Server back up, but . . .

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Server back up, but . . .

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 7, 14 3:10 PM
I had thought maybe my quests had disappeared due to the sale and that they'd appear back tomorrow, but Lamchop's quests are outside the sale. All my premium scenes are no longer showing gifts (although the gifts are shown on the sale pop up as others have stated). So if we don't get the quests and we don't get the gift, seriously what is the incentive to open them??

Personally I don't pay money for gold, but I would've thought those that do would primarily buy gold for these larger gold value purchases, so DM are doing themselves out of money. Who is making these decisions?!?

Oh, and on an aside, I was being presumptuous. That one gold bar I was waiting for? I've spent nearly two hours in one manor pumping all the ??? machines and ONLY got juju

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 7, 14 3:17 PM
I hope this is just a mistake that they will correct soon. I feel cheated out of gold I bought with real $. I want my gold or money back. Bait and switch is exactly what they did. I had spent the morning with my baby manor and actually did get the bonus items. Then half way into my middle manor bottle collecting they went down for maintenance. When it came back up all things had changed. I got two of the skulls but not the torture chest for the other I had bought.
I really want the frog leg BBQ for my RND (red necks delight) scene. Now that is gone. I guess they really are trying to run us off. Guess what? If I get run off this game BF can get along from now own without my game membership also.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 3:19 PM

[Post New]by frothnbubble on Oct 7, 14 4:25 PM
toomuchsht wrote:I hope this is just a mistake that they will correct soon. I feel cheated out of gold I bought with real $. I want my gold or money back. Bait and switch is exactly what they did. I had spent the morning with my baby manor and actually did get the bonus items. Then half way into my middle manor bottle collecting they went down for maintenance. When it came back up all things had changed. I got two of the skulls but not the torture chest for the other I had bought.
I really want the frog leg BBQ for my RND (red necks delight) scene. Now that is gone. I guess they really are trying to run us off. Guess what? If I get run off this game BF can get along from now own without my game membership also.

I cancelled my membership last April because I couldn't get a satisfactory answer for the mass moderations that occurred on March 30th.

I received a refund of twelve months membership from Accounts but no explanation.

If this is moderated, please don't refer to me as a "fishy" or any other childish language.

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 7, 14 4:49 PM
OK now, this is weird. After saying none of my premium scenes advertise the gifts anymore, I finally got the gold I needed and clicked on the premium scene again to see what it said. As well as the juju & silver, it now says the exclusive gift. When I closed it, the skulls are back on the bottom corner. However, none of my other premium scenes are showing the gifts back in them yet.

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 4:57:15 PM PST

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 7, 14 4:55 PM
v e r y i n t e r e s t i n g, (OK, I AM that old, I remember the original SNL) Any way. I hope they put the unique items back for the premium games, because if they don't have those, they are not worth gold, not mine at least..

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 4:55:42 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 7, 14 5:30 PM
I do not have the Premium scenes for Chapters 4 through 15 open. Of these, only Chapter 9's Premium scene has an inset showing a Bonus item.

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Oct 8, 14 11:22 AM
Lambchop_1 wrote:I just checked all my quests - I had one each for 12.4, 13.4, 14.4 and 15.4 and they have all disappeared. I bought them awhile ago and just had not opened them yet. Put a ticket into CS for reimbursement for all the goodies that came with the premium scenes as well as the regular chapter quests. Will be interesting to see what happens.

A big thank you to CS. I sent in a ticket yesterday and Taylor got back to me today and placed all the quest items and bonus items for the premium scenes in my inventory. He also gave me extra gold and silver to compensate for what I lost for the quests.

It seems I'm not the only one to have this happen to. If you had a similar thing happen, send in a ticket to CS now and ask for the items you lost.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Oct 8, 14 2:46 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry about the issues with missing items from the Premium Scenes!

The devs are aware the Premium Scenes aren't giving items as expected, but please don't worry. There's a fix for the issue!

We're hoping to roll out the fix tomorrow, and as soon as we have more information, we'll let you know

bfgVaiya

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 8, 14 2:56 PM
Roll out a fix tomorrow.

Why do these words fill me with dread?

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Oct 8, 14 3:05 PM
Don't the developers ever get tired of having to fix the fix that was supposed to fix the fix for the fix that went wrong last time?

LauraBelle13
Minnow
Minnow
274 Posts

[Post New]by LauraBelle13 on Oct 8, 14 3:32 PM
LaReinaGitana wrote:Don't the developers ever get tired of having to fix the fix that was supposed to fix the fix for the fix that went wrong last time?

They don't have time to fix it the right way, but they have time to fix it over and over again. I'm not impressed by their programming skills, debugging skills or their quality control process.

Potters Cottage

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 8, 14 3:40 PM
Of course they don't have time, they have scenes to revamp!!! Priorities my dears, priorities!!

[Post New]by frothnbubble on Oct 8, 14 4:02 PM
Ahhh!
The famous "fix".
Reminds me of a quote in the final chapter of Alice in Wonderland.

"The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."

.froth

[Post New]by LillyMunster on Oct 8, 14 7:44 PM
Why do these words always fill me with dread?
, and

They don't have time to fix it the right way, but they have time to fix it over and over again. I'm not impressed by their programming skills, debugging skills or their quality control process.

and
we'll have that done by tomorrow

The mods are put in a very precarious situation. They try to appease and soothe us, which makes us furious. [Removed by Moderator] FIXING the problem is not smoothing over the symptom.

[Removed by Moderator]THAT IS THE FIX.

Edited on 10/09/2014 at 1:52:53 PM PST

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 9, 14 10:00 AM
It's not the Mods that make me furious, as I realize they have nothing at all to do with these glitches, unexpected changes, and unexpected updates that are not to the players' benefit. It's the developers themselves, to whom many of us have paid a lot of money for a FTP game. The Mods are mostly players themselves, and I'm sure most of them aren't happy with many of the changes.

I'm not sure why it was said that there would be a fix "tomorrow", which is now today. The last I see on FB about this is the following:

"Hey folks,

We're aware of the recent issue where Premium scenes are not gifting items. We're working on it, and should have a fix out shortly."

"Shortly" in DM world may mean a month or more.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 9, 14 12:02 PM
I am still wondering who is actually really responsible.

Ok, glitches are to be blamed on the devs.

But revamping? Or not having all HOS playable at neighbours? How far is BFG involved in these decisions? Who is deciding after all?

Just wondering...

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 9, 14 3:32 PM
Oooh just noticed a positive UPdate that I've not seen anyone else comment on. I just went to retrieve some cobblestones from my inventory and got a little box above saying how many cobblestones I had available and got to put them down one after the other without going back into the inventory and collecting each one!

This was something that had previously been suggested in the suggestions to developers thread. So thank you devs for managing a positive change and I'm hoping this means someone from the team has started reading the suggestions!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Oct 9, 14 3:44 PM
Sorry psyche, but that's not brand new ;-)

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 9, 14 3:48 PM
well there goes my only positive thought. Back to the pessimism!

Go to: