SENIORS.

mammaw_1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:SENIORS.

[Post New]by mammaw_1 on Jul 24, 14 8:00 PM
I'm 59, disabled, and--according to my doctor--should have been in a wheelchair 10 years ago. But my 6 amazing grandchildren keep me happily hobbling right along behind them! lol

My youngest granddaughter and I both love all the Awakening games.

I hope to continue playing AK for a long time, but these ridiculously high experience increases and weeks of no quests to do to are really ruining the game for me.

I'm at level 64 now, and have to rack up 255,000 exp. points to level up. BZ claims they increased the experience rewards, but I haven't seen any changes in the HOS rewards.

The highest reward is for Druid's Hut, and I'd have to play that HOS 473 times to reach level 64. That's a grand total of 70,950 energy points just to make it to the next level, and it keeps getting worse as you move up.

I love a challenge, but BZ's over the top on this one.

I don't mind paying for a few crystals to buy the special resources and the three pet accessories you need to complete those achievements. But I can't afford to invest a lot of money in crystals to buy enough energy to keep advancing to the next level. And I don't have the patience to spend months on end waiting for my energy reserves to build up. And I really don't think I can play enough Fungus Hut Solitaire games to earn coins to buy it without going stark raving nuts--lol.

Hope BZ realizes that they're either going to have to decrease the experience amounts, or add a whole lot of quests with some major experience rewards to keep people like me interested in playing AK.

[Post New]by PattiLC on Jul 24, 14 9:55 PM
I am 62 from Washington State.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jul 25, 14 1:53 AM
Hi AK junkies, I'm 50 and proud to say my age, I love games as they are an escape from the family!!!
Melbourne, Australia

FionaN
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by FionaN on Jul 25, 14 6:34 AM
Hi, I'm 59 and fast approaching the big 60... I live in the North of Scotland and love playing my BF games, great way to keep the mind and fingers sharp.

[Post New]by janetanne1950 on Jul 25, 14 8:39 AM
Going to be 64 in August. Here in Southern California, USA Yes, I am an AK junkie too!

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on Jul 25, 14 10:31 AM
Well, I'm 68 in AK years, but in real life, 50 living in Florida!

[Post New]by redburger2 on Jul 25, 14 11:06 AM
I am 72, from Alberta, Canada. I enjoy AK, but get frustrated when I have problems collecting things.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Jul 25, 14 7:26 PM
I have just updated version 1.90 and I PM a moderator as my quests have all finished and I have nothing to do!
The 1.90 was to fix bugs!
I think that BZ should be ahead of us with updates I hate having no quests.

pkdream5
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by pkdream5 on Jul 25, 14 10:03 PM
I'm 67 & from Michigan

Mickey2u
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Mickey2u on Jul 31, 14 10:13 AM
I am 72 from North Carolina.

May I ask a question. How do you get to rank 4. And is there anyway you can get an item as I have been trying to get pink moonflowers and can't seem to get very many of them. Keep playing the same quest over and over trying to get them.

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 10:16:21 AM PST

[Post New]by dmariemcc on Jul 31, 14 7:34 PM
57 from the Alabama gulf coast.

mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Jul 31, 14 8:32 PM
Mickey2u wrote:I am 72 from North Carolina.

May I ask a question. How do you get to rank 4. And is there anyway you can get an item as I have been trying to get pink moonflowers and can't seem to get very many of them. Keep playing the same quest over and over trying to get them.

Mickey,

Rank 4 is actually tricky. That means that you have to be close to 5 trophies in a map location. You will not get many moonflowers until you have complete most of the quests in your queue that has requests them.

I hope I answered your question successfully. If not, I am sure one of our seasoned players might have a better answer.

Mamacass14

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Aug 1, 14 2:12 AM
mammaw_1 wrote:IAnd I really don't think I can play enough Fungus Hut Solitaire games to earn coins to buy it without going stark raving nuts--lol.

It drives me insane too, but it rakes in the dosh I'm afraid.

Doklao
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Doklao on Aug 1, 14 3:08 PM
I'm 71, and from Indianapolis

[Post New]by angie_74 on Aug 1, 14 5:39 PM
I'm 69 from Alabama. Been playing games since the first "Viper" racing game came out and that game was for DOS on the PC. ;-)

minitutu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by minitutu on Aug 3, 14 3:44 AM
Hi Charlieisr,

I'm 72 & I live in North Carolina!!! I have been scanning the different scenes, looking for Faire Exuberance Relics, among other things. I was stuck in Dawn Hope Cavern for over 2 weeks, couldn't get into the Fountain, just got that cleared up last week!

[Post New]by GamesRUs on Aug 3, 14 2:51 PM
Older than dirt ... Utah. Nice to meet you all

[Post New]by ChattyK on Aug 3, 14 3:32 PM
Hi All,

I am 70 in Lake Havasu, AZ

My husband plays his own ak game too. He is 81.

We both are hooked, besides it gives us something refreshing to talk about.

Happy gaming everyone.

Desiree53
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Desiree53 on Aug 3, 14 4:41 PM
Yup, they were. I was just thinkin' of jumping in there. I'm turning 55 here in a couple of weeks. I'm a veteran and a grandma Yup, we exist! I've always been "different" "for a girl" . I'm christian, a "hippy" & an old road warrior forced to settle. I've had a hard life, am disabled and had my first stroke last October. They put me on a walker. I hate it, I'm gonna kill it. No more road trippin' for me. And I've seen too much, dealt with too much adversity, know too much. This world's gotten pretty hard for me. Then I found pc games. Take a trip and u don't have to leave home. And, unlike this world, if u put in the time, interest, and effort, it can be rewarding. You can win in this pretend world, even if u always lost in the real one.
I love hidden object games. The other stuff, except match 3's are either too hard, or nerve wrackin'. So, I found this . I like it, but have some trouble. Thanks to the brain scramble that is part of a stroke, my two new acquaintances enjoy dropping by :forgetfulness and confusion. Then I'm lost, baffled and frustrated. And if there's a glitch (game not working properly), I can get upset. I find it hard to play when ur energy goes so fast. I can't really afford to buy much. It'll take me forever just to fix up everything! (donate 12,000 coins! Is he crazy, or what?)
I don't know anything about a +50 cub, I just found the forums the other night. I don't think they're a good substitution for proper customer service (which doesn't exist anymore anyway). Showing my age aren't I? I forgot...I'm in Oregon
I don't understand. The kid wants me to buy "wounded" unicorn, plexicorn or something in the pet store. The pet store is just full of hats and ties for my alotted critter- whatever he is. You can't even get pet food in the pet store. So, I'm lost there. And I'm totally lost on the invite a friend thing. Who.....how. I think I might use the "mail" here......But I don't know how.....or who.....*sigh*

Edited on 08/03/2014 at 5:02:00 PM PST

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Aug 3, 14 5:57 PM
Desiree 53:
I think you're right that one of the reasons we play is that we can have our small victories and enjoy them in this fantasy world. Life does its best to grind us down. Right now I'm in Southern Florida with the air conditioner on the fritz. (NO WAY am I paying for a weekend service call!) Thank goodness we have a couple of fans.

As for this game, the "go to" for money is the fungus hut. Once you build it even to level 1, you can start playing Tri-Peaks in the hut. It is boring as all get-out after a while, but once you get to the four trophy level you spend less buying the resources to play it than you win. In other words, good return on investment.

Meanwhile, take life a day at a time and have a good time with the game!

Go to: