lindysmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Northern Tale 4 here!

[Post New]by lindysmom on Aug 18, 14 3:49 PM
I'm on level 21 and when I reach a max of 20 gold, any additional gold I collect does not go into my gold pile. It will only stay at 20.

[Post New]by srmoment on Aug 19, 14 4:41 PM
Northern Tale 4. On level 26 I get this message:
Access Violation 0x73F13ED9 (tried to read from 0x313C2000), program terminated.
How does this get fixed?

Levels missing

[Post New]by Liabella1969 on Aug 20, 14 5:55 AM
I've loaded the game and played up to level 34. However, I can't access the bonus level after level 45, and I don't see Levels 46 to 50. They don'.t seemed to be in the game, but I can see that the awards (items to find on certain levels) go at least to level 49.

I've deleted the game and reinstalled it, same problem.

What can I do ?

Edited on 08/20/2014 at 5:55:57 AM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Aug 20, 14 8:13 AM
Level 46 is bonus level 1. Level 47 is bonus level 2, and so on.
In order to access the bonus level after level 45 (that should be bonus level 5) you must play bonus levels 1to 4 (aka levels 46 to 49).
Also you must have earned 3 stars on all normal levels, plus 3 stars on the first 4 bonus levels.

Look for shields - those are the bonus levels - on the map, above or below the normal levels. The first should be in the vicinity of level 10.
Click on the shield and then click "play"

[Post New]by Liabella1969 on Aug 20, 14 3:20 PM
Thanks bluestarfish.

I will check that I have done all the bonus level up to 3 stars (i thought i did)

[Post New]by crowmarie on Aug 21, 14 3:55 PM
suewong wrote:My problem is I get to the tube filling on main screen the it freezes same problem as others been on help pages no help

That was my problem at first too. I am running Windows 7 on an older Asus laptop. I tried all of the suggestions at the beginning of the thread i.e. updating the video card driver, setting the program to run in Windows XP compatibility mode, deleted the shortcut from my desktop. I went to Game Manager, tried the game from there and NOW all I get is the spinning wheel for a second and then nothing. It just acts like I never clicked on it. Tried again. Nothing. Closed Game Manager, opened back up, nothing. Restarted computer. Nothing.

I had similar trouble with the Northern Tale demos I tried previously, but thought surely they've had a chance to fix this bug. Apparently not.

Has anyone had any luck figuring this out?

[Post New]by Yellow_Eye on Aug 23, 14 7:40 AM
Hi!
I can't remember to what level I exactly made it, but today I logged in and lost all progress. Not a big deal, as I don't mind replaying it now, but it would be a nuissance if this would happen again. Any idea what went wrong here?

Level 26 crash

[Post New]by Poltallach on Aug 30, 14 9:39 AM
When I'm about to reach 3 stars a box pops up stating the game is not working and the game crashes. This doesn't happen with two stars. Any idea on how I can fix this issue?

Thank you

ShariJOD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ShariJOD on Sep 2, 14 10:11 AM
I have bought this game and played it twice, what happened to levels 45-49
they don't come up and the last artifact is in 49?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Sep 2, 14 12:49 PM
Level 45 is the last normal level, where you trick Fenrir.
Levels 46-50 are bonus levels 1-5.

The bonus levels are the shields you can see on the map alongside the ordinary levels, spread out at regular intervals. You can see Bonus 5 immediately after level 45.

Just click on the shield for bonus level 1, then click play. You cannot access the very last bonus level unless you have 47 stars, which you get by playing every other levels on 3 stars, incl the first 4 bonus levels.

[Post New]by dab4256 on Sep 2, 14 9:46 PM
Level 33: There is not a second totem, so I can't go beyond this point. Is this a bug, or possibly it is so well hidden I can't find it. Please help. Can't get beyond this point.

[Post New]by ANKROSU on Sep 5, 14 11:28 AM
Hi I am having issues on level 26. I get to where all I have to do is defeat the witch but when I click on her I get an error of access violation code and the game shuts down. Any one else having this issue

[Post New]by BJeannieG on Sep 8, 14 8:25 PM
There are only 2 polyps in my level 35 obviously there are 3 of them, is this just a problem with my game download!

djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by djoneal on Sep 16, 14 7:31 PM
Bought the game, but the installation fails to enter the download queue on the game manager. I have sent in a ticket to tech support, but am getting utterly useless canned response that asks for information and action clearly identified in the ticket. Very frustrating after including all the info that BFG asks for. Last time I tried to work with customer support, I got someone who did not understand English well enough to understand respond appropriately. I am incredibly frustrated that customer support has become so totally poor to the point of cluelessness. I'm wondering if the only way to make my point is to take my game business elsewhere. BFG, you collect our money, but your actual customer service for problems is dysfunctional. What am I supposed to do when customer service acts incompetently?

Comfeee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Comfeee on Oct 13, 14 2:25 PM
Love the Northern Tale Games. I play on a PC. Twice now I have gotten the same error message. "Error: Access Violation At 0x0043ACEA (Tried To Read From 0x00000025), Program Terminated". I have to go out and reset my computer. If I just try to go back into the game, I am told there is already a game open on my system. Can you help?

[Post New]by pmmckelvey on Oct 23, 14 7:32 PM
fireeyes5 wrote:The game worked great up to Level 36. Now it will not advance to Level 37. This is a major glitch and really needs to be fixed!!!!! First time playing any of these Northern Tale Series I have had any problems.

I have same/similar issue on same level my Vikings freeze in place. Has happened with 2 or 3 Vikings. I even uninstalled and reloaded same issue. Whats up?

[Post New]by magicyn on Nov 23, 14 2:28 PM
Level 14 works fine up until a certain point. Once the "materials" reach a quantity of 20, no matter how many more one collects or the houses produce the number doesn't go up, hence it's impossible to get 25 of anything to clear the path or collect the mushroom.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game which by the way is taking 20 times longer than any other game i have purchased from here.

Edited on 11/23/2014 at 2:30:07 PM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Nov 23, 14 3:45 PM
magicyn wrote:Level 14 works fine up until a certain point. Once the "materials" reach a quantity of 20, no matter how many more one collects or the houses produce the number doesn't go up, hence it's impossible to get 25 of anything to clear the path or collect the mushroom.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game which by the way is taking 20 times longer than any other game i have purchased from here.

As the tutorial explains, there is a cap on how many resources you can have in storage; you can only collect 20.
BUT on some levels, where there is a requirement for more than 20 of something, you will always have a building called a Warehouse. This lets you collect 5 more, and when you upgrade, 10 more.
So locate the Warehouse and build it, this will let you collect 25 resources.

(on this level the Warehouse is found in the bottom right)

Edited on 11/23/2014 at 3:56:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Paulajean39 on Nov 30, 14 7:49 PM
I have been playing the Northern Tale 4, #41 and have run into a problem. In the previous game the Viking's workers were turned into animals by Fenrir. It was agreed that they would feed Fenrir and he turned the animals back into Vikings. The next game up, the one I played said to trick Fenrir. Well, I have fed this gian at least five times and don't know how I am going to trick him. Has anybody had this or am I even more stupid than normal? I admit I am not a computer person, exactly, but can hunt and peck around the screen. I love the Northern Tale 4 and the previous ones. I know I will have to start the game over, because I left it in frustration. Help??? Please???

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Dec 1, 14 3:28 AM
The level where you feed Fenris is level 45:

The first time you feed him, he takes 20 food.
Then a special timer starts, and before that timer runs out you must feed him again. This time 25 food.

(In order to collect 25 food or any resource, you must build the warehouse.)

After you fed him for the second time, the timer resets and you must feed him a third time, with 30 food. All before the timer runs out.

And you need to have upgraded the warehouse to collect 30 food.

If you fail to feed him the required amount, e.g if you only feed him 20 food when he needs 25, then the whole thing loops and you just feed him endlessly until the level timer runs out.

So it is essential to feed him the correct amount, before the special timer runs out. You see this timer right next to him.

Go to: