Tara17487
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Hometown Poker Hero here

[Post New]by Tara17487 on Aug 25, 14 5:29 PM
Loof wrote:
bfgVaiya wrote:I've been unable to locate any information on if the devs plan to send a fix for the game to us

I've been in contact with Esther at YoudaGames (developer) and they are currently working on a second patch. They posted the first revision 1.14 on their website, but it hasn't addressed all of the problems yet.

Where on their site do you get the patch?

Tara17487
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tara17487 on Aug 26, 14 1:20 PM
I tried to do the new Build, but it says no game updates were found, so i tried just opening it, and its still frozen the same spot. I did submit a ticket

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Aug 26, 14 5:40 PM
Tara17487 wrote:Where on their site do you get the patch?

Hi Tara,

The version of this game on the "developer's" website has been "patched" or updated to 1.14. The one here is still the old version 1.12.

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 5:44:29 PM PST

Tara17487
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tara17487 on Aug 26, 14 6:11 PM
Loof wrote:

Hi Tara,

The version of this game on the "developer's" website has been "patched" or updated to 1.14. The one here is still the old version 1.12.

But where do you get the updated version?

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Aug 27, 14 7:19 AM
Tara17487 wrote:
Loof wrote:

Hi Tara,

But where do you get the updated version?

We cannot provide direct links to other websites on this forum. Look up the developer's name: YoudaGames on Google and download the demo for "Hometown Poker Hero" and you will have version" 1.14. Though you will need to purchase it from their website to play beyond the 60 minutes.

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 7:20:14 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 27, 14 11:30 AM
Hey Everyone,

If there are any issues with locating the update in the Big Fish Games app, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game from your Purchase History.

Since the game's save files are in a different location from the installation files, this won't affect your progress, and by reinstalling directly from your Purchase History, you'll ensure you have the most up to date version of the game.

If there's still trouble after updating the game, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

Tara17487
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tara17487 on Aug 27, 14 5:42 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone,

If there are any issues with locating the update in the Big Fish Games app, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game from your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_purchase_history.php">Purchase History</a>.

Since the game's save files are in a different location from the installation files, this won't affect your progress, and by reinstalling directly from your <a href="https://store.bigfishgames.com/my_account/my_purchase_history.php">Purchase History</a>, you'll ensure you have the most up to date version of the game.

If there's still trouble after updating the game, please contact Tech Support <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a>. Our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

I tried this and it still didn't work. I did hear back from support, and told them this too. Now just a waiting game again.

[Post New]by HappyLittleT on Aug 29, 14 7:27 AM
Same problem, I beat the boss on the Wharf, it said he was busted I got his "tell" and I can't go any farther, stuck at day 33.

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Aug 29, 14 7:41 AM
Looks like the crashing issues from August 12/13 aren't fixed.... every time I close the game, it says it can't close and I have to force a close (on Windows 7). When I restart it, it's like I never played it and I have to enter my name and start all over.

[Post New]by AENEASCREEK on Aug 30, 14 9:35 AM
Hey Everyone;
I downloaded this game, love it and bought it before the trial was done.
MISTAKE. The Mistake I made is not reading this forum before buying.
I did get a full refund with no questions, just an apology acknowledging my complaint. Big Fish has been very good about doing this I have No complaint.
This has been a lesson for me, BEFORE I EVEN DOWNLOAD THE TRIAL I NOW GO DIRECTLY TO THE TECH FORUM TO CHECK IT OUT.
Since doing that I've found more than one game that I won't bother to download.
I'm so hoping the Devs will rework this game and fix the problems, I love the game play - as far as I got.... which was the first boss.

Immadnow
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Immadnow on Aug 30, 14 8:30 PM
has anyone been successful getting this "so called fix" to work? This is getting really irritating!!!

KNOCK KNOCK, is anyone in Big Fish land paying attention? How can you sell a flawed game to your customers and weeks later, not make sure the major bugs in this game are fixed?

[Post New]by jantercait on Sep 9, 14 9:50 AM
I made it as far as little italy... and after buying all the buildings and beating the old man to win the irish pub... The game froze up. It won't let me play another game and I can't go further. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and it's still stuck. Not sure what to do... I have purchased this game recently and I am not at all happy with it so far.

Go to: