Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re:Tomorrow's TGT - Wonderburg!!!!

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 3, 09 2:01 PM
Howatch wrote:I've never played a game like this before, and I like the looks of this one after having played the demo for a bit, so I am going to "take the plunge" and buy it!

I do have one concern, though. Underneath the video of the game on the download page, it says Felix's Favorties. Could someone please fix this? As a former proofreader, it's distressing--and Felix now would appear to be dyslexic. Please help him with this.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 3, 09 2:03 PM
Felix's Favorties.

Maybe somebody just turned 40.

Maybe this is another OOPS, like Paul Picman's.

Just saying.

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Apr 3, 09 2:56 PM
Just wanted to add that I love this game been playing all Morning LOL a really decent game I didnt think I was going to like it because there are so many Build a lot games out there and I thought that it was being overdone but this one is diffrent and cute! Worth my buying it and I am glad I did.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 3, 09 4:52 PM
Just wanted to add an addendum, a bit of a warning actually, to my review:

This game does have quick click elements. You need to banish baddies as they zip by, BUT I've had no issue with this as I just put my cursor on the road they are travelling and wait for them to come to me, rather than trying to chase them about. Seems to work well. Since there is no timer clicking down I can take my time with it and not get stressed. So it's still:

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 3, 09 4:56 PM
I appreciate your updates, Poodlebear, and I'm sure the other fishies do as well.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 3, 09 4:56 PM
linny_lou wrote:I am playing wonderburg at the moment and have got to the level where it is saying build a residence on a premium plot which I have done numerous times I have reached all other goals but it is not ticking off the fact that I have built the house on the plot so consequently I cannot move on to the next level. Has anyone played this game and can they help in any way many thanks x

I've not gotten to this level yet but I have a couple things to suggest. A residence is a specific type of house. Did you maybe build the wrong kind? Also it says "premium plot" which would imply that it's either a plot you purchase or a different kind that would somehow be identified in the game, not the regular flagged plots you start with. Maybe something there.

Good luck!

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 3, 09 5:17 PM
As a time management lover, I am so happy to see that so many people like this game. I think the best idea the programmers came up with was to put a relaxed mode for people who want to take it really easy.
In several months, a sequel to Forgotten Lands First Colony, a similar game will be available. I hope the programmers decide to do the same thing by adding a relax mode at the beginning of the game. This will boost sales and developers will be encouraged to produce more games like it!

Don

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 3, 09 5:31 PM
What a cute game!
I too thought I was a little over the build games but this is a totally different twist!
I love the whole witches and trolls storyline aspect, it makes for a truly unique and interesting storylinem yet you can bypass the dialogue if you so choose. The relaxed mode allows everyone to enjoy the game no matter how fast or slow you click. This game has tons of replay value and broad appeal to many different ages and stages of game players.

You know it is a good game that when the 60 minute trial period is over and it ends your game you go "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"!

Going to buy right now and certain that my son is going to love this one. He played Build a lot and enjoyed it so he is sure to loooove this one!

Happy gaming everyone!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 3, 09 5:39 PM
Count me among those who love having a relaxed-mode option; it makes or breaks the to-buy-or-not decision for me. This option is also a reason I like Farm Mania.

And I absolutely adore Fairy Godmother Tycoon and a large part of the reason is the fantasy setting and the humor; for these same reasons, Wonderburg appeals to me more than Build a Lot.

ArmyMomOkc
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by ArmyMomOkc on Apr 3, 09 10:52 PM
Very fun game! I am enjoying cute characters and the little extras. This one I bought before the demo time was up.

Unsinkable
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Unsinkable on Apr 4, 09 12:35 AM
I bought this game as soon as the 60 mim. was up. I have been playing off and on all day. I love this game I can't seem to leave it alone for long. I see myself playing over and over.

And I love the relaxed mode !!!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Apr 4, 09 12:46 AM
A time management game with no timer? Well, I'll surprised and delighted. I need to slow down my buying because I have too many unfinished games, but I'll download it to try out later on when I get caught up.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Apr 4, 09 5:18 AM
Hey DonnyDJ (or anyone else for that matter), you said, quote "Did anybody try to buy the strategy guide? I bought the game and the strategy guide link doesn't work..

Edit-
(Never mind I fixed this. It looks like there are a total of 39 levels including the bonus levels...awesome!)" quote

So do I have to buy the Strategy guide also or what? First time I've seen a game like this, meaning ya have to D/L it as well and that's what I'm in the process of doing. lol so if we want the strategy guide, we have to buy it as well? Wonder if that is also one of 'Felix's Favorites' then? (don't know if I should of started a new thread about this one or not), reckon if I don't get any replies to it, then I'll start a new thread) LOL

Hey DonnyDJ, what did you mean by, 'never mind you fixed this'? Am I downloading the strategy guide for nothing another words? can ya tell I am confused now? LOL

I appreciate any and all replies~ Cyndi

Edited on 04/04/2009 at 5:22:48 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 4, 09 5:19 AM
I find time mangement games more work, than fun, but this one is very cute with the pirates and dragons.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 4, 09 5:29 AM
Same here prpldva that is why the relaxed option (though it might sound strange for a time managerment game LOL) is the best part about it for me. I like to do the goals without the pressure. Once I get good at the game I might play it timed but it is soooooooo nice to have the choice with this game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 4, 09 6:47 AM
cyndihugs wrote:So do I have to buy the Strategy guide also or what?

No, Cyndi, you do not have to get the strategy guide at all. It's just a helper guide kinda thing and costs as much as I game I think. This is a pretty straight forward game imo and I would play the game first before deciding you need the guide.

rawbiesgrl
Marlin
Marlin
8,929 Posts

[Post New]by rawbiesgrl on Apr 4, 09 7:02 AM
I like this game, it's nice that they come out with TM games with a relaxed mode once in awhile, so there's no pressure. It's funny how the mind works, when there's no pressure, you tend to do everything faster, when there is you tend to screw up a lot more and waste more time, for me anyway.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Apr 4, 09 7:03 AM
Thank you sooo much for answering my question, Poodle! Yeah it kinda had me going there for a bit, maybe I'll finish downloading it later just to check it out and have something to do on one of those blah kinda days. lol

Have a great week end~

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 10, 09 8:12 PM
I played the demo of this and before I realized it my whole hour was up!

I think DH might love this game but he should get a chance play the demo himself before we decide. We try to buy games that we'll all like and I generally try to share the demo time but it just got away from me on this one.

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of someplace other than Big Fish who has a demo. Just so DH can have a go before we buy at BF.

Anyone?

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on May 11, 09 12:33 AM
Brilliant game, I loved it.

Try and google it, you might find the answer there.

Go to: