Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by hisjewel2 on Nov 18, 14 12:39 AM
christann1 wrote:Had no problems installing, even got through the demo. Purchased the game, and installed it. Can't get back into game. I click play game and then get thrown to Game Manager "play again" screen. The game won't load. I have uninstalled this game and reinstalled it twice. Does anyone check these games out before we purchase them????
I have windows 7, and have had problems like this with games in the past.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager app.

Would like to finish this game. Any advice??

Hey Christann1- This happened to me too, I also have Win7. I first turned off my computer and restarted and that fixed it right away. But now I'm having other troubles Hope you get help!
HisJewel2

Edited on 11/18/2014 at 12:41:43 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by MissyFlutterby on Nov 18, 14 5:17 AM
I'm having the same problem as Kazoole2628. When I get to Princess Daphne's room and click on the statue, my scene freezes. I'm on an iMac, running OS 10.9.5 (not quite Yosemite yet) have 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory. I changed the display aspect ratio, as suggested by BFG, and it did not solve the problem. Would REALLY like to finish this game.

[Post New]by Needles1352 on Nov 18, 14 11:43 AM
I was almost to the end of the game. I went to resume my game today and received a message that my saved game was corrupted and that I had to start all over from the beginning. What could have happened to corrupt that saved game? I don't get it. It's frustrating to have to start from square one.

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Nov 18, 14 12:24 PM
daggy_k wrote:
Eyereen wrote:I'm having the same problem as fangmcgee and others. Can't continue the bonus game because as soon as I'm in the cave, it dims and I can't click on anything. ...

This time it helped to move the game to the applications folder (from a different one I normally use).
I can only hope that nothing else got lost in the process (as it often does), especially inventory items, because then I'd have to play the whole game from the beginning again.

Maybe moving the game helps with Daphne's statue, too. It sounds quite similar to my problem.

To me, it looks like some guys/gals @ Eipix haven't heard of the Mac-concept, i.e. the users determining the structure of their directories and files all by themselves.

estobart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by estobart on Nov 19, 14 3:47 AM
Hi, Is this game only for Mac, I tried to buy it and a pop up said for mac and I was on a pc. Any ideas.

Activating the machine

[Post New]by Catalan on Nov 19, 14 5:15 AM
I am on Chapter 4 and when I try to activate the machine, I cannot click on the buttons of the pentagon. I have put it in the right place and I have the code. The cursor does not turn into a hand. It impossible to go any further in the game without this. I watched a walkthrough and in that the cursor does turn into a hand at the same point in the game so it must be an issue, possibly with my computer and OS. I have a MacBook Pro, OS 10.7.5. Any ideas?

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by shirinsaleem69 on Nov 19, 14 5:43 AM
catbag8717 wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using!

I have played four times and still can not get any further in the game. i get to chapter 4 or five i think five and still can not get the thunder element, i use hint button and it just says suppose have to move on!

I have an apple mac computer and have played a lot of collectors editions on it and is fine, but spending £10.80 on this just annoys me.

Please could you try to help me. Customer service told me to try the forum i have but i have no reply and don't really know how to use the forum.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Nov 19, 14 4:36 PM
Similar to Needles comment: I'd completed the game and the bonus chapter and was playing the "extras." I tried to play the souvenir game, and instead of loading, got the message about a corrupted profile . . . start over."
Very frustrating. I'm using Windows 7.

[Post New]by daniel94556 on Nov 19, 14 9:43 PM
muonquark wrote:
fangmcgee wrote:I have the problem of the screen dimming and then not being able to click on anything when I'm in the bonus game. Specifically, the skeleton with the shield in the Water Gate. I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite. Any suggestions? I can't proceed otherwise.

Exact same issue except I am running Mavericks. Has anyone discovered a fix? Unable to continue game at this time.
Thanks.

I am having the same issue. Running on a MacBook with OS 10.7.5

Game freezes

[Post New]by nitenurse2001 on Nov 19, 14 9:57 PM
I'm using a 2010 Mac Book Pro running Mountain Lion.

I'm having the same issue as the others about the screen going
dim and freezing in the Princess Daphne Room.

Only way out is through the map, but the rest of the game
is now pointless and cannot be completed.

If it's not fixed, I'll want a credit.

bahrnone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bahrnone on Nov 20, 14 11:35 PM
Same bonus game problem. Click on the shield but screen just dims and freezes. Same problem as: fangmcgee, Bron186, muonquark, rdefassi, debopaints, Eyereen, daggy-k, and daniel94556, and counting. I did see that possibly moving the file will fix so going to go give it a try. A very recent Mac convert so daggy-k wish me luck.
MacBook Pro - Yosemite 10.10.1

bahrnone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bahrnone on Nov 20, 14 11:59 PM
LOVE this Mac. Ridiculously easy file move to applications and it got me past that poor dead soul and his shield. Thanks so much daggy-k.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 21, 14 11:18 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to drop in and let our Mac users know that the developers are aware of the trouble that you're seeing with the game crashing and they're looking into a permanent fix.

In the meantime, as has been mentioned, this can be resolved by either uninstalling and reinstalling the game so as to have it in the Applications folder or moving the app to the Applications folder.

Please note, if moving the app is your preference, please do hold down Command to ensure that the app is moved and not copied.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by mephistopholes on Nov 22, 14 3:48 AM
I'm stuck in Princess Daphne's room - I can't water the flower or put down the small vial. So I cannot progress with the game. Running a newish MBP running Mavericks latest version.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Nov 22, 14 4:06 PM
mephistopholes wrote:I'm stuck in Princess Daphne's room - I can't water the flower or put down the small vial. So I cannot progress with the game. Running a newish MBP running Mavericks latest version.

BFG just released a new version of the game to fix that issue today (11/22/14). See the thread stickied to the top of the forum. It doesn't say if it's for PC or Mac, but hopefully they patched them both. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, then try again. Good luck!

bahrnone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bahrnone on Nov 22, 14 11:04 PM
I should be so lucky as to have the game partially load then crash. No I played the entire game, carefully collecting tea cups and moons and parables and achievements and enjoying it immensely. Then when almost to the end of the bonus game it gives me the corrupt file error and my entire profile and game progress is lost. Gone. I have never been so upset at a game EVER. What is happening here? I have played BF games for 3 years, so why now does this problem suddenly seem to be occurring, not only to me, but other surprised BF players. I am truly afraid to try any more games at this point. The frustration of losing your entire game after hours of effort is just not worth it!!! Running MacbookPro Yosemite.

[Post New]by SubaruFrog on Nov 22, 14 11:18 PM
Yay! The move to applications folder fixed it! Now I can play, looks exciting. Thanks to whoever found this fix! Macs are awesome!

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Nov 23, 14 1:41 AM
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

Same problem here and I'm running Yosemite

[Post New]by christann1 on Nov 23, 14 8:16 AM
christann1 wrote:Had no problems installing, even got through the demo. Purchased the game, and installed it. Can't get back into game. I click play game and then get thrown to Game Manager "play again" screen. The game won't load. I have uninstalled this game and reinstalled it twice. Does anyone check these games out before we purchase them????
I have windows 7, and have had problems like this with games in the past.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager app.

Would like to finish this game. Any advice??

Me again. I am still having problems with the game. I have installed several times and have restarted my computer and still can't get back into
the game.
Would like to have problem fixed or a refund! I am tired of purchasing games that don't work!

[Post New]by Mazzy_Cat on Nov 24, 14 9:37 PM
I'm on a PC. I own the game. I made it alll the way to fixing the machine, but I'm stuck. I never received the fire pendent and can not proceed. The hints give no help. I even received the staff globe twice! (It replayed the sequence with her giving me it.) I can not advance...

Go to: