Re:TGT - Alchemist's Apprentice

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Apr 6, 09 12:17 AM
puzzledone...
Thanks for the chuckles! I'm with you, "kid"!

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 6, 09 8:47 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Alchemist's Apprentice. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by orangemen90 on Apr 6, 09 5:33 PM
thanks for the review Poodle bear. i have learned after wasting numerous credits to read forums before buying. from reading your review..... i won't purchase it. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good hog game that doesn't have a demo. wanna a new one but hesitate to buy one without a demo unless it is highly recommended by a fishie who knows the ropes. thanks again

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Apr 10, 09 1:06 AM
This is quite a pretty game although not the graphics of the new Azkend which is just beautiful. But alas it has a timer as does Azkend and that is the only reason I will not be buying either

[Post New]by xenawebgoddess on Apr 13, 09 8:11 PM
Okay...I bought it and am now at the 4th level. I don't mind timers, but I do like a challenge. By the middle of level 3, the upgrades you buy are so powerful that they can wipe out all the jewels on the screen, and accomplish half of the level in one move. I'm finishing levels with as much time on the clock as I started with.

Starting on the third level, you play little minigames (catch 25 jewels of certain shapes and color while not catching (clicking on) the other ones) in order to win helper characters. These guys do even more damage, leaving you, the player, with nothing much to do except watch everything on the screen blow up.

REALLY irritating.

[Post New]by feyaia on Apr 14, 09 1:43 PM
Like a lot of you, I fell for the match three/ho selling point. It's still an interesting game (even though I'm stuck on one level and see no way through it.) Also, on my laptop vista,I had to turn off some of the wiz bang features to get the mouse to work right. And, for the record, I dislike timers, would it blow the gamer budget to set it as an option? This should be standard in all games. Now, the music isn't bad but I would like to see more tunes in these games. The best music i have listened too in any BF games is still, Amazon, the HO game. Wonderful and catchy tunes add to any game. Oh well, my two and a half cents worth.

feyaia

Edited on 04/14/2009 at 5:20:40 PM PST

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Apr 19, 09 9:59 PM
On stage 5 of this mistake, and if any of you suffer migraines. I strongly advise you not to buy this game. There is so much glitz and glamour on this that not only can you not see the shapes as you advance, it flashes so much you will get hit with one heck of a headache. Luckily I get the sickening prelininaries to a migraine before they hit, so I get blinded by the strobe, tunnel vision, and nausea. And if you have epilepsy.....well goes without saying, leave this one alone. Now, that said, where did I put that imitrex shot? lol. A BIG thumbs down for a game with a great trial, EXCEPT for that bonus game where u chase the gold and the guy jerks around "following your mouse" like a fish out of water. The HOG aspect is VERY misleading. I play match 3's when I just want to relax and unwind. *Sigh*~~~~~~~~~~another wasted credit.

[Post New]by PuzzlesRus on Apr 20, 09 7:15 AM
Thank GOODness for PoodleBear and LizzieK! If it weren't for the two of you we all would waste a ton of money on worthless games, and prolly end up in the nuthouse after going stark raving mad after being stuck (and horribly frustrated) on some seemingly simple puzzle in an otherwise enjoyable game.

FOUR FINS up to ya both..bless you.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Apr 20, 09 7:35 AM
Was in two minds about buying; but did in the end. Mini game still annoying; just move back and forth; some coins caught on bounce. Even if you only get a few coins they are added to your total. Didn't have much trouble with timer(ignored it) only ran out of time 3 times. I had no trouble finding out about upgrades on locations; just moved icon over them. At the end all the sparkling explosions seem to take over play but added lots of coins to total. I can understand how it could annoy some players. Finished last night and was asked if I wanted to go on with a harder game? I enjoyed it. The graphics are simply gorgeous!!!!!

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie83 on Apr 24, 09 4:46 PM
Graphics are absolutely awesome. The sparkles are a bit of a bother when they obscure the tiles in match 3. I hate that silly leprechaun though. It just irritates me and blows my concentration. Often the coins bop him on the head and he just sits there with stars swirling. Oh well, the rest of the game is worth it.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 24, 09 4:58 PM
I liked the game very much, but thank goodness your advancement is not dependent on your skill with the leprechaun game, or I never would have finished it!

[Post New]by Alarian on Apr 25, 09 7:52 AM
I liked this game initially quite a bit (Other than the leprechaun game) enough to have bought it, but I have to say once I hit level 4-10, my enjoyment has dropped to zero. It was like a switch was flipped and I went from never running out of time (or even coming close) to becoming impossible. I have made it past 1 level since then and am now stuck on level 5-1 which I have played countless times and not even come close to getting past. Many times I run out of time with only about 1/4 the needed coins. Very disappointed with the game and I will not be finishing it. I play these to relax and enjoy myself, and this has turned to pure stress for me.

Alarian

[Post New]by browneyes2 on May 17, 09 6:52 PM
i love this game. even though the little leprechan bonus game really gets on my nerve for real that part should have been left out. it has beautiful graphics. all in all i give 99.9 percent. see yah.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 31, 10 2:29 PM
This game was beautiful! I replayed it. I did not like the bonus coin catching game however. Other then that this game is a keeper for me~

Go to: