Game keeps freezing!!

tekeguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Game keeps freezing!!

[Post New]by tekeguy on Sep 8, 14 7:04 PM
Windows 8.1 and it freezes basically after every other puzzle and have to restart. Seems like it could be a good game otherwise but just gives me a reason to quit tryin and go play 7 days.

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on Sep 8, 14 7:25 PM
I am up to the second portaL and once I went through the first portal I have had no problems with freezing, cross fingers.

Someone said in another post that it is a great game and a pity to missed out on the 60% sale. I agree.

[Post New]by Norah222 on Sep 8, 14 9:05 PM
Also using Windows 8.1 and game has frozen twice. Not only that, but Task Manager can't shut down the game, either. I have not tried uninstalling, but will now. Looking forward to a solution, soon!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 9, 14 11:48 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just popping in to let you know that we are aware of this issue, and we are currently working with the devs to get this fixed.

I'm unable to find out exactly when the fix is expected to be ready, but we are hoping to have this ready as soon as possible. Once we know more, we'll make an announcement here in the forums

Thank you all for your patience!

bfgVaiya

rara1024
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rara1024 on Sep 9, 14 4:48 PM
Same here!! I'm going to try the cursor thing.

rara1024
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rara1024 on Sep 9, 14 5:05 PM
Just tried changing cursor--didn't work. Also running Windows 8.1. Very frustrated and not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tekeguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tekeguy on Sep 9, 14 5:06 PM
Tried the cursor fix but that did not work because as soon I finish any puzzle it will freeze. Tried it while disabling some of the other "special effects" and it would play but at that point I feel like I am losing out on a good part of the gameplay. The special cursors add a lot to this aspect (at the very least, it is a little harder to play with a normal cursor) and I'm not sure what the special effects are but at some point, you lose too much of the gameplay to keep trying to play a game you have paid for---I'll wait a short bit for an update but unfortunately I usually purchase games I like as soon as they are released so the recent spate of "match 3 colors" games has left me with nothing to play.

deader
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by deader on Sep 10, 14 8:18 AM
I uninstalled it and put the game in program files instead of program files 86 - so far so good.

[Post New]by lilchumpjr on Sep 10, 14 4:27 PM
I am running vista and the game freezes. I was able to play it through to the point where I had all magical animals, then logged off to play again later. Game freezes at loading now. Reinstalled, Updated, checked computer performance and found no problems that would cause this. It is the game. Need a fix asap!

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on Sep 11, 14 2:16 AM
Same here really getting fed up with it, always loved having games to play but now I just wonder when I am downloading a game if I am going to be able to finish it, With this game I also have "Fierce Tales Feline Sight" which froze and I was unable to finish. Keep waiting for Big Fish to post an update with the problem fixed.

[Post New]by mamakatze on Sep 11, 14 10:31 AM
Freezing in Windows 8.1 and have to do a hard reboot.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 11, 14 11:59 AM
Hey Everyone

Just popping in to let you know the devs are still working on a fix for this issue. It's taking a little longer than anticipated, but they are doing everything they can to get this resolved.

Thank you all for your patience, and as soon as we know more, the Mods will post an announcement

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by tigress62 on Sep 12, 14 4:49 AM
I am running win 8 and its freezing about every 5 minutes and i bought the game. I have tried redownloading and cleaning everything on my laptop and so far my laptop has no issues just the game HELP

mikedog
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mikedog on Sep 13, 14 3:38 PM
I'm having the same problem. In chapter one I've had to do a restart three times. I'm now at the beginning of chapter two and am undecided whether or not to buy the game. I'm running windows 8.

[Post New]by Swapgod on Sep 14, 14 3:07 PM
Same 8.1 issues about locking up after I bought the game. Big Fish is sending the info on to the developers so they can release a patch. In the meantime they issued a code to get a free game if I don't want to wait for the patch. The patch will be announced in this forum when completed.

Big Fish treated me amazingly well & I am very pleased with them,

Thanks
Swapgod (Dogpaws spelled backwards)

chevyqueen
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by chevyqueen on Sep 15, 14 8:29 AM
Just thought I would add my name to the group. I am having the same problem as everyone else.

shanleyaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by shanleyaz on Sep 16, 14 11:13 AM
Yes mine keeps freezing also, This is the fifth game I have had issues with since updating to W8.1. on my PC. Laptop works ok - also 8.1

[Post New]by ailsa13 on Sep 18, 14 5:45 PM
Just adding my name as well to the list. I purchased the game, it seems a good game but it is freezing all the time. Also running Win 8.1 64bit. 2nd game in 2 months I have had this sort of issue, still waiting on the other game to get the update fixed.

AAC60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by AAC60 on Sep 19, 14 3:54 AM
The game freezes every time I complete the first portal puzzle. I even tried deleting and reinstalling. That didn't work. I have windows 8.1.

[Post New]by Swapgod on Sep 21, 14 9:53 AM
Hi Everyone

This message is for bfgVaiya. Please provide an update. We haven't heard from you since Sept. 11.

I also think it's time to put the screws to the developers. They should have had a patch by now.

I still hold BFG in high regards, please don't give me a reason to change my mind.

Many Thanks,
Swapgod aka Dogpaws

Go to: