Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by catmuse1 on Oct 26, 14 11:36 PM
Really frustrated, have got to the bit with the different doors and my curser has disappeared, I have switched computer off and on again, uninstalled and reinstalled and I still have no curser. What a colossal waste of money. Fed Up!!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 27, 14 12:51 AM
I have the same very frustrating bug that others have reported. In the very last chapter, I have the Glass Box with the Plus Sign and the Glass-Cutter. The bug is that I cannot select the Glass Box from Inventory to open it with the Glass-cutter to get the Demon Symbol. I checked the SG and that's what you are supposed to do. Plus I clicked the Hint and it pointed to the Glass Box in my Inventory. The bottom line is when you click the Glass Box in inventory, nothing happens, so you can't open it. Very frustrating because I was just about to complete the game and then I was not able to.

I also saw the glitch in the opening scene where you go in and out of the house and sometimes the girl is sitting in the taxi and sometimes she's not there, but that was no big deal.

Please let us know when you fix the Glass Box bug.

(Using Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit with 4 GB of RAM.)

Thanks.

Edited on 10/27/2014 at 12:52:44 AM PST

[Post New]by woofess on Oct 27, 14 1:43 AM
same problem hint ket not working and just one page instead of book in bonus game so can't combine jeys with it.
W

[Post New]by 1on1ze on Oct 27, 14 7:50 AM
I'm at the Memory Doors sequence, door number 3. The backyard with a view on the mill. I clicked on the sparkles of the scarecrow to play the hidden object scene and there are three objects, the tomato in the can, the fork on the hat, and the binoculars around his shoulders that won't budge, although HINT tells me to pick it up. Frustrating. I see someone on windows 7 has the same problem. How do I proceed?
Mac OS 10.7.5

[Post New]by dustybritches on Oct 28, 14 5:13 PM
I finished the game no problem but not so with the bonus. I get to the part where you have to combine the occult book with the book key, but I have no book, just a note book page with occult book printed on it. Can go no further. If anyone else has had this problem and knows what to do, please let me know. Thank you

operating system is win 8.1

Edited on 10/28/2014 at 5:15:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Oct 28, 14 11:40 PM
As I posted in an earlier message, I also couldn't select the Glass Box to open it with the Box Cutter. I finally got it to work by doing the following: From the room where you have to place the Demon Sign, I went to the room on the right Then, I just started clicking on the inventory items in order. This time, the Glass Box did appear on the screen and I could open it with the Glass Cutter. I was also able to select the Locket from inventory. At that point, I was able to complete the game and the Bonus Chapter (which was very long.)

So try the above and hopefully it will work for you. Good luck, everybody.

Edited on 10/28/2014 at 11:42:21 PM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Oct 29, 14 1:06 AM
My original problem started when I purchased the game. When I went to download the full game, the game would not initialize. Tried numerous times by quitting the game manager since I didn't even have a trash can so I could delete what had been downloaded. After a few day, I tried again. This time I did have a trash can so I could delete what had been downloaded and I'm glad to say that the game finally fully loaded.
My second problem was during the bonus game, the game seemed to ignore my preferences in the options menu but it was really only when I played a hidden object scenes that I had music blaring. I always turn the music off when I am playing a game since I generally find the music distracting and/or irritating.

I also noticed one of the fishies having a problem with putting the key into the occult book. You said you still have the note with the hint to pick up the occult book....correct? This item should have been used to pick up the book and taken from your inventory. This may explain why you are experiencing this problem. The only other piece of note paper you will use is after you place the dogs head and enter the crypt. I hope you are able to complete the game. Good luck all.

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Oct 29, 14 12:32 PM
CANNOT COLLECT ALL FIVE MINERALS

I enjoyed playing this game more than any other in a long while, that is, until I arrived at about page 37 in the Strategy Guide. I played the HOS and puzzles, but did not get all my minerals rewards. I have 2 of the necessary five. I have the hammer and chisel, but only two of five minerals. I am stopped, dead in the water, right here. I will uninstall this game, wait a month or so, then download it again.

Shame on me for buying this as a Tomorrow's Game Today. They hardly ever work for me even though I am playing on an Alienware gamers' laptop.

[Post New]by random64 on Oct 31, 14 2:48 AM
greengrassyhill wrote:CANNOT COLLECT ALL FIVE MINERALS

I enjoyed playing this game more than any other in a long while, that is, until I arrived at about page 37 in the Strategy Guide. I played the HOS and puzzles, but did not get all my minerals rewards. I have 2 of the necessary five. I have the hammer and chisel, but only two of five minerals. I am stopped, dead in the water, right here. I will uninstall this game, wait a month or so, then download it again.

Shame on me for buying this as a Tomorrow's Game Today. They hardly ever work for me even though I am playing on an Alienware gamers' laptop.

Same problem here too greengrassyhill
Got 2 minerals, hammer and chisel, but can't progress.
Hint just keeps highlighting the green crystal but I can't do anything with it.
Extremely annoying

Auntydodo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Auntydodo on Oct 31, 14 3:15 AM

Same problem for me - can't progress in game because wasn't given opportunity to get rest of the minerals - playing on Mac 10.7.5

Edited on 10/31/2014 at 3:16:18 AM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Nov 1, 14 6:31 AM
Same issue with the occult book and book key in the bonus game. It won't let me combine it. Therefore I cannot finish the game. Soooo frustrating

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Nov 1, 14 4:56 PM
SAME PROBLEM WITH GLASS BOX AND THE LOCKET. I AM AT THE END OF THE GAME AND I CAN'T PLAY ANYMORE BECAUE THE GLASS BOX IS STUCK IN THE INVENTORY. THIS REALLY MAKES ME MAD! I HAVE WINDOWS 8.1. IS THIS YET ANOTHER GAME I HAVE TO RETURN? CAN'T BE ANY DOWNLOAD WE NEED AS THERE ARE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I AM NOT HAPPY!! AND I DON'T WANT TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL AND HAVE TO PLAY THE WHOLE GAME OVER AND THEN IT COULD DO THIS AGAIN! BIG FISH, FIX THIS PROBLEM.

Edited on 11/01/2014 at 4:58:39 PM PST

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by daisey88 on Nov 1, 14 6:17 PM
Can't get glass box or locket to come up. Macbook Pro OS X Yosemite

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

game bug glass box

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 2, 14 1:49 AM
Tacy8 wrote:almost to end of game. glass box can't be brought out of inventory. everything else works fine in the game and in inventory. Other people having the same problem. Using windows 7 home premium.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

game bug glass box

[Post New]by rara3462 on Nov 2, 14 1:52 AM
Tacy8 wrote:almost to end of game. glass box can't be brought out of inventory. everything else works fine in the game and in inventory. Other people having the same problem. Using windows 7 home premium.

Same here!! all this time playing and can't get to the end. And please Bigfish do not advise to reload the game I've been playing too long.

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Nov 2, 14 8:22 AM
When are the glitches going to be fixed? Weeks, Months??????

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 2, 14 10:16 AM

I am stuck here too.I tried deleting the game and reinstalling. Still have the problem.

game bug glass box

[Post New]by maxikyd on Nov 2, 14 10:39 AM

I'm having the same issue, same windows Home Premium. what can I do to finish the game?

[Post New]by cladaghdancer on Nov 2, 14 11:12 AM
Did not put the page for the occult book in place before leaving in the car to Oak St. in bonus game. I could not return to house via map because it was locked. I then could not progress in game. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by Critter64343 on Nov 3, 14 1:35 PM
I am having a problem with the crow's eye. You need to combine the Occult book and the book keys to get the ravens eye. I do not have the book, I know where the book is however I am in the bonus section and can't go back to get the book. I can't go any further with the game in the bonus area. I went into the map and it only shows where I am and where I can go, however it doesn't allow me to go back to get the book. You would think with a CE you would be able to go back. Very dissapointed. Is there any way this can be fixed?

Go to: