TGT: Detective Agency

Re:TGT: Detective Agency

[Post New]by westielover on Apr 9, 09 2:25 PM
This has got to be one of the worst HOGs ever. Obviously hasn't been checked before release. Thought BF was one of the better game sites but am beginning to change my opinion. Will have to seriously consider whether to continue my membership if I dont see a good HOG soon.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Apr 9, 09 4:03 PM
Awful game. It totally messed up my display settings when I reached the end of the free trial and I had to reset them and restart my comp. There seems to be a problem switching from full screen to windowed mode. Definitely NOT going to by this one.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Apr 9, 09 5:17 PM
Howatch wrote:I've only played for about 15 minutes, but thus far I'm underwhelmed and will be saving my next game credit for Flux Family Adventures (unless something else very interesting pops up before then).

But perhaps first impressions are hasty, so I will sit back and read what others have to say about it.

I have to agree with you. As far as HO's go it's ok if that's what you prefer, me--I like just a biiiiittttt more of a challenge!

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Apr 9, 09 7:38 PM
I solved the button puzzle!
Game's too easy for me though.

If you want to know how to solve it... highlight below.
*Spoiler
Row 1
Brown, Tan, Yellow, Gray
Row 2
Gray, Yellow, Tan, Brown
Row 3
Tan, Brown, Gray, Yellow
Row 4
Yellow, Gray, Brown, Tan

End Spoiler*

Lil_Red
Stingray
Stingray
5,319 Posts

[Post New]by Lil_Red on Apr 9, 09 7:44 PM
Played it for 15 or so minutes, was so bored, the mini games were easy, button one was the best, took me 4 minutes to solve. This is a

JMHO

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Apr 9, 09 7:50 PM
Robilyn wrote:What a nerd I am, I am all ready stuck at the buttons. Help!!! I don't know why they don't put a button on these games to skip these puzzles. If you get stuck, you have to hope someone can help you get un-stuck. Thanks

Robilyn, you can skip it, click on the Help button within the mini game and at the bottom of the help window there is a black square with "skip puzzle" written in it, if you click on that you can skip the game!

gamer1020
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gamer1020 on Apr 9, 09 7:54 PM
I'm not sure how far I'm in the game, but where I am at is missing an object called "month". I tried to use a hint, but it doesn't react at all when searching for it. So it must not be in the scene at all. I don't know what they mean by month. I also dislike the translations to English. It's like it must be done in an Asian language, because words are missing and they call things other than what they are. Like a cage being a cell. They don't know what the English word is, so they substitute one that they know. I thing that Big Fish needs to monitor these games better. The most recent games are like this.

Bobswife80
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Bobswife80 on Apr 10, 09 2:18 AM
I found the game doesn't save like it says and when I went out of the game it rebooted my computer. I uninstalled it. Hopefully they will fix it.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Apr 10, 09 3:19 AM
gamer1020 wrote:I'm not sure how far I'm in the game, but where I am at is missing an object called "month". I tried to use a hint, but it doesn't react at all when searching for it. So it must not be in the scene at all. I don't know what they mean by month. I also dislike the translations to English. It's like it must be done in an Asian language, because words are missing and they call things other than what they are. Like a cage being a cell. They don't know what the English word is, so they substitute one that they know. I thing that Big Fish needs to monitor these games better. The most recent games are like this.

The clue that says "month" refers to a yellow crescent moon that is on the top right side of the scene.

Here is a list of mislabeled items in Detective Agency:

# Ball=Basketball
# Bowl=Plate
# Bowling=Bowling Ball
# Cannon Ball=Bomb
# Cell=Birdcage
# Golf=Golf Club
# Map=Playing Card
# Medicine Box=First Aid Kit
# Month=Moon
# Oilcan= Jerry Can/ Gasoline Can
# Piece=Chess Piece
# Pipe=French Horn
# Saw=Circular Blade
# Scissors=Shears
# Sphere=Billiard Ball
# Thermos=Coffee Pot
# Wristbands=Handcuffs

Margie B

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 10, 09 3:32 AM
margie134 wrote:
gamer1020 wrote:I'm not sure how far I'm in the game, but where I am at is missing an object called "month". I tried to use a hint, but it doesn't react at all when searching for it. So it must not be in the scene at all. I don't know what they mean by month. I also dislike the translations to English. It's like it must be done in an Asian language, because words are missing and they call things other than what they are. Like a cage being a cell. They don't know what the English word is, so they substitute one that they know. I thing that Big Fish needs to monitor these games better. The most recent games are like this.

The clue that says "month" refers to a yellow crescent moon that is on the top right side of the scene.

# Ball=Basketball
# Bowl=Plate
# Bowling=Bowling Ball
# Cannon Ball=Bomb
# Cell=Birdcage
# Golf=Golf Club
# Map=Playing Card
# Month=Moon
# Piece=Chess Piece
# Pipe=French Horn
# Saw=Circular Blade
# Scissors=Shears
# Sphere=Billiard Ball
# Thermos=Coffee Pot
# Wristbands=Handcuffs

Margie B

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 10, 09 3:33 AM
margie134 wrote:

# Ball=Basketball
# Bowl=Plate
# Bowling=Bowling Ball
# Cannon Ball=Bomb
# Cell=Birdcage
# Golf=Golf Club
# Map=Playing Card
# Month=Moon
# Piece=Chess Piece
# Pipe=French Horn
# Saw=Circular Blade
# Scissors=Shears
# Sphere=Billiard Ball
# Thermos=Coffee Pot
# Wristbands=Handcuffs

Margie B

My personal favorite was ......Metre-Stick (stet) = folding ruler!

At first the translation irritated me, then it amused me. Either way, this one's a no go. Flux Family looks VERY interesting!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Apr 10, 09 9:44 AM
Hi all,

Just swimming by to drag any Detective Agency threads to their new home in the All Games forum.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Apr 10, 09 1:32 PM
This is the second game(within 2 wks)mouse floating-slow motion to load or pick up things!! Tried downloading AGAIN.....same thing. Flux family was great-no problems-good game!!! Between 2 worlds was th other game in slow motion-whats up lately????

[Post New]by ladytee20019 on Apr 10, 09 4:45 PM
I agree this is the worst HO and I'm getting tired of HOs that suck, objects that are mislabeled is bad in my book. I'm not understanding are the programmers in a rush to release a game they think is good and did not test before releasing. I really think not with object being mislabeled. I will be rethinking my membership with BF as well if this keeps up, this is the first game since Lost In The City I could actually install and play without problems.

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Apr 15, 09 4:26 PM
Adding my two cents worth. I couldn't stand this game! I played it for ten minutes of the free download, let it sit a few days, and just went back to it. I remembered why I couldn't stand it! I am a stickler for good grammar, etc., and this was just awfully translated from whatever language it started out. But I could have dealt with the language issues, if that was the only problem. I too detest the searches that give an outline or silhouette, and expect you to find it from that. I also don't like "spot the differences." And Margie's list of mis-named items didn't include Plate, which turned out to be a bowl of popcorn. Huh? So I won't be buying this one. They shouldn't bother putting it on Felix's Favorites, 'cuz Felix may be the only one who likes it!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 30, 10 1:11 AM
I played the game about 35 minutes of the demo and was undecisive, I may go back and finish and post then. I was having too many problems with the hint button as well, but noticed if the magnifying glass is close to the item it will start glowing green repeatedly, the closer I got. I also realized that some of the items were easy to find and others were very well hidden. I suppose for being the DD, the $2.99 is an okay deal. I would recommend for you all to give it a try first, for I have read some reviews and some members were having different issues with the game.
Take Care, Terry

[Post New]by visagrl559 on May 30, 10 2:50 AM
The game is running REALLY slow for me. When I would click on items, it would not let me "pick it up". Checked to see if there was a way to change settings so it would run faster, but I couldn't find it. Only played about 10 minutes, most of it trying to get it to pick up 1 item.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on May 30, 10 9:44 AM
Well, I did give it a try, but couldn't really deal with the tiny items and for some reason even looking for the regular ones made my eyes hurt. It might be a fun game but I think it needs some work, if there was a magnifier you could use that might help, still something about the whole picture bothered my eyes. I might try it again sometime in the future.

Have fun everyone!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 30, 10 11:00 AM
I tried it.....15mins.....that's about all I can say about it..not a buy for me.....

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on May 30, 10 11:04 AM
THANKS for the current reviews on the game. Not even gonna bother trying it at all. I bought the last daily deal, Autumn's Treasure, based on consumer reviews only (very positive) and hated it! So, with this one, I'll pass! Thanks for the reviews, fishies!

Go to: