allynann
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by allynann on Nov 8, 14 10:47 AM
Is this game a joke are what.I do not like games that I have to play in the dark. Elephant games. the little flashing lights, ect. its not my cup of a game. better luck next time. a no buy until you bring some light to the subject. I still love you though.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lddenman on Nov 9, 14 7:20 AM
started ok then got very slow and jerky. cannot keep playing like this. had other games that they did a fix on that played fine for me, hope they do 1 on this game

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 9, 14 3:53 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game running slowly! For those who are experiencing a black screen or other display issues, please check out the help article below for some first steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that help article doesn't quite fix things, or if you're experiencing a different issue, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by procats on Nov 10, 14 9:38 AM
I have windows 8.1 and am maybe half way through the game and was running find. Now all of a sudden it is running real jerky and slow. I have disabled all special effects, cursor and all and still running jerky. What the heck? You can't get a game to run right anymore? It either has a black screen or runs bad. It definitely is not my computer. I am up to date on all upgrades.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Nov 10, 14 10:29 AM
Can't get needle and thread just like other people.

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Nov 10, 14 12:10 PM
Thank you MARNIEROSE
I went on trying to play and in some screen shots you do get full picture
so on screens that just have scattered images had to click on hints a lot,
so I have played as best I could. a shame that you have to play this way!! but thank you for your response

pmanuel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pmanuel on Nov 10, 14 6:57 PM
Played the trial and the game moved smoothly through the scenes. However now that I've bought it, the game is jerky and moves slowly - extremely frustrating. Any ideas?

[Post New]by cadescovelady on Nov 10, 14 8:16 PM
After the disaster that this game started out as, I deleted it. I decided to reinstall it tonight to see if by any chance they had included a fix for all that dark weirdness. I did as some suggested and hit the hint button and got to and actual scene, but lo and behold, it turns out that with all the other glitches there is absolutely NO SOUND!!! I guess this one is just a great BIG BUST! Aargh!

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 11, 14 5:49 AM
I played the Demo with no problem and bought the game, I hadn't tried playing as I was playing other games, yesterday, my Nvidia graphic driver updated and when I went to play this game today it is so slow and laggy that it is unplayable. In the past with Elephant games when this happened disabling transparency in my personalization worked to fix the lag.....but transparency was already disabled!!! Now I've bought it and can't play it! Help! Please! I don't know how to roll back my driver which might fix it.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 11, 14 6:16 AM
ok, update, I figured out how to roll back my driver which I did, I tried to play again and slow again, so I restarted my computer and now it works fine. Whew!

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Nov 11, 14 7:26 AM
ok, now it works, but now I have the bear issue! I can't place the bear. I think I was able to in the demo though. Good Grief Grim! Anybody figure out how to get the bear to work?

[Post New]by Amadaun on Nov 12, 14 8:16 AM
pmanuel wrote:Played the trial and the game moved smoothly through the scenes. However now that I've bought it, the game is jerky and moves slowly - extremely frustrating. Any ideas?

I had the same issue with all the Elephant games running super slowly. Fully uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash fixed all the problems for me.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Nov 12, 14 2:20 PM
Simba2009 wrote:windows 7 and a floaty cursor as well add to that it doesn't want to go where I want it too and the game is slow and draggy as well. try unclicking the custom cursor next.

Same here! I noticed the Elephant game have had a lot of tech issues with their games coming out lately.

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Nov 12, 14 3:10 PM
IdahoDi wrote: Get your act together Elephant Games and fix stuff before you publish it.

I once emailed Elephant Games about slow game problems, saying that I loved their games but could no longer play them. The answer I got back was "We're sorry you can no longer play our games." Just that.

They don't care if they lose you.

This one had such good reviews that I decided to try it but I have the same black half-screen as others on this thread. I came here looking for a fix, if possible, but no fishies seem to have one.

Sigh. I think I'll just go look for another game by another developer. This is too much like work.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Nov 13, 14 4:50 PM
I saw there was a post about a new build and to check for an update. I manually checked and it said no updates found.

[Post New]by plukkfrid on Nov 13, 14 6:51 PM
dtouchton wrote:I saw there was a post about a new build and to check for an update. I manually checked and it said no updates found.

Same here

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Nov 14, 14 8:13 AM
Still get mostly black screen when game is opened. I did re-install twice now. I am using Windows 7. Would love to play game as it looks very interesting and I have all the other games in this sequel.

Thanks

bitsy1949
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by bitsy1949 on Nov 14, 14 9:06 PM
Still can't play after the rebuild, so hopefully the SE will be problem-free. The music in this game is beautiful though.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Nov 15, 14 5:52 AM
MODS....there is a problem with this game !

3 pages of problems ?!

BFG used to be better than this !

[Post New]by foolsmagic on Nov 15, 14 1:54 PM
this game and two others I bought last week worked really well on demo so I bought them and now all three take ages to load and when I do they are all not working right the curser just so slow impossible to play like this. I have uninstall them all seperately and reinstalled them again separately they still do not work. All my other games work perfectly strange i bought them all last sunday and they are the only ones that I cannot play this is terrible that the demos worked and the bought ones do not I see on these 3 games many of us have the same problem

Go to: