geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Sep 6, 14 1:04 PM
game has glitch at garden HOs. saw mug picked it up and then it disappeared. same with spray bottle. I have win 8 new Samsung desktop and I will not purchase until there is a new build. I am tired of all the glitches with games lately!!!! I should not have to restart. etc., this should be completely fixed and ready to play . NO BUY!!!!!! gen

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 6, 14 1:50 PM
as a person who has close to 700 games, I BUY I don't demo and that's my bad but you can bet your sweet a@@ that the game I bought last Thursday that I can't play at all on my windows 8 or 8.1 whatever I am NEVER buying another game without reading reviews. I am a person who sets my alarm clock for 1.55 a.m on Thursday and Saturdays so I can get the CE games NEVER again. I will wait until others give reviews. I can't believe the amount of money I have spent with BFG and all I can be told is here is a free coupon well thanks I got this Thursday's game for free but still look at what people are saying about this game. I don't even want to try it nor buy it. So thank you to all who post and sorry you have to deal with issues like this. We customers deserve better than having a person come tell us it's our computers NO ITS THE GAMES.

[Post New]by rrthumper on Sep 6, 14 2:20 PM
tammytheo wrote:The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

Freezing up on me as well, every time it will work for a few minutes then freeze
CAD to restart.... can I get my money back PLEASE

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 6, 14 2:35 PM
I am running Win 8.1 on a Samsung laptop. I was about to enter the first portal, and the game froze.The only way to close the program was to shut down the computer all together.
With all the posts about tech issues on computers running Win 8.1, it seems that the devs failed to properly test it on some operating systems.

Add this game to the 4 other demos that I have played which have needed updates to fix bugs, and that I won't be buying. Offering games that have so many serious tech issues are not good business practices, and I will be considering canceling my membership.

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Sep 6, 14 3:03 PM
Mac 10.9.4
Downloaded game. Went through intro to man sitting on steps of castle. Computer crashed. When it rebooted, game was gone and had to re-download. We'll see what happens next. Not an auspicious beginning.

UPDATE: Re-installed. Got into Margaret's bedroom and did a couple of things. Then, computer crashed again.

This is not a buy for me. I am sick and tired of faulty games being presented. BFG needs to get themselves better organized and test these games BEFORE putting them up for sale. Shameful.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 3:54:24 PM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Sep 6, 14 3:14 PM
Game is freezing on me also. With this many players having the same problem i would imagine it is the game itself not us. Even when I go to Task Manager and try to end it there it puts me back to my desktop with the sound going and a blank screen.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Sep 6, 14 4:06 PM
No freezing problems.......paws crossed here...LOL
My problem is adjusting the different volume controls,
so that I can hear the Dialogue.
Have all except the voice volume turned almost completely off,
and voice is turned way up.
Reducing the other three doesn't seem to have any effect,
they are still overpowering the voice-overs.
Oh yeah, and the Tutorial doesn't seem to want to stop.
sign me a Frazzled Kat
=^,,^=

here's my PC Specs:
ACPI x 64 based PC
Win 7 Home Premium
Dell Inspiron 560
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 Ghz & 3.20 Ghz
6GB Ram
64 Bit OS
Invidia GeForce GT520
Dell ST2321L Flat Screen Monitor
1920x1080 Pixel Resolution 23" LCD Display

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 4:09:13 PM PST

nightstork
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by nightstork on Sep 6, 14 6:45 PM
constantly freezing up

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Sep 6, 14 8:00 PM
Ok this game is doing same thing Midnight Castle is doing after latest update black lines and flickering screen! I have put in help to the help desk still no answer PLEASE HELP!!!! Im on a Windows Vista(laptop) THANKS

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 6, 14 9:29 PM
Read all posts in this 'tech issue' thread & many peeps are trying to play this game on lots of different computers but with same PROPLEM!

I am on HP Laptop, Windows 8.1, IE11, 64 bit, memory at moment ??

Game started without an intro to who is the developer, just right to 'name of player'.

Worked alright till got to the puzzle after going thru the gate at the side of castle, then it FROZE! Did an CAD and the Task Manager would not even come up. After several tries I had to do the SHUT THE COMPUTER OFF!

In my case this has been a first in a long time that I have had a problem with a game, so will uninstall and the frustration is not worth it to reinstall until I find that there is 'maybe' a fix? I have over 756 games & a 4.5 yr member but I feel as many that THIS IS NOT OUR COMPUTERS, ITS THE DARN GAME!

When I restarted computer the BFGApp showed I still had 90 minutes to play on demo which I had already been playing for over 35 minutes.

Unfortunately I found a real desire to play this interesting game, its been a while that we have had any INTERESTING HOs offered here at BFG.

Lets...signed off as very

ETA: BBL

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 9:30:27 PM PST

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Sep 6, 14 9:30 PM
securefed wrote:Everything was working fine until I completed the gate lock, then the screen froze. I tried to capture the error (access violation of some sort), but my whole PC locked up and was unable to even bring up my Task Manager screen. I am running Windows 8. I had to restart my PC - without being able to save anything that I had open.

Exactly what happened to me. When I enter the forum and there are twice as many (or more) tech problems than reviews I know there's a problem. And when they put up the lovely notice to do this, do that, and then do the other thing, I am not going to do it. If a fix shows up for this game I will surely buy it, but until then - - - - - - - - -

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Sep 6, 14 10:46 PM
This is the second game tonight that kept freezing/crashing, thinking it was my pc I started to read the reviews and it seems this game along w/the other is problematic. No surprise there!! I have an idea why don't you just change your name to Big Freeze instead! Go ahead, instead of focusing on the real issue at hand, ( your company has really went downhill) just delete my comment.

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Sep 6, 14 10:50 PM
Sforet71 wrote:as a person who has close to 700 games, I BUY I don't demo and that's my bad but you can bet your sweet a@@ that the game I bought last Thursday that I can't play at all on my windows 8 or 8.1 whatever I am NEVER buying another game without reading reviews. I am a person who sets my alarm clock for 1.55 a.m on Thursday and Saturdays so I can get the CE games NEVER again. I will wait until others give reviews. I can't believe the amount of money I have spent with BFG and all I can be told is here is a free coupon well thanks I got this Thursday's game for free but still look at what people are saying about this game. I don't even want to try it nor buy it. So thank you to all who post and sorry you have to deal with issues like this. We customers deserve better than having a person come tell us it's our computers NO ITS THE GAMES.

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Sep 6, 14 10:52 PM
AMEN to that !!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by halelaine on Sep 7, 14 1:51 AM
I have a Mac and the game won't even start.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Sep 7, 14 2:28 AM
Well as I said in an earlier post, why hasn't anybody come on here from BFG and said they have got onto the developers and are going to get a fix for this game, I think BFG needs to shut down for a while and fix all the issues with all these games, there getting more and more games with technical issues over the last year and it isn't getting any better, needs a big FIX at BFG it seems, maybe a clean install of staff, I don't know, will start looking at other sites me thinks.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 7, 14 4:39 AM
Dr. Felix Report: I submitted ... has everyone else done the same. Maybe if we bombard them with a 1000 Dr. Felix reports .... they'll fix this issue. Just a thought.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Sep 7, 14 4:45 AM
So annoying and frustrating! Downloaded it twice now - gets to 95% or even 97% and then "not responding". This is the third CE game where this has happed - it is NOT my computer. Big Fish games were so good, so reliable and so trustworthy and have bought over 600 games from them - well now I need to dismiss Big Fish from my desktop and give up. Takes a long time to build the reputation you had - but so quick to destroy it through untested glitch y games....

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 7, 14 5:10 AM
tammytheo wrote:The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

To update my initial post, I uninstalled/reinstalled the game and gave it another try but the freezing issue remains. I'm going to leave it as it is for now, I have had enough of shutting my laptop down and rebooting it for one weekend, and wait for a fix. Hopefully, we'll have one soon.

Judging by what other users have posted here, Windows 8.1 is not the only OS the game doesn't work on. This, unfortunately, leads me to the conclusion that the developers failed to test their game properly.

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 7:27:55 AM PST

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Sep 7, 14 7:48 AM
I have a brand new PC running 8.1 and this is the first game that's given me trouble with freezing...Ran fine after changing compatibility. Yea, I can finally finish the game!

Go to: