Same Stone Feather Problem as Others (And Comments re Whiners)

[Post New]by codester9 on Aug 9, 14 11:40 PM
I, too, am unable to pick up the stone feather. What a bummer because I really love this game. It's fun, with lots of extras, huge number of rooms, good old morphing objects plus the jigsaw puzzles. And great HOGS and puzzles. I'm disappointed but this doesn't mean I'm turning against Big Fish because of it.

I'm sure BFG will see the messages and get the glitches fixed.

I wanted to say something about all the people who are dissing BFG because they are having a problem with one game. Talk about a bunch of whiners! I have more than 100 Big Fish games. I buy nearly all of the CE HOPAs and other puzzle games. In more than seven years, I have come across two or three games with glitches: I either got refunds or the glitches were fixed. I think people who are calling Big Fish Games a rip off need to do some reality checks. Who the heck in your life is perfect?

If you can't handle a few problems with games, how do you handle real life problems? Anyway, I just wanted to put some positive words in on behalf of Big Fish, because I think it's a fantastic company with hundreds of fantastic games. Yes, it's a bummer that this new game is not working. But it's not the end of the world.

I look forward to seeing this game fixed because it's one of the most interesting new games around. Hang in there!

lattelvr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by lattelvr on Aug 9, 14 11:55 PM
but2730 wrote:Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Same Stone Feather Problem as Others (And Comments re Whiners)

[Post New]by tammytheo on Aug 10, 14 2:45 AM
codester9 wrote:I, too, am unable to pick up the stone feather. What a bummer because I really love this game. It's fun, with lots of extras, huge number of rooms, good old morphing objects plus the jigsaw puzzles. And great HOGS and puzzles. I'm disappointed but this doesn't mean I'm turning against Big Fish because of it.

I'm sure BFG will see the messages and get the glitches fixed.

I wanted to say something about all the people who are dissing BFG because they are having a problem with one game. Talk about a bunch of whiners! I have more than 100 Big Fish games. I buy nearly all of the CE HOPAs and other puzzle games. In more than seven years, I have come across two or three games with glitches: I either got refunds or the glitches were fixed. I think people who are calling Big Fish Games a rip off need to do some reality checks. Who the heck in your life is perfect?

If you can't handle a few problems with games, how do you handle real life problems? Anyway, I just wanted to put some positive words in on behalf of Big Fish, because I think it's a fantastic company with hundreds of fantastic games. Yes, it's a bummer that this new game is not working. But it's not the end of the world.

I look forward to seeing this game fixed because it's one of the most interesting new games around. Hang in there!

Well said, codester9! I'm sure there's going to be an update that fixes tech issues and hopefully soon. It seems to me that lately, most of the developers are showing some pretty quick reflexes when it comes to updating their games.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by danaford on Aug 10, 14 2:46 AM
i can not find the stone feather on the bear skin

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 10, 14 4:29 AM
Add me to stone feather and no hints working list, was enjoying it on a wet and windy sunday afternoon.
So as this is my 1st problem with a game and have been a member since 2005, what do we do wait a few weeks hope its fixed uninstall and start again.???????

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Aug 10, 14 4:39 AM
I can't give the mother's locket to the child. No rotating gears, no hotspot, no zoom in, nothing. Looking forward to the Dev's fixing this as the game is awesome.

pegod
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pegod on Aug 10, 14 5:24 AM
Same problems here - can't get the stone feather; hint button no longer works (with 7 hints) and the bear skin cannot be moved. I was really enjoying this game and now I am stuck.I hope these developers aren't strictly M-F 9-5 because I want to play this game today - Sunday!!

[Post New]by MissArcher on Aug 10, 14 8:01 AM
Eyereen wrote:I really enjoyed trying out the demo until I reached to the HO in the girl's room.

But here is a bug with one of the lamp's crescents, not only in the way I couldn't pick it up to put it one the lamp but it also disappears altogether. When I use the hint button it reappears but still can't be placed on the lamp.

I've zoomed in and out of the HOG, still the same. I also un- and reinstalled, no change. What a shame, I really liked the game.

Just glad this happened during demoing and not after purchase as so often lately.

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm playing on a iMac...

Same exact problem!!!

leboyd170
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by leboyd170 on Aug 10, 14 10:50 AM
saxifraga wrote:OMG, it seems I ran into yet another glitch in an HOP in the attic of the tower. You have to select pairs of matching items, alas I cannot get the last two pairs. There are three types of masks here, a carnival mask, an iron mask and a gas mask, the last two being unselectable. The hint highlights the carnival mask and reveals a tiny rim of the glowing circle just at the edge of the iron mask, which may mean that the matching item ist completely hidden by that fat and useless iron mask. Cannot go any further. I would appreciate any hints to get out of this.
Disregarding the many glitches it could be a great game ...
Mac Book Pro 10.9.4

Yup - playing the game just fine and I have encountered a glitch right here at the same spot. Keep hitting the hint button and it is showing to pick up carnival mask and something behind the iron mask. Can't get to it. What a shame as I was really enjoying this game. I am officially at a stand still with this game.

Edited on 08/10/2014 at 10:54:31 AM PST

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 10, 14 10:51 AM
Mac user here with the same pillow problem in child’s room. uninstall/reinstall no help.

please, BFG, resolve this. I’d like to play this game, and really don’t want to ask for a refund if this glitch can be remedied.

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Aug 10, 14 11:31 AM
Add me the the huge fluffy pillow in the middle of my Mac screen group!

Mac 10.9.3

The game was a lot of fun until this happening!

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by 4beachin on Aug 10, 14 12:09 PM
redrose70 wrote:
redrose70 wrote:
karonpatricia wrote:
Bee921 wrote:
but2730 wrote:Bought the game immediately as was impressed and playing pc version, have reached 2nd floor and need to obtain stone feather after going around in circles have consulted strategy guide to find I have to lift bear skin but I cannot do this. I am sure I have already closed this area so assume that the feather did not move to inventory,cannot complete the game without this task completing, anyone else having same issues or can help.

I have the same problem. Hint won't help, & cannot go any further.

I have the same problem and the hint stopped working.

[Post New]by but2730 on Aug 10, 14 1:12 PM
Thank you everyone for your help in getting past the stone feather issue, restarted game and picked feather up before puzzle piece and completed through to end frustration gone and no waiting for update from bfs. I do agree with all the comments on big fish not eliminating glitches have played games for years with just a couple of problems now I have had 4 in a month and 2 still unplayable hope it improves.

[Post New]by mtozzano on Aug 10, 14 1:29 PM
karonpatricia wrote:i am also having the same problem with finding the stone feather. I have been in and out of the room and even tried using the hint button, but even that doesn't work. The SG tells me to look under/move the bear skin but this doesn't happen. Was really enjoying the game now cant go any further. looks like another wasted purchase...

[Post New]by mephistopholes on Aug 10, 14 1:39 PM
I'm having the same issue as lots of other Fishies - it's the big red cushion in the bedroom that refuses to go away and blocks progress as I can't get the locket. I'm using a MacBook Pro (2012) running Mavericks. I'm hoping for a fix - bought the game as I'm a HO fan and it was on offer this weekend.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 10, 14 2:28 PM
Unable to play the bonus game. A message pops up warning that all info in bonus game will be lost (even though I haven't played it yet) and when I press okay, none of the buttons work and I have to alt/control/delete to get out.

lattelvr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lattelvr on Aug 10, 14 2:43 PM
mtozzano wrote:
karonpatricia wrote:i am also having the same problem with finding the stone feather. I have been in and out of the room and even tried using the hint button, but even that doesn't work. The SG tells me to look under/move the bear skin but this doesn't happen. Was really enjoying the game now cant go any further. looks like another wasted purchase...

lattelvr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by lattelvr on Aug 10, 14 2:44 PM
having the same problem..cannot get the stone feather..hint doesn't work..can't go any further in the game

[Post New]by dkknight on Aug 10, 14 3:35 PM
I too am having problem with the pillow blocking the area where I need to put Michele's name. I have uninstalled and then re-installed and it still is there. This is the second game in two weeks I have had problems with! Please help and fix these glitches. I am using an IMac.

[Post New]by billcoxnyc on Aug 10, 14 3:48 PM
Add lmd to the list of people stuck with the big cushion. Very frustrating. I was enjoying the game.

Go to: