faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by faboomama on Dec 15, 14 4:46 PM
Every time a Dark Parables game pops I groan. I hate the FOGs and the morphing objects are sometimes quite tedious. But dangnabbit, I buy the CE every single time. I like the spin put on these tired fairy tales. I really like how it's become a world. That being said, this one kind of fell flat in the story arena. There's usually a lot more, but most it is just looking for keys to unlock another room where you need a key. There was no real interaction is what I'm saying. Other than that, if you played the other Dark Parable stories, you know what to expect.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Dec 19, 14 10:50 AM
I love Blue Tea games and buy every one I see. When I was first introduced to FROGs, I hated them. I now have them all.

The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide gave me more than my money's worth. It was wonderful that the extras gave me the opportunity to go back and find "ALL" the items I had missed while playing the game. There was sooooo much to do in the extras. It was like playing a full game! I figured out the gold medals and got them all. I played the extras for almost a week (extras were more fun than the game). I only missed two achievements, but intend to replay the game and try to get a perfect score, which I probably won’t get.

I never heard of Eipix, but the collaboration with Blue Tea and BF was phenomenal. I see they have other games and intend to buy one to try.
The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide definitely did not disappoint. A lot of fishes, like me, will get confused with the extras, but I loved the fact that it took me to the exact scene where the item was.

The only problem I had was with the map. It told me where there was something to do, but did not indicate all of the places I had to go to collect what I needed to complete the task. It only listed one “!” at a time, when there should have been several.

Edited on 12/19/2014 at 11:08:14 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Dec 22, 14 11:35 AM
As soon as I saw "Dark Parables" I knew I was going to buy the game without demoing it. And I did.

What is confusing me is that this game is so much shorter than the other DP games. I'm almost done and I'm not a good player and it's been about three hours. Granted, I skipped most of the puzzles but it still seems to be a lot shorter.

The graphics have actually improved. The music has badly deteriorated. I didn't expect music as great as in "Jack and the Beanstalk" but this is awful; almost to the point of annoying. If it weren't for the effects, I would actually mute the sound. And I never thought I would do that in a DP game - the music has always been one of the high points for me.

So - I am happy and disappointed at the same time.

I'm not sure what Eipix is doing here - except for their fantastic little demonstration at the beginning of their games, they don't really DO much.

Kudos for the showing up through the game.

Edit: I finished the game very quickly. I am a slow player and so I am very, very disappointed. What in the WORLD does this have to do with the fairy tale of the little princess? All I can find is that we have some mermaids. That doesn't cut it. Did the devs not read the actual story? I don't mean the movie version made by a very famous company headed by the late Walt - I don't think I'm allowed to post the name here.

Dark Parables have always been my absolute favorite games. As someone else posted, this one was butchered. The excellent graphics cannot save this series. The ending to the bonus game was abrupt and didn't make any sense. I will probably no longer purchase these games and I am considering cancelling my BF membership.

And now I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 6:13:55 PM PST

Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Dec 25, 14 9:30 PM
Just finished playing again. I don't play with the sound so I cannot comment on it, but the graphics were great and the puzzles were weird and SG not helpful there. I am a serious gamer, and I don't get why some fishes are so down on EIPIX and Blue Tea.

This is by far the best game ever. I think a lot of people missed the EXTRAS because I do not see any comments about the EXTRAS /COLLECTABLES / SOUVENIR CHEST, or the ACHIEVEMENTS.

After one finishes the game and bonus, one should Play the EXTRAS. You will be surprised at what your missed!!! The collaborative efforts of BF, Eipix, and Blue Tea produced a phenomenal game. It is obvious they put a lot of thought into this game for added enjoyment and I appreciate it and hope they do it again.

The EXTRAs let you play all of the HOPs and every puzzle at your own pace. It also lets you go back and find every item you might have missed. You can go back and find all of the parables, teacups, BF, moons, souvenir chest items, and all collectables, etc., and it even takes you to the scene where the items are. There was so much to do.

I go back and forth between achievements and the EXTRAS to see what else I can improve on and/or achieve. I found everything and even got the 19 gold medals and every star. The only thing I could not do was finish the main game in 5 hours, but I will try again at some point.

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 9:33:18 PM PST

Flashmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Flashmom on Apr 24, 15 1:45 PM
I must have a different version. When you say "NO MORPHING OBJECTS", I had one in every scene! Also, my version doesn't have CE in the title, yet after passing the main game, I opened a bonus that was almost as long as the main game!!--well, that is if a glitch ¾ of the way through didn't end it prematurely. I think it was a very good game overall. I just wish the glitches had been worked out prior to release.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 27, 15 11:05 PM
I really, really enjoyed this game and the FROGS were well done, plus all the extras
I found it to be a good length and finished before it before it became boring.
Lots to do, lots of color , a fairly good storyline and the extras were fine

out of 5 for this one

Played on desktop PC running Win.7- 64bit with no problems

Go to: