bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Les Misérables: Jean Valjean here

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 13, 14 11:49 AM
Hi AverageSize. Welcome to the forums. ou were right on about the Runtime and the .dll. I did what you said and noe the game plays perfect.

Thanks loads.

bbelle

nyghtfn
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nyghtfn on Aug 13, 14 11:54 AM
DITTO! Same problem here!

bigjan1
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bigjan1 on Aug 13, 14 12:05 PM
Same Here

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Aug 13, 14 12:19 PM
Me too. Same error message after un and redownloading. On windows 8.

nyghtfn
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nyghtfn on Aug 13, 14 12:27 PM
Did the download for this:

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

Declined other downloads offered with it.

Now the game works.

[Post New]by Brains47 on Aug 13, 14 12:33 PM
Corrupt file unable to open - unistalled and reinstalled and same message.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 13, 14 1:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for your continued posts about this issue. We have just heard back from the developer after escalating this issue, and it appears that the Direct X installer was left off the initial version of the game. This contains the missing files to complete the installation.

An updated version of the game should be released shortly and we will post here in the forums as soon as that happens.

Thank you very much for your patience while this is repaired.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 13, 14 2:27 PM
It's great that they fixed it bfgWendwater. Your locked post about the new build says,

"I have great news! A new version of Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery is now available on the website. This update includes a Direct X installer that caused an error with some users." (bold used to highlight the issue)

I'm assuming this is a typo that you might want to fix.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 13, 14 2:50 PM
I'm glad to see you noticed AverageSizeFish!

For those of you getting Error 126 with the corrupted file, a new build of the game has just been posted on the site.

This update should show up on the left-hand side of your Big Fish Games app under 'Updates.' If you're not seeing that, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

Note: Please make sure to accept the DirectX installation request that is part of the game's installation process. This may be easy to miss, so please make sure that you carefully review every request that the game prompts during installation.

I hope this gets everyone back up and running!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 13, 14 5:10 PM
bfgWendwater I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying in my previous post.

Your announcement of the new build for this game states that there is a new build for a game called Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery not for Les Misérables: Jean Valjean.

The error is still there which is why I'm posting about it again. If that thread wasn't locked I would have posted about this there.

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Aug 13, 14 11:46 PM
same here I think I'm giving up on BF it never used to be like this and I have been with them 8 years

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 14, 14 6:19 AM
Hey AverageSizeFish

Thanks for pointing that out for us! I've gone in and edited the post to correct the game title displayed

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Aug 14, 14 11:07 AM
well i'm still having problems. have got to the stage where asked to install direct x.. but it freezes after the message installing components. cant go any further.
have made three attempts to install direct x but it still wont let me go any further.

had installed it from the Microsoft site so cant understand what is going on.

what now??????

as a footnote...I for one am getting fed up with 'buggy games'

[Post New]by SummerSkyeSloane on Aug 16, 14 1:17 AM
My Les Mis game installed okay I think and I was enjoying it A LOT, I really love it, but I could not get very far....when it was time to bring the hammer to the bottom rung on the ladder, nothing happened! I kept trying but could not nail that bottom rung on so now I cannot continue with the game...any ideas? I would appreciate help so much (pretty please?) and thank you if you can take time to help me.

It's Okay now, YAY. I went back to the anvil scene and noticed a religious painting framed on the wall: it was hanging from a chain/string & nail. So I stole that nail and as soon as it entered my inventory, a bigger hammer grouped with the nail and that was the duo I needed to attach the bottom rung. Now the game is working fine, hope this continues because I really like playing this and following the storyline.

Edited on 08/16/2014 at 2:11:37 AM PST

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Aug 18, 14 1:15 PM
before i install this trick you posted, bfgvaiya, i need to make sure that it is adware and malware safe

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Aug 21, 14 7:22 PM
I keep having problems when I go into areas where there are pop-up windows and I don't have the items needed to use in that pop-up yet. The pop-ups don't want to close. And now I am at the convent where the vegetation is supposed to be cleared to find the secret entrance. I evidently don't have whatever inventory item is needed to clear the vegetation, and the pop-up window absolutely refuses to close, period. I cannot do ANYTHING at point, because that blasted pop-up window won't close. I am going to go try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that will get the blasted pop-up window to close, and hope that it doesn't wipe my profile and put me back to the beginning of the game.

Go to: