TGT: Between the Worlds

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:TGT: Between the Worlds

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 5, 09 9:56 PM
Ok, I guess I am done. Not finished, just done. At some point after the paddle arcade game, the game crashed. I can't remember where i was when it happened because it was several hours before I tried to play again. When I started the game again, it had lost my saved game and my persona, etc. it was as if i had never played the game. I don't like this enough to play again, at least not now. Maybe one day during a dry period when i am desperate I will pull this out and try it again but i will have to forget it for a while before that happens.

I have had games crash before, "kate West" did it often, but I have never had one lose my saved information and games. As often as KW crashed on me, I could always start again where I left off.

Janadott
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Janadott on Apr 6, 09 6:40 AM
I dont really care for this one. Items needed leaves much to be desired, i.e. want a bird.....there are three or four of them..,click on them all, not what they want, not only birds, but cats and other things too. big disappointment to me.
Waiting for a really good HOG. Is there one out there BFG?

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Apr 6, 09 7:07 AM
I agree with pretty much everything the others previously have stated about the game pros and cons.

One thing I had not seen mentioned that helped make my decision to buy or not buy is the fact that the storyline is one of the most incomplete, jumbled and nonsensical I've seen! It's almost as if the game developers skipped entire paragraphs of dialogue and stuck in paragraphs that make no sense.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like a ton of dialogue. But this game had a great premise, Between two Worlds and it so far has left me hanging with a huh? While my main enjoyment of a game is the actual puzzles, HO, action etc. if it is a game that has a storyline, please make it understandable.

It seems like a really bad B movie........... You know the one where the actors strain to produce their lines and are very stilted?

Beyond that pros are:
* No timer
* Ability to skip mini games
* Hidden areas to open

Cons are
* Incomplete/muddled storyline
* Excruciatingly long hint refresh button
* No reset on mini games
* Graphics at first seem interesting but are not crisp
* Items to search are extremely jumbled and aren't hard to find because of developers skill but rather because of their inattention to detail.
* No option to turn the timer on to make it more interesting (is there an option for this?)

Unless I had unlimited game credits I wouldn't buy this game. Even then I probably wouldn't because it would be a waste of space.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 6, 09 9:14 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Between the Worlds. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Apr 6, 09 12:18 PM
I downloaded the demo of this game and must say that I am not interested in buying the full version. The scenery is too dark and this makes finding some objects really difficult. I also found some of the clues rather ambiguous (such as find a "bird" and there are at least three birds in the picture--none of which seem to be the right one). The mini games are true no brainers, but maybe they get more difficult farther into the game.

iamliesa
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by iamliesa on Apr 7, 09 12:10 PM
yeah.. i have boxes around the so called " hidden objects" .. not to hidden are they? defnately wrecks the game for me too..

Go to: