New Update 7-22-14

ALicd
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:New Update 7-22-14

[Post New]by ALicd on Jul 29, 14 3:51 PM
anyone having a problem with some quests not accepting already earned quest objects and some going into minus that you have earn out of? very irritating sigh

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 30, 14 9:22 AM
ALicd wrote:anyone having a problem with some quests not accepting already earned quest objects and some going into minus that you have earn out of? very irritating sigh

There is some detailed info on this in the thread "Forester's Curiosity Rose Garden Quest". Apparently, this has to do with the difference between "GIVE" (which recognizes what you already have in your collection) and "FIND", which means your collection is not counted for the quest, and you must "FIND" the items requested. It is best to complete your "FIND" quest before you do anything else with those items, as it is my understanding that doing so is what pulls those items from "FIND" and causes your minus numbers.

Edited on 07/30/2014 at 9:30:01 AM PST

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Aug 2, 14 3:13 AM
NoFishToday wrote:
There is some detailed info on this in the thread "Forester's Curiosity Rose Garden Quest". Apparently, this has to do with the difference between "GIVE" (which recognizes what you already have in your collection) and "FIND", which means your collection is not counted for the quest, and you must "FIND" the items requested.

Highly irritating, seeing as I have about 45 of each item, except the Traveler's Compass (I have a rare 2!!) - and cannot use them. What's the chuffin point?

Annoyed of Worcester!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Aug 2, 14 11:57 AM
Luckypool wrote:
NoFishToday wrote:
There is some detailed info on this in the thread "Forester's Curiosity Rose Garden Quest". Apparently, this has to do with the difference between "GIVE" (which recognizes what you already have in your collection) and "FIND", which means your collection is not counted for the quest, and you must "FIND" the items requested.

Highly irritating, seeing as I have about 45 of each item, except the Traveler's Compass (I have a rare 2!!) - and cannot use them. What's the chuffin point?

Annoyed of Worcester!

My personal take on this, is a "find" quest is to circumvent some of the "stockpiling" so that people can't just zoom through the quests with everything already checked off.

Go to: