FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS ( Important News For The forum)

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 6, 14 1:33 AM
The advanced search is a good idea, the problem with it is that you only see one page of it, even though there might be pages and pages. As soon as you try to go to page 2 or further it says nothing found or something like that. I think that's part of the cause for the repeated threads.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 6, 14 3:58 AM
Well we will have to get that fixed !!

My kingdom for a forum code writer, if we can put a man on the moon 45 years ago and now send people to the international space station for many months I am sure that someone somewhere can write a code to unjumble the forum,

Or am I just banging my head against a software wall????

I though someone in America could write the code we need, but if not do what most countries do, OUT SOURCE

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 4:10:13 AM PST

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Dec 6, 14 4:28 AM

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 6, 14 4:33 PM
Just wanted to let the forum users know that I heard from someone saying that a lot of forum users are telling her about my actions on this thread, and that I am trying to police the forum,

If you do have a problem with me PM me directly, and as I am only on one thread I don't see that I am posting all over and trying to shut down others ???

I am not trying to hurt anyone on this thread and I would like to know who is talking behind my back, so man up and PM me with your comments,

also if you don't like what you are reading, don't open this thread, simple

Edited on 12/06/2014 at 5:16:30 PM PST

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Dec 8, 14 1:46 PM
aussiegirl1 wrote:ReallyHelpless,

As you can see the forum is a mess with multiple threads on just about everything but the top 3 are:-

1. Unique Stamps ( they come when they come)
2. Tournaments ( also come when they come)
3. Help I'm stuck, what do I do? ( go to " helpful links for Midnight Castle")

your question on frustration about the HOS is one that needs to be defined as what exactly are you frustrated about??
Or are you just frustrated in general? doing the same scenes over and over??

hopefully this will all get sorted out and threads dedicated to certain topic will be clear and precise, and the thread we need most of all will be the VENTING PAGE

Thanks to BfgVaiya and all the mod's, I hope the this will become a better place to get answers, as my mum says " It is a good start" ( she is a Teacher)

You are perfectly right on what U say about the 3 different Areas I don’t know Y BF haven’t tried this already because all I was looking 4 a question about the Tournament.

Ria Bonus Shamrock From Ireland

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 8, 14 8:21 PM
Thanks Ria,

I have tried my best but I have done some good at least with the front page getting a clean up and also I had suggested in another thread that if BFG are going to close the game to do maintenance that maybe an envelope will appear like when a tournament is coming so players can log off and save their game, this was taken on board by BFG and I hope that some of the ideas can be implemented eventually,

I have also had some not nice news from a player that I am trying to police the forum, this was not from them but was passing along some gossip from those that seam to not like me,

So I will let this thread go for now as I seam to have rocked the boat for some, and I am sorry that some of you think that I am trying to take over the forum, THIS IS NOT MY INTENTION, as I do post on other threads I don't say the same old thing nor do I refer to this thread,

I am sorry that I have tried to do some good things for the forum, I know that in the future that the haters will still be there, but please before you judge me please look at my posts and you will see I have done only the same as most, help, vent and have fun,

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 19, 14 4:57 PM
I was just looking in the forum and what do I see 10 threads on eggs, I really do give up, as if people can't look passed the first page and see that the eggs are already up for trade or gifting,

Need to go have a lie down, someone get me a 'bex'

And I am not policing the forum, I just want people to know that if you go to a thread that is already established you will have a better chance to get what you need,

The big blue button says "Create New Discussion" Oh my loardy

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Dec 19, 14 7:39 PM
aussiegirl1 wrote:I was just looking in the forum and what do I see 10 threads on eggs, I really do give up, as if people can't look passed the first page and see that the eggs are already up for trade or gifting,

Need to go have a lie down, someone get me a 'bex'

And I am not policing the forum, I just want people to know that if you go to a thread that is already established you will have a better chance to get what you need,

The big blue button says "Create New Discussion" Oh my loardy

I think with the onslaught of spam recently, it's been very difficult to find threads, what's been posted, etc.. it only becomes clear once the moderators clean up the forum.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 20, 14 3:36 AM
Indeed, I've woken up to pages and pages of spam again today! This thread was somewhere on page 4 or 5. I'm used to the forum but others may not be, I see a lot of new people since the Christmas stuff, which is wonderful and with all the spam one can't find anything!

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 20, 14 3:47 AM
FudgeChi,

The Spammer are very annoying and it is happening nearly ever night ( for me) but I don't know what we can do but click the red i, that is all the Mod's want us to do but it can take 15 to 20 mins to do so and when you go to the front page there is more, it must be off putting to the new posters and makes my thread needed as it is hard to find the links you need

ETA:- going to bed 11.00pm Sat, hope the forum is cleaned up while I sleep LOL

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 3:56:14 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 20, 14 4:40 AM
Sleep well

Yes, very annoying. On wake up for me Yep, pressing the red ! I just do it for one post from each of the new spammers. I think once the Mods are aware of the spammers name then they can see how many posts they have posted full of spam. I just wish there was a Mod in more time zones to cover the forum 24/7.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 20, 14 4:26 PM
phattiemelt,

I am in no way mad at anyone, it is the system that is the big let down, but if people can get past the first page to see if the topic or near topic is posted maybe back four pages it may help, but if the topic has 10 threads and you can see this and to post a new thread can be not in your best interest as people are replying to the earlier threads and don't want to repeat themselves, so you will have to go to the earlier threads to get the answers you are looking for,

If the BFG system could merge threads that would solve this problem, remember 10 threads takes up the whole front page but as they are staggered over 4 pages the posters are not getting the answers they need,

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 30, 14 6:21 PM
I lust want to let posters know that the amount of repeated threads is slowing down a bit but did you all know that in the month of December there is 21 pages posted, if the mod's could delete the posts at the very beginning that are all locked threads, ( from Pages 222 ) that could free up space ??? as these threads are locked there is no use for them, and are out of date as new posters will come to the front page only,

if it is at all possible can the 'Helpful links to Midnight Castle' be more prominent, as all I seam to be reading is a new poster being told to go to that thread, whether it is for Friends code, or are stuck at some low level,

maybe if the link could come up first as they ask there question this could help all of us, we come here to get tip and tricks and not to be forum guides

Sick of wading through pages of repeated threads and some that have nothing to do with Midnight Castle,

Hope the New Year will be better

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 31, 14 1:17 PM
Hey there

I just wanted to stop by and see if I can clarify a few things.

While we would love to be able to consolidate threads on the same topic, the forum is limited in this respect. We're unable to move posts from one thread to another or merge threads, which is one reason why tech issues posted outside of the tech threads are locked. We're unable to move those posts where they need to be, but we encourage that they be reposted in the designated threads.

In addition to this, we're unable to add special formatting, such as color or font size changes, to thread titles to make them more visible. That being said, once the whole team is in, we can discuss possible options for promoting the visibility of the the Helpful Links thread.

I want to reassure you, the Mods are doing everything we can to combat the spam that's been popping up. Since we are all based in Seattle though, there are hours that we're unable to take down the spam right away. This is typically during the night, but as soon as we see spam, we clean it up right away.

I hope this helps to clarify things, but if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods!

Happy Posting!

bfgVaiya

Edited on 12/31/2014 at 1:21:33 PM PST

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Dec 31, 14 1:24 PM
aussiegirl1 wrote:Once again I come to the forum and what do I see........ the same questions asked again and again, it is getting so boring that to reply to a poster is now a waste of my time,

I will only post to help someone that has a new problem, some of the repeated threads that are here are only a page back or even a few lines down, LAZY>>>>LAZY PEOPLE,

If only people would read the forum before creating a (new) thread,

Once again the big blue button says" Create New Discussion" "NEW" not repeated as I am in a different time zone I wake up to see 2 or more pages of the same thing from yesterday
Just so you know aussiegirl1 some people are new to the forum and really do not know how it works. I being one of them. That does not make me lazy. Starting to understand how it works.

jakeybubby
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS

[Post New]by jakeybubby on Dec 31, 14 1:27 PM
aussiegirl1 wrote:Once again I come to the forum and what do I see........ the same questions asked again and again, it is getting so boring that to reply to a poster is now a waste of my time,

I will only post to help someone that has a new problem, some of the repeated threads that are here are only a page back or even a few lines down, LAZY>>>>LAZY PEOPLE,

If only people would read the forum before creating a (new) thread,

Once again the big blue button says" Create New Discussion" "NEW" not repeated as I am in a different time zone I wake up to see 2 or more pages of the same thing from yesterday
Just so you know aussiegirl1 some people are new to the forum and really do not know how it works. I being one of them. That does not make me lazy. Starting to understand how it works.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 31, 14 6:02 PM
jakeybubby,

I am sorry that you have taken offence to this thread, it is not my intention to upset new posters, if you have read all of this thread you will see I am trying to get the Mod's at BFG to see if at all possible to get the forum more streamlined, they have been great as they have cleaned up the front page and have taken a few suggestions on board,

Just like all people I am not a machine and I do get a bit cranky at times, sorry !!

I don't have a go at anyone in particular, that would be cruel, and I am not like that, I do have supporters and haters but by judging the views this thread has had I am happy that some are reading it,

maybe new posters should wear (L) plates LOL

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 31, 14 6:32 PM
I agree in theory that it would be better to have posts on the same subject matter under one thread. Better space-wise on the forum, and better for players to actually find all the info they're looking for in one spot. Here's the problem...even if the Mods could consolidate the like-minded threads, they wouldn't necessarily stay that way. Every poster would have to be vigilant about scanning a page or two of subjects in order not to create a double post (or triple, or quadruple). I just don't think that will ever happen.

I've even seen the same question asked 2 or 3 times within the same thread. Forget about expecting people to scan a page or two, some won't even read the entire thread they're posting to.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 31, 14 6:49 PM
Yes I agree with you whitebutterfly.

Funny how they don't seam to read all the thread or back one page yet they can use the 'Quote" function and use the different colours to write with ????? and pull a quote out of a post and have a go at that,

Guess I will sit back and let the inmates run the asylum LOL

mikkkepus
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mikkkepus on Jan 31, 15 6:43 PM
Now I found this at page 23 and here is a lot of valuable tips.

And to newbies like me READ THE FORUM RULES & FAQ try it and see for your self

I have a question though: Can the one who started the thread delete the whole tread?

Just wondering

Go to: