Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir here!

[Post New]by robindrake29 on Dec 9, 15 10:47 PM
A few minutes into playing the demo, this game froze for awhile and then crashed. Afterward, the same freeze-and-crash behavior happened every time I clicked Play on the main menu. I tried multiple times, experimented with settings, closed all other applications and recovered free memory before starting the game, etc. Still not getting past the Play button, so I came to this forum to look for answers.

For the sake of completeness in reporting, I created a new profile and started over, avoiding the nurses' station that seemed to be the trigger for most complaints in this thread. Eventually, however, I ran out of other things to do in the game, and I had to return to Crash Central. I was able to take the valve for the oxygen tank and use it, but when I returned to the nurses' station to look for other useful stuff, the game promptly froze and then crashed.

In every case, on my PC (running Windows XP Service Pack 3), I received the same error message:

Access violation at 0x7C81111F (tried to write to 0x00040FE4), program terminated.

Since no one in this thread has reported a successful return to the game after encountering this freezing/crashing problem, I'll stop trying to play Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir, and instead spend my time on something more likely to be enjoyable. If someone from Big Fish Games or Shaman Games (the creators of this game) wants to see a screen capture of the error message or a Dr. Felix report from my computer, I'll be glad to help.

[Post New]by LeighLindsey on Feb 8, 16 5:56 PM
Have tried to play this on free play and froze up at the nurses desk, just purchased the game thinking this would solve the issue, didn't.....still did the same thing. Very disappointed, first game I have ever purchased online!!

[Post New]by tiffkitty on Mar 26, 16 6:31 PM
freezes as soon as i try to examine the files on the desk i purchased this game frome game fools for my aspire one acer laptop. Very disappointed, first game I have ever purchased online!!

Edited on 03/26/2016 at 6:33:43 PM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 22, 16 7:12 PM
Cannot play after download. Access error. Windows XP.

mwild
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mwild on Jul 23, 16 10:18 AM
Discovered a bug in the game and cannot notify the company because I don't know how to reach them. You can never reach the achievement of finding all the diary pages because they are not all there. After 5 tries I found the reason. In the underwater sequence the diary page is "About Dogs." In the next sequence at Tim's childhood home, you get the "About Dogs" page again. Probably one of them should be the Hopelessness page. You can never accomplish all the achievements if you can't find all the diary pages and you can't find them if they're not all there.

The game did not freeze and I had no problems using Windows 10. Just disappointed that I accomplished all the achievements except one.

Edited on 07/23/2016 at 10:27:13 AM PST

Go to: