jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Aug 22, 14 7:24 PM
Was so excited to see a new Puppetshow game, but I am gravely disappointed in this one. I detested the "Hidden Object Scenes". I don't like having to look for pieces of things, I want to look for objects! I agree with the other reviewer regarding the back and forth business, it seemed to me that they were just trying to fill in time so the game didn't seem as short. Didn't play for much more than an hour, and I've played the other Puppetshow games through until finishing the bonus game. A couple of them I've played twice. A really poor cousin of the other games in the series. If you loved it, I'm glad for you, but I'm going to be really careful if/when another Puppetshow game comes out.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Aug 23, 14 3:33 AM
Have been away and am a bit late coming to the table. Have read all the reviews and this game just goes to show how wonderful humanity is! Life would be so boring if we all liked the same things!

I have just finished the demo and I laughed all the way through! The bear in the tutu! Hilarious! I found the whole thing 'tongue-in-cheek' scary and, alongside the achievements, think (IMHO) that this is the premise of the game! ERS are having fun with us!

No, it's not as good as others in the series as far as gameplay is concerned. There is a lot of handholding but, unless you play on 'Really-incredibly-hard-with-no-hint,-skip-or-(dare I mention) a-sparkle-in-sight' mode, you will always get help. The 'find list' just replaces the 'pick-up' hand. I just ignored it and looked around in my usual way!

Some of the story links were contrived as in..."Hey, we just emergency landed our airship, found a random trolley car (in Paris???) to shelter in, but, hey, what's this? All the evidence is on this table in the corner!"

My favourite bit was the random items to click on. I played the music from the loud speaker in the trolley car several times for fun and was delighted when I got an achievement in the circus tent.

So, I think I will treat myself this weekend and giggle all through the wet, Bank Holiday weekend!

If you haven't tried it, give it a go!

T57

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 23, 14 3:38 PM
A big fan of all the PuppetShow games... this one was not as good as the others. First of all, I felt this was a very short game (just finished). Reading some of the letters/dialogue sometimes made no sense - badly written. There was also no place in the "extras" to go back to scenes where I may have missed a piggy bank. I am unable to complete the statue of liberty because I don't have enough money. Little dissapointed.

[Post New]by CM2PTATC on Aug 23, 14 4:33 PM
I, too, have the previous PS games. Won't be getting this one! Too many cut scenes, boring story line (IMO) and the HOS were weak, not even "at best"!

I'm grateful for the extended "demo" time, and hoped that I would enjoy this more, but just couldn't get into it.

Clearly, there are those who enjoyed it, I'm just not one of them!

[Post New]by Buffy48 on Aug 23, 14 5:22 PM
Extremely disappointed in this game, nothing at all like the previous Puppetshow series. I found it boring, wish I had not been excited to purchase like I was in the past when I saw the new games appear. Really wish I had not purchased.

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Aug 24, 14 5:38 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:

And just what does "Ugliness attracts people's attention just like beauty" suppose to mean? We are told that when clicking on a poster of a young woman.

I was wondering about that myself. The girl in the picture was pretty. Hmm...

This game has potential! I have purchased all the other "PuppetShow" games but I will not be buying this one I'm afraid.

Although the story-line was interesting, the game was overly simplistic for me. Also, there is this annoying bar that shows up at the top and shows you 'exactly' what to click on, and there was no way to turn if off. I just could not continue being annoyed by the constant hand holding and the bad spelling and grammar. A spell check is needed for this game.

I was always a huge fan of ERS, but lately they are producing a huge number of games in a small time-frame and I feel like they put games without polishing and proofreading them. I hope things improve for future games. If you don't mind the grammar and hand holding issues, I think you will enjoy this game!

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 7:37:54 AM PST

CBEEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by CBEEM on Aug 24, 14 5:41 AM
As others have mentioned unfortunately not up to the other Puppet Show games. I bought this at half price but even at that the gameplay dissapointed and there are several annoying glitches.

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on Aug 24, 14 10:00 AM
Way too easy. There is no challenge to this game. No buy.

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Aug 24, 14 10:28 AM
Based on the Demo.
I have the other games in this series and have, by and large enjoyed them, finding them a bit different and slightly edgy.
This one has the same base graphics and sort of a decent plot line but and its quite a big but it doesn't do anything for me. It is far far to easy, plus there are a couple of arcade games in the demo, which I hate. The first has a bug as well so had to skip.

No buy for me, shame I liked the graphics.

Out of 10 I would give it 4.

UPDATE

I decided to get this as a freebie, just to see if the game was as bad as the demo.

It is worse, it is totally illogical, the spelling and grammar are written and translated by somebody from the planet Zarg.
This is a travesty on the Puppetshow series, it is ill conceived, poorly written with some hideous games that dont work on my PC.

It has two hideous flyouts for achievements and some other stupid thing which get in the way the whole time and in some cases cover up parts of a puzzle so you cant see it properly.

It stinks stay away from it unless you to come from the planet Zarg.

I give this the Blind Pugh award for computer games

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 1:34:47 PM PST

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Aug 24, 14 12:48 PM
I bought this game immediately as I am a huge fan of the series. However..... played the entire game and was fairly disappointed---it definitely does not compare to the previous Puppet Show games.

Please post your REVIEWS for PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by loverof5cats on Aug 24, 14 2:12 PM

Well I played about 30 mins and it just got worst!! Sadly I did buy it without trying as I loved the previous ones....just wasted 20.00 won't be buying any more after this disappointment.

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 2:16:03 PM PST

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 25, 14 4:49 AM
Wasn't worth the CE price. I have all of the other Puppetshow ce's and this one was not as thrilling and creepy as the others.
It was an ok game but nothing super for me. Graphics good as usual but the puzzles were lack luster and storyline kinda got lost.

Be sure and give this demo a try. Happy game day.

care

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Aug 25, 14 10:12 AM
marg6043 wrote:I have played all the Puppetshow series as I am a big fan of them, I personally love, love this game, to the point that I didn't even waited for a sale to buy it.

Is different from the other ones, even when I understand and agree that once you play the first game the rest will never compare.

But, I like it and I want more of it.

BTW I usually do not post to reviews, but I had to on this one.

marg
Bigfish

Well I'm with you marg Bigfish 2007. I still have not finished the game and have been happily playing since I bought it this morning. Somehow it just keeps on getting better as I keep going, Am in the middle of the circus chapter so I still have a few lovely hours left to play.

And (like you Marg Bigfish 2007) I like it and want more of it AND I very seldom post to the reviews.......but had to also on this one.

Those of you not liking this game, I am sorry if it is not for you. But thank goodness I am over here in heaven today (5970), playing the whole day away with a smile on my face and in such a good humor. As for some saying the puzzles and games are way too easy within the main game -- I say thank goodness for the skip button, cause I use it often -- very often.

I think it is a 'great' game, but maybe my Nordic blonde roots are telling on me. but then - my roots aren't blonde any more as they have turned completely silver white.

Hey - slow - is good. isn't it?

[Post New]by Brandywine_Valle on Aug 25, 14 11:24 AM
I went ahead and bought it after the trial because of my loyalty to the wonderful, WONDERFUL Puppet Show franchise, but this game is not PS, it is something else. New creators must have taken over.

I agree with all who say that it does not compare to the previous games.

Edited on 08/25/2014 at 11:25:19 AM PST

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Aug 25, 14 4:48 PM
I'm with you ^^. Doesn't compare to the others. It's an awful mish-mash, the plot makes no sense and the horribly translated text is ridiculous. Can't be the same people.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Aug 25, 14 8:18 PM
If I had not seen the title PuppetShow and played the game I would never have believed it was related in any way to the other PuppetShows. I enjoyed some chapters and others I could not wait to get through. Lost track somewhere in the game as what the objective was. A little disappointed in as much as I really enjoyed the other games in the series and this one fell a little short. However, as a stand alone it was pretty good. Wish I had waited for the SE.

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Aug 26, 14 1:34 PM
Played about 5-10 min. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!! Cannot even read SG properly. Theme is stupid. Will not give it any more time & definitely not giving it my money!! Is it my imagination or are games getting more & more stupid!!!

cherylt928
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cherylt928 on Aug 26, 14 8:36 PM
I agree with MAR39 about the translated text being awful. It should have been written (or at least heavily proofread) by programmers who understand that people who speak proper English will be most likely the ones to play this game. During the demo period, I did not notice many errors of a grammatical nature (or too many spelling mistakes), but after that it did get worse - once I bought it of course. While I DID enjoy the game, I believe this took away from totally understanding the plot and kept me from liking it as much as I would have.

I didn't care for the total "hand holding" either, though I do most times play in "casual mode." What was up with all the pictures of the items you may need showing up at the top so you can find and click on its exact likeness? It really wasn't necessary...

Anyway, I did buy it like I said, but I'm glad I at least waited for the weekend sale to do so. This was a good game but really could have been so much better. I think I may need to go back and play the old PuppetShow games to remember how good they were.

Take care, all!

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Aug 27, 14 6:04 AM
Oh dear I am so glad I came on here before buying, I have just seen this game and couldnt wait to get home to play love puppetshow games and all ERS games usually buy without playing the demo. But looking at the graphics on the describe page I thought they were a bit what I call cartoonish so thought I would have a read here glad I did, I think I will put it on the maybe list when theres nothing around and stumped for a game.
Thanks reviews, but also a bit disappointed its not the usual, then again I didnt think they were making anymore Puppetshows, must be another series.

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on Aug 28, 14 8:29 AM
I played for 40 minutes. Too much story and not enough game play. This is a no-but for me.

Go to: