Bribling you are right, I had beta tested it and had forgotten

Thanks Gee, it is all sorted now, silly me

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:TGT: Hidden in Time - Mirror Mirror

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 18, 09 2:27 AM
Five minutes of play were enough to buy the game. Lovely intriguing plot, good graphics, no timer, and relaxed mode option - what more can a HOG ask for?

Thanks, Picman! [the usual bribe ]

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 18, 09 2:53 AM
Not quite up to a full review tonite but the short form is when I started up Hidden in Time - Mirror Mirror I thought, "Ok, well, not very interesting, "junk pile" HO, but Relaxed Mode and nice graphics and at least the story explains the "junk pile"... BUT after getting into it a bit I see there's much more with hidden clues and interesting minis and lots of story. So bought it about 1/2 hour into demo and the fact that it's a Felix Fave is nice cherry on top. I believe that's my mouse pad...

So with the caveat I've only just begun playing I give it a guarded Poodlebear Approved and one of these:

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 18, 09 2:53 AM
Well I have to say I am enjoying this game too and have bought it before the demo time was up.

Thanks Picman, one more towards the key ring.

I had a bit of difficulty seeing the objects at the back of the gate to start with but tilting the top of the monitor towards me made the items so much clearer. ( . I can't believe I've never tried this before : instead of standing up and pressing my nose to the screen with a magnifying glass between us LOL . Will have to go back and play all the other games I had trouble with )

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 2:58:14 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 18, 09 2:56 AM
Oh, and wanted to say *very* cool this is a local developer and that this is there first go! I look into my Magic Mirror and see very good things for them in the future...

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Apr 18, 09 3:12 AM
Playes 30 mins and bought it , brilliant

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 18, 09 3:14 AM
I was so hoping I would find this game interesting, but alas, I did not. Sorry.

* The graphics / picture quality really turned me off the most. Kind of fuzzy & cheap looking.
* I only had to use 3 hints and that was to find HO's that didn't look like they were supposed to. ie: It asked for a "gem" which I couldn't find. The hint revealed an item that I thought was a cheeseburger!
* HO's not hard to find since most of them are right in front of your face & easy to spot (altho fuzzy).
* HO's didn't really fit into a deserted castle theme. They also didn't move (from what I could tell) when you had to repeat a room.
* I only found 2 "mini games" or puzzles which were very, very easy. In my 1 hour the same 2 puzzles repeated themselves.
* The "Find The Differences" scenes were incredibility easy to the point of being silly.
* The sound that comes up when you find a HO got kind of annoying.
* The story seems Ok, but nothing to keep me intested.
* For me, I suspect the game will seem short in length since I could breeze through it.

Overall -

for poor graphics / picture quality
for being way, way too easy
for repeat mini games that were too easy
for HO's that were not very well hidden
for the silly FTD's scenes
for being repetitive as far as game play overall

for untimed mode
for the abundance of hints (altho too many for me which I didn't need to be reminded of every time I did a FTD's scene)

I actually got bored & lost interest after about 30 minutes, but stuck it out. So for me it's a no buy.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 18, 09 4:14 AM
The game crashed when I tried to go to the gate a second time. I found it pretty easy too. Strange items! 'Goose decoy'???

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 18, 09 4:46 AM
Won't download for me, but--This is strange...I usually can't download the TGT early in the day. (7:30 am here).

If I wait til later in the day, or even tomorrow, it downloads easily. I wonder why? This is like the 8th or 9th time it has happened.

Of course, that does nothing for my impatientness!

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Apr 18, 09 4:50 AM
I too was very bored after about 30. I didn't want to finish the demo. Bummer. I don't care for these types of "sketchy graphics", and it was just too easy.
As scotcat said...I'm sure I would breeze through this in one sitting. Think I'm really spoiled by the HO/Adventure ones like Flux, Serpant, Treasure Masters, Magic ency. etc. Oh well...have fun to those who love it!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 18, 09 5:49 AM
I did the beta test for this, and only left 15 minutes of the trial. From what I can tell in the short time I'm allowed, the developer didn't fix any of my complaints.

I'm putting it on my "if I'm desperate" list.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Apr 18, 09 6:22 AM
I don't normally like HO games, but this one was OK. I played the demo (in relaxed mode, with my monitor's brightness wound way up) without noticing how the time was going.

This could go on my 'games of interest' list.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 18, 09 6:29 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I did the beta test for this, and only left 15 minutes of the trial. From what I can tell in the short time I'm allowed, the developer didn't fix any of my complaints.

I'm putting it on my "if I'm desperate" list.

I don't know why I beta test games either. They never fix any of my complaints. I guess I come in at a point where they just want to know if you will buy it or not. Either that or some developers just don't care to fix the problems. I wish I could beta test from the very begining of the beta time.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 18, 09 6:39 AM
LOL Scotcat! Your reviews are always a nice compliment to Poodle's. What you find "Too Easy" I usually find "Easy". What you find "Easy" I find "Challenging". What you find "Challenging" I find "Near Impossible"!

This is a failrly Easy game. I did find the darkness in the opening scene difficult. Later I found a black set of chopsticks in a dark spot, used the Hint to get 'em.

The Key and mirror Hunt saves this from being just another junkpile game. I have only just finished the Demo so am not too far along. I found the minis easy but I am hoping they will get tougher. You can Skip if you want.

I am left wondering what the "Mirrored" option will be like. I suppose that will not be unlocked until I have played all the way through. It will probably make the game more challenging but i will have to wait on that.

I bought it but, so far, am not really enthused. If not for the April Promo, this would have remained on my "Save for a Drought" list. It's an OK game so far but not a "Thrill" for me. Of the HOGs we have had lately, I like "Roseclif" best and it isn't on the favorites list

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Apr 18, 09 6:46 AM
Anybody having ttrouble with "Hidden in Time-Mirror Mirror" freezing up and having to reboot on every scene??

Bengalcats
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,195 Posts

[Post New]by Bengalcats on Apr 18, 09 6:49 AM
Thank you, Picman, for the great recommendation. I have downloaded it and am looking forward to playing it

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 18, 09 6:53 AM
Sometimes developers DO fix my beta test complaints. Robinson Crusoe fixed the black chess piece in the black shadow, changing it to a brown chess piece, for one example.

When I did the beta test for Mirror Mirror, you could choose mirrored without having to unlock it first. At that time at least mirrored mode just took each of the scenes you get get and changed it to the mirror image of the scene. It's not harder unless you are looking for clues that have text on them, but unless your brain is wired up a certain way it's as if you get halfway fresh scenes to solve. I had asked for an option that would give you regular or mirrored randomly during the same adventure - because that would be a bit more variety. I also suggested several other things that I didn't see fixed, such as the difficult-to-read font for the story line.

Since I did end up buying "Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun" odds are I'll finally end up buying this one too. It seems about the same general level of "fun". I do enjoy the minigame with the beam of light that you have to reflect into the mirror.

Edited on 04/18/2009 at 6:55:55 AM PST

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on Apr 18, 09 7:05 AM
I really don't see what all the excitement is about, the game is really easy, not much hidden around to find, everything is laying out in front of you.

The game does not look like it is very long, I have played about 30 min and have been in 5 rooms already and there is not a lot of rooms left but who knows what they will bring.

The one thing that made me laugh was the sounds the animals make in each picture when you click on them. The first one I clicked on was the cat and it scared the crap out of me, I thought I had rolled over one of my cats with my computer chair, after I got my heart started again. I realized it was the cat in the game that has screamed.

Not sure about buying it yet, I will finish the other 30 min and check this thread to see if I missed someones comment as to the length of the game.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 18, 09 7:10 AM
I've just done a second beta test for a match 3 game. Very impressed with the thoroughness of the creators. But not surprised because I've bought all their hidden object games through BF because they are so beautiful and have excellent replay value.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 18, 09 7:12 AM
The game has 20 rooms and since you do revisit some of them it should have a decent length to it. I did enjoy the animal noises. At first I didn't know where it came from (a duck sound). Clicked in the same spot again and found I was clicking a duck (dark color blended in with background so I didn't know that's what it was). Cute bonus!

Go to: