as I can without paying money before one comes out that I want to buy. Sorry, just tired of the bad reviews. People spend their time making these games and putting them in here so we can play. Should they just do this for no reason? Just so we can play games? That's pretty selfish. I'm waiting until I collect another credit so I can get a game I want that costs 2 credits. This is a great way to pass the time until then. Just my two cents. I came in here looking for tips on the level I'm on and saw all this about "I'm not trying this game because they are lying, telling me it's free". Really? No lies. The game is free. If you are that addicted that you can't wait until you recharge to try a level again and you WANT to pay, that's your choice. Relax and have fun. That's what it's all about.

[Post New]by EMSeifert on Sep 9, 14 11:41 AM
I downloaded the game late, and frankly, I'm sorry I downloaded it at all. I'm a decent TM player, but no way on earth can I get 3 stars on nearly every level to play level 19. Can't get 2 on every level either, not that that will let me play 19. I would have bought this one as I like the "build-a-lot" games, even using 2 credits (or 3). But no way am I going to use my credit card to recharge the blasted energy levels (which is a joke) or buy buildings that actually do show up in the upcoming levels or do jumpstarts, which don't really help much in the levels. I've learned my lesson. Never will I play another "free to play" game, which is hardly what big Fish needs to hear from someone who buys games from them. If this is going to be their future "gameplan", Big Fish is losing me as a customer.

zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by zuix on Sep 10, 14 2:14 PM
nikkiann78 wrote: People spend their time making these games and putting them in here so we can play. Should they just do this for no reason? Just so we can play games? That's pretty selfish.

You missed point. Most of the objectors posting here would gladly pay $6.99 for the game as they have done for previous BAL versions, and then own it, and play it as much as they like, Whenever they like, without waiting for a timer to recharge or be extorted into paying a lot more than $6.99 to play a few levels.

Edited on 09/10/2014 at 2:20:31 PM PST

[Post New]by nikkiann78 on Sep 13, 14 7:14 PM
zuix wrote:
nikkiann78 wrote: People spend their time making these games and putting them in here so we can play. Should they just do this for no reason? Just so we can play games? That's pretty selfish.

You missed point. Most of the objectors posting here would gladly pay $6.99 for the game as they have done for previous BAL versions, and then own it, and play it as much as they like, Whenever they like, without waiting for a timer to recharge or be extorted into paying a lot more than $6.99 to play a few levels.

I just meant play something else then. If you don't like the way these games are played or how they ask for money, why download it at all? Just go on like normal and don't do any of the "free" games since you know they're going to ask for money eventually. I'm now on level 85. I haven't spent any money. When I do have to, I'll be done and get something else. It's really that simple.

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 7:17:06 PM PST

[Post New]by rxn2o2dvr on Sep 14, 14 10:15 PM
mtvoyager wrote:I've always loved Build-a-Lot games and was very happy to see this one come up, but I refuse to even demo a game that is set up to extort money from you with the lie that it's a free game. I guess that's the end of me ever playing Build-a-Lot again. I'm very disappointed with Big Fish for even allowing this.

I have always enjoyed the build a lot games but F*** the free pay to play. I have not left many reviews but a lot of companies are offering FTP(Free to play, which is BS in my opinion) especially if the cost out ways the enjoyment of the game. Especially if the more you pay the farther you get in the game, total BS.

Sorry if you don't like the review but more and more game makers are offering the pay to play/advance option which totally sucks, games are no more fun.

zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by zuix on Sep 26, 14 7:57 PM
nikkiann78 wrote:[

I just meant play something else then. If you don't like the way these games are played or how they ask for money, why download it at all? Just go on like normal and don't do any of the "free" games since you know they're going to ask for money eventually. I'm now on level 85. I haven't spent any money. When I do have to, I'll be done and get something else. It's really that simple.

You still miss the point, dear. Build-A-Lot has a history and a very large player base. That's because it was a well designed time management game, and lots of fun. To the extent that when the 6th or 7th new game came out, these fans got excited and wanted to get it, and were all ready to pay the 6.99 to do so. Only to find that Hipsoft cheesed out and went over to the free-to-play model, completely ignoring their customer base, or seeming to care about their happiness in buying the newest version, all in lieu of making a few bucks off the free-to play model.

That is what most posters in this forum are objecting to.

GrannySy
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by GrannySy on Oct 23, 14 2:24 AM
I never pay real money in FTP games, as it defeats the point. This is a very bad one, not realising how it would be I used my boosts too early. I'd quite like to start again but this doesn't seem possible. Deleating, won't play this any more

[Post New]by tigerlilywhite on Oct 26, 14 11:40 AM
I've deleted this game. It's not anywhere near as much fun as the previous games. I shall stick to those, at least I know I've paid for it, can play it as much as I like, improve my times/goals and not have persistant badgering to buy in game products. That is the bit that annoys me most, the constant reminders that you can buy in to advance. I've paid once, I shan't be nagged into paying another penny again. I also hate the fact you can't start the game from scratch like the other games. Well I hope they revert back to the old game model. Otherwise I'll be saying ta-ta to the BAL series from now on, which actually makes me very sad.

[Post New]by ColetteV54 on Nov 19, 14 8:45 PM
I found this game frustrating and ridiculous. I want to purchase a game and be done. I have loved the other games of this and usually fair pretty well in the game but this was too little information. I couldn't figure out "flip" the house, I bought, fixed it and sold it for more, I could not figure out what it wanted. Just make more like they have been.

Edited on 11/19/2014 at 8:46:57 PM PST

[Post New]by lexie11 on Nov 21, 14 11:26 AM
mtvoyager wrote:I've always loved Build-a-Lot games and was very happy to see this one come up, but I refuse to even demo a game that is set up to extort money from you with the lie that it's a free game. I guess that's the end of me ever playing Build-a-Lot again. I'm very disappointed with Big Fish for even allowing this.

[Post New]by awriter2 on Nov 21, 14 12:24 PM
I would like to see all of these reviews responded to by Big Fish. We are your customers. we want a response. It would be useless to just post a complaint and not expect a response.

Well, I would like a response. I hope you don't wait until your members launch a campaign to stop using this site for any games.

Be a new breed of company and respect your members' requests.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 1, 15 11:40 AM
awriter2 wrote:I would like to see all of these reviews responded to by Big Fish. We are your customers. we want a response. It would be useless to just post a complaint and not expect a response.

Well, I would like a response. I hope you don't wait until your members launch a campaign to stop using this site for any games.

Be a new breed of company and respect your members' requests.

Here, here! I have been a member of BF since 2008. Because they haven't peddled these "free" games, because their customer service is good.

Pity they are beginning to poop on their long-term members with the same old games over and over, and ignoring any feedback (unless, of course, you swear, and then they're on to you faster than a poker up a pevert).

nikkiann78 wrote: Nothing is free.

People spend their time making these games and putting them in here so we can play. Should they just do this for no reason? Just so we can play games? That's pretty selfish. I

"Nothing is free".
When did anyone write that they expect things for free? If anything, we are asking for the opposite! We pay a monthly membership and also pay for games. Please explain how that translates to us expecting games for free?

"Selfish?"
How are we "selfish"? Because we would rather pay for a game upfront? Because we won't fall for a lie saying something is "free"? Surely if you don't pay for any upgrades, then you are the selfish one as you are not paying for the developers time and energy? At least when I pay for a game upfront, I am paying the developers for their work.
Very strange statement to make.

Go to: