Issues with Sep 17 Update

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

Re:Issues with Sep 17 Update

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 18, 14 4:34 PM
I haven't updated yet either, but I checked I have over 400 4 star items

I wonder if the drop rate is different after the update? As now I seem to get mostly 3 & 4 star items. Really need more 2 star items for crafting food...

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 18, 14 7:10 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:I haven't updated yet either, but I checked I have over 400 4 star items

I wonder if the drop rate is different after the update? As now I seem to get mostly 3 & 4 star items. Really need more 2 star items for crafting food...

I am not on your level but I have around 120 four stars which is more than I have of 1 stars only about 70 one stars

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 18, 14 7:52 PM
meinaz wrote:
HoosierAmy wrote:I haven't updated yet either, but I checked I have over 400 4 star items

I am not on your level but I have around 120 four stars which is more than I have of 1 stars only about 70 one stars

So at all/different levels we see there are more upper level star items than lower....Hummmmmm And now the items we want need upper level star items...(scratching head?)

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Sep 18, 14 11:17 PM
Yea, I agree with you on this one. I think the developers are focusing too much on bells/whistles that are appealing, and might work some. However, apparently retest were not done. The game has wonderful potential and FRUSTRATING as it might be...and this last update was the worst one to wait for-only to have THIS? The fatal exceptions are unbelievable on a good day, worse now. You cannot click on most every scene, and let's not forget the points we lose each time. This is compounded if we use any of our special timers/ getting extra points, etc. Can the game be made to work correctly at all? I certainly hope the developers were not in such a "hurry" they just fixed whatever to hush the grumblings amongst us? LOL. It is worse than before, has a great storyline, art, etc. but what good is all that if you cannot play the game. I hate the "continual rain" because it only shows one item to begin with. The time is too short, You can't move past anything more when you can't click item or move past them somehow. The whole scene/points are gone immediately and this is VERY upsetting. Sometimes after the "more time" you get the points anyway=Sometimes you don't? These things need to be fixed correctly and immediately or the game taken down. This is one game I am glad I have not spent any extra money on as it stands right now. Sorry to those who have wasted the money if they can't fix it.

[Post New]by ChrisJones71 on Sep 19, 14 2:56 AM
Well I have a new problem with the so-called "Update", I can get most objects BUT when I get the last one the game freezes on me and I have to restart the game manager. This happens on all HOP's. Very, very annoying and very, very frustrating. I'm on level 37 and I have to say I am extremely disappointed with BigFish and the clowns who made the game !!!!!

nella62
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by nella62 on Sep 19, 14 4:32 AM
I'm level 22, it's impossible to get the binoculars in the artist workshop scene after the new update...
the same in the fringe hut scene, impossible to get the chest: I think that happens in every HOP.
You can click for hours, but the object remains in its place...

Edited on 09/19/2014 at 10:37:45 AM PST

[Post New]by rosebear1 on Sep 19, 14 7:24 AM
ha! wish I'd seen this post before I wrote mine. At least I know its not just me now. Thanks all

[Post New]by squidferbrains on Sep 19, 14 9:55 AM
So disheartened with the last item not being clickable in practically every scene. I've wasted so many hints and energy. I had to craft 3 challengges for the fringe hut quest.... All that time and effort.. and now I cant complete it. I shant be playing till its fixed. 2 days I will wait then game goes in the trash!!!

[Post New]by laramie819 on Sep 19, 14 10:22 AM
The new update guarantees that I cannot accomplish anything! I cannot afford to use all my energy and waste it because I cannot complete any quest. I hope this can be addressed soon - is there an imp that is randomly causing items to be frozen and not able to be picked up?

[Post New]by garluna on Sep 19, 14 6:42 PM
Fell sorry for those that paid actual cash to buy items to play this game. The September 17 update is a disaster. If you paid real money to play this useless game, maybe a complaint to the BBB will be warranted.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 19, 14 6:49 PM
garluna wrote:Fell sorry for those that paid actual cash to buy items to play this game. The September 17 update is a disaster. If you paid real money to play this useless game, maybe a complaint to the BBB will be warranted.

Won't do any good...not covered. It's international... See, they got 'cha

[Post New]by rainemiester on Sep 19, 14 7:18 PM
I have the same thing happening. It seems to happen most when other things are in front of the item you need. On occasion I have been able to retrieve a blocked item when the one in front has come up and I can remove that one first.

This is more than annoying. I keep playing these games but it seems to me that they only run properly for a while. It would be nice if they could actually test these updates properly before applying them. I would rather wait another week till they get it right than have the frustration of finding these bugs for them and not being able to play till they do fix it.

Rainemiester

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 19, 14 7:29 PM
this is so unacceptable on so many levels. You have to believe the developer WANTED this update to work. Why else would they of put it out. They want us to have fun, want us to SPEND MONEY on their game.....This problem has to fall on BFG lap.They have the ability to tweek the game to suit their parameters. BFG, has too may FTP games in the work, and they can't keep up with doing a good job on all of them. Just check out a few others with problems...the most glaring is Dark Manor...they have almost the same problems as we do....

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 19, 14 7:48 PM
I wonder WHY the 'update' has not been taken down and off the BF Manager, so people stop downloading it when its been made abundantly clear to BF via the forums and no doubt many CS tickets, there are mega problems.

I have paid real $$ to play, its a choice we have and aren't forced to do so, being impatient I just wanted to forge ahead as the next and the next challenge was so exciting and enticing and frustrating - getting 1* ribbons when I wanted the red ones!!!! lol

The only quest showing on Agency33 currently for me is The Keeper asking me to 'download the update', hello, I think not! so therefore Im stuck until this gets resolved - ie its still showing as an Update on my BFM.

We get more info from these forums to know what is going on and I have now made it a rule to check here first, before doing any future update downloads -

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 19, 14 8:07 PM
the reason is no one is in the house.....all the mods home happy...dev''s wondering what the hell happened.....bfg, counting the money we spent

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 19, 14 8:18 PM
HoosierAmy wrote:the reason is no one is in the house.....all the mods home happy...dev''s wondering what the hell happened.....bfg, counting the money we spent

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
I think you are right !!!

and busy 'fixing' up all their other games - wanna Vodka (hic !)

flakey1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by flakey1 on Sep 19, 14 11:42 PM
I've started having problems too... there doesn't seem much point playing the scenes to waste energy. And if the devs don't fix the problem sharpish, people will be abandoning in droves.

[Post New]by angelannie on Sep 20, 14 5:33 PM
Chinese Block Issue

Have played this hop loosing endless energy because of the Pole then I accidently clicked on the bottom of the pole and it worked. Hope this helps good luck

Issues with Sep 17 Update

[Post New]by Adelrune4 on Sep 20, 14 6:47 PM
ekstra2000 wrote:I have found a recurring issue in the new game. I seem to have one item in each scene that just won't let me select it.
I got through the Captain's Cabin OK.
BUT...
In the Shaman Hut, I couldn't click on the matchbox.
In the Artist Workshop, I couldn't click on the snowman.
In the Polar Station, I couldn't click on the frame.
And in the Chinese Block, I couldn't click on the Pole.

I hit the wrong button and skipped the Rio Carnival Scene.

I quit the game at that point, because I didn't see any point in continuing to expend energy on scenes I couldn't complete.

Please let me know if the devs are aware of it.

Me too, I getting sick of it!!!

Go to: