sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by sartasia on Nov 26, 14 8:28 AM
WIN8
Norton- No virus warnings

Downloaded normally but abnormally installed like a snail. Once installed I click on the game in game manager and nothing happened. I wait 5 minutes and click again. It says game is running. It is not. I reboot and try again. Same thing. I have now uninstalled the game and will try reloading it.
I beta'd this game months ago and it ran fine in test phase. Does not run in final version. I will post back with results of reload.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 10:49:34 AM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by bonggamer on Nov 26, 14 8:36 AM
belamba wrote:Game ran beautifully on my Macbook Pro running Yosemite, until 2 minutes from the end of the alternative ending when it froze. I reloaded game, and it picked up where I left off and had no more issues....phew.

Same problem. Stuck on the alternative ending - can't find the raven match! And the hint button keeps reloading without showing any solution. When you say you reloaded you mean downloaded the game? or exited the game and played the entire alternate ending again??? Please help!

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Nov 26, 14 9:13 AM
Running Windows 8.1. I have AVG Anti Virus 2014 and it didn't detect any virus. I played the demo without issue and used a free coupon to purchase it. I was so excited to be playing this game after having so many issues with other BF games lately.

When I got to the puzzle which is in the first scene of the game where you have to match 2 of a kind the game froze. I used my Task Manager to exit the game and when I went back to the game, after the first cut scene opening, I got an error that said something about my game files had been corrupted and the game had to be restarted from the beginning -- I mean choosing gender and game mode!

This is the second time I've had this problem. Earlier this month I purchased "Grim Tales: Color of Fright CE" and I was in the last chapter when my computer froze and I lost everything. Not wanting to start from the beginning I opened a ticket and received a coupon which I used to purchase this game! Now that to me is some kind of omen.

[Post New]by jjnshane on Nov 26, 14 9:18 AM
bonggamer wrote:
belamba wrote:Game ran beautifully on my Macbook Pro running Yosemite, until 2 minutes from the end of the alternative ending when it froze. I reloaded game, and it picked up where I left off and had no more issues....phew.

Same problem. Stuck on the alternative ending - can't find the raven match! And the hint button keeps reloading without showing any solution. When you say you reloaded you mean downloaded the game? or exited the game and played the entire alternate ending again??? Please help!

That is exactly where I am stuck now! I had issues with the matching pairs in the car as well, restarted my computer and it worked. I tried restarting the alternative ending again, but still got stuck trying to find the matching ravens.

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Nov 26, 14 12:32 PM
jjnshane wrote:
bonggamer wrote:

That is exactly where I am stuck now! I had issues with the matching pairs in the car as well, restarted my computer and it worked. I tried restarting the alternative ending again, but still got stuck trying to find the matching ravens.

Add me as one more who got stuck on the ravens.

Game Freezes in Safe puzzle in the house too

[Post New]by codeking on Nov 26, 14 12:37 PM
After completing around 90% of this puzzle the screen freezes and again nothing responds just like the car matching puzzle earlier in the game.

I have a friend who is running Windows Vista and has not experienced this issue I guess it is only us poor souls who have Window 7 or later.

That said, running in compatibility mode for Vista still gave me the same issue. I have never had any issue like this before with MCF games.

Please MCF I hope you are reading this forum and are looking to solve it as it is ruining my enjoyment of the game.

SqueakyP
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SqueakyP on Nov 26, 14 1:10 PM
hdnobjgamluvr wrote:
biscuitsmama wrote:My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. .

I just downloaded the game and got the same warning from McAfee. Never had that happen before

I received the same message immediately after installing. McAffee is up to date on my PC. Uninstalled and won't be reinstalling unless and until I know it's virus free.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 1:10:31 PM PST

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Nov 26, 14 2:46 PM
After reading some posts, I checked to see if I downloaded a virus with this game. And, yes, I did. I did an antimalware scan and it found a trojan and I quarentined it. I played some of the game again, and did another scan and it's gone.

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Nov 26, 14 4:34 PM
My antivirus blocked then deleted Gen:variant.zbot.7

I wasn't given a choice either.

I will try to uninstall then reinstall.

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Nov 26, 14 4:43 PM
So do we have any answers to the downloading problem? It would be nice to get an update to our queries or at the very least acknowledgment and a possible ETA for a fix.

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Nov 26, 14 4:46 PM
Oops just accidentally reported myself for being offensive

[Post New]by Angelgirlmew on Nov 26, 14 5:44 PM
Playing on iPad. I've made the bullets and moved on to the next chapter, but the map and the hints still want me to be in Derek's house and make bullets again and won't see that the task is done. The hint button and the flags on the map are now useless. I'm a bit aggravated.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Nov 26, 14 6:11 PM
Due to lock-ups/freezes, I've had to force quit at several points in the game, which is annoying but do-able. The most recent one after the museum produced this message: "Your profile has been corrupted and will be deleted."(!!!) Not ONLY that, but now my BF game manager won't even open. What's going on!?!?

maziemom
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by maziemom on Nov 26, 14 10:49 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
jojo3983 wrote:using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.

EXACTLY the same issue for me at the same spot. I had gotten to last group of pairs - coins. I can move my cursor but nothing happens, clicking does nothing, can't exit or use hint or strategy guide. Using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Me also. I thought it was just me and was coming here for advice.

ushie15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ushie15 on Nov 26, 14 11:00 PM
Stopped at matching the ravens in the Alternate Ending, too. Also, I can't pick up the little "scepter" for the figure in the long puzzle with the musical rune matching. MOST annoying.

[Post New]by avalsoraj1 on Nov 27, 14 1:19 AM
Hello, Diregrove game probably has higher demands on the operating system, so the movement is on display choppy. Can I do something to prevent? My OS is Windows 8. Thanks.

[Post New]by ADamselInDesign on Nov 27, 14 3:04 AM
Got the same Artemis trojan from McAfee as well... If anyone working for BFG figures out what this is about please let us know.

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Nov 27, 14 4:35 AM
Downloaded free trial, but as soon as it finished installing, it says "Trial Expired". With all the issues I've read through here, I'm reluctant to buy without trying the game even though I love this series. Any way I can actually get the trial?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Nov 27, 14 4:56 AM
merry49 wrote:Downloaded free trial, but as soon as it finished installing, it says "Trial Expired". With all the issues I've read through here, I'm reluctant to buy without trying the game even though I love this series. Any way I can actually get the trial?
Uninstall the game and try it again. Sometimes it works. Good luck!

[Post New]by mobiletotty on Nov 27, 14 5:31 AM
using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.

Using Vista, exactly the same for me.

Go to: