Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

Re:TGT - Legend of the Crystal Valley

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 1, 09 11:07 AM
I also filed a report on the game with BFG. I think if everyone who is having problems report it, they won't think it's a few isolated cases.

I wonder if the demo is the same as the full version of the game. Don't you get the whole game when you download the it and once you buy it and unlock the game, you get the entire game?

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 1, 09 11:11 AM
That's a point. I wonder if you buy the game and get the whole bigger version if it would work?

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Apr 1, 09 11:18 AM
I downloaded the game and play the demo....I had no problems with the game running right. I llike the adventure games but also wish I had more of the game to play. I had 30 minutes left on my hour trial when I finished the demo......I am very glad I was able to play a demo at all. Most large file games do not allow that. This is a game I will wait and see on. I hope you fishies having problems can get the bug worked out....

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Apr 1, 09 11:31 AM
I played this game, when it first came out on Sandlot Games. It is one of my favourite LGF. I never had any problems downloading it.
I don't usual buy games from other sites, for full price. But I had great feed back from Sadlot Games via one of the game producers. He was a great help when I and others got stuck.
I would recomend this game. There are walkthroughs, but try to get through without.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 1, 09 11:33 AM
thanks everyone for the heads up here sounds like a good game.

[Post New]by yellowtang7 on Apr 1, 09 1:26 PM
I'm also having problems with the demo. When I try to open the game to play, I get a black screen with a rectangular box reading 'input not supported' moving across my monitor.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 1, 09 1:56 PM
Everyone who has problems running the game - there should be a "Repair" option that was build-in by developers. Unfortunately, this little program is not accessible through BFG window.
Here are few simple steps how to run this utility and force your game to run:
1. Search your hard drive(s) for "locv_recovery"
2. If you find it, start it by double-clicking on it!
3. under "Rendering Subsystem" list select "OpenGL Rendering..."
(basically there are two systems: a) DirectX and b) OpenGL) - try both of them - one of then will work 100%!!!
4. Click on the "OK" button

I know this is a bit trouble for some of you, but this game uses advanced graphic effects and uses your 3D video-card, so, unfortunately, some of you may experience some trouble at the first run. But these errors are extremely rare and 99% of us will never experience anything like this.

I hope I helped! Enjoy the game!

PS. I'm sure they'll fix it soon

Edited on 04/01/2009 at 1:59:55 PM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Apr 1, 09 2:13 PM
Sassylassy, I am not being rude. I am just asking for more HO games. I am not the only person here that would like some variety. You don't know me, so please keep your opinions to yourself. I am a paying customer, just like everyone else. If I sound demanding at times, that is what you get when you work with the public. Sorry I will try to do better, just for you.

Legend of the Crystal Valley

[Post New]by handywomanik on Apr 1, 09 2:49 PM
I still have 26 minutes remaining on my free hour but the demo kicks me out. I exited the cave and am looking at a large statue in the garden.

Guess the demo only takes you to a certain point - regardless of the "60 minute" offer. This is the FIRST time I've had this happen with a Big Fish demo.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Apr 1, 09 3:03 PM
handywomanik I did not play BF's demo but the one I played did not have a timer and when you exited the cave the demo was over. I am assuming BF has the same demo so it would not matter how quickly you completed it when you exit the cave it is over.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Apr 1, 09 3:11 PM
I think that original Demo has no time limitation, but it's possible that Big Fish version has a 60min limit.
The original Demo ends once you step into the Valley (after the Farm and the cave tunnels)

The reason that the Demo ends at the certain point is because this is a Large File game. As far as I know, other Large File games have no demo version at all!

Edited on 04/01/2009 at 3:15:49 PM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 1, 09 3:22 PM
When I played the other demo, I was able to get to the village and talk to 2 people there. The demo did not quit when I got out of the house and got to the knight mounted on a horse. I was able to take one of the paths.

With BFG, once you put the 5 statues in the right places on the shelves in the shed, there was a hole you looked into and the next thing you knew you were walking out of whatever it was and faced the horse. , Demo ended there.

I'll try the steps Ivanbral posted.

Thanks Ivan!!!

ladypenguin
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by ladypenguin on Apr 1, 09 3:37 PM
I too am stuck with a black screen and then an error report.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 1, 09 4:23 PM
ghost777 wrote:
Robilyn wrote:I don't get this game. Is it suppose to be a HO game? Becuase it sure doesn't look like one to me. I hate when they call a game a HO game, and it is not. I guess they don't think we will notice. We need HO games Big Fish. Please get with the program.

This bothers me also dont call an aventure game a hidden object game.

NO WHERE that I can find is this game described as an HO. It's listed under Large File Adventure, it's described as a puzzle and large file adventure, the "More" game types listed below it's description don't even list HO so I don't know what the heck you're on about.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 1, 09 4:27 PM
oops.hahahahahahahahaa no serious here babe,just a good laugh.have a shot of

Edited on 04/01/2009 at 4:29:16 PM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 1, 09 4:47 PM
I downloaded the game demo from RA and installed it. I was able to load the game I saved on the Sandlot game demo and continue playing.. The demo is working fine. So it must be BFGs demo has glitches in it. I was hoping to buy the game from BFG since they. Hopefully they will fix their demo so that people will want to buy the game from them.

I filed a report with BFG. I am going to wait for a reply from them before I decide what I am going to do.

Thanks everyone.

ETA When I started playing the saved game, I was at the horse and was able to walk to the fisherman's hut .

Edited on 04/01/2009 at 4:50:51 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 1, 09 4:55 PM
I did not bother with the demo from as I'd demoed it elsewhere and planned on buying. I was able to start at my saved game from the demo but opted to start over. Progress is often saved in the Registry now, not in the game folders like they used to be, so many games will start from wherever you left off regardless of the demo source.

Anyway, I had no problems running the full game from here, but did not try the demo offered by

Mickey2u
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Mickey2u on Apr 2, 09 1:34 AM
TopazMystique wrote:
calsmom2001 wrote:I have to say I was both intrigued and disappointed by the demo. From the description and the first few minutes of the demo/tutorial (I did the whole tutorial as it has been a LOOOOOONNG time since I played an adventure game) I was excited: I thought "Finally, an LFG that I can play without having to resort to a walkthrough every few minutes!". Indeed, that seemed to be the case; actions were pretty intuitive and there weren't a lot of places you could go that served no purpose. I was very pleased when I managed to get through the portal and out of the caves with more than half an hour left on the demo.

I'm new to large-file adventures and decided it would be best to go thru the tutorial. I'm trying to solve the statue puzzle. Thought I had everything placed correctly:

Moon on top
maiden on next shelf
dragon, knight, monster left to right on next shelf
devil on the bottom

Moon on top
second shelf Dragon Woman Monster
Knight on 3rd
bottom Devil

but nothing seems to happen. What am I missing?

calsmom2001 wrote:How disappointing then, to find that the demo would not allow me to go further!

Maybe you need to restart as a new player and not do the tutorial?

Also, I probably won't be buying this because the mouse is hard-coded for right-handed people. Wish developers would follow the lead of DragonStone developers!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Apr 2, 09 1:56 AM
Help - stuck on using the "shrink" spell. Found the spell under Magic - picked it up - now where do you use it? Clicked on her, the small opening of the door, the skull..... Is it a glitch or am I being an idiot?!! Thanks. Julie

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 2, 09 2:14 AM
Hi cats

To use the shrink spell- double click on it in the magic tab.

Go to: