Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier C

[Post New]by inlilysmind on Dec 17, 14 9:21 AM
Wrazzled wrote:
inlilysmind wrote:for me it worked fine until I decided to unlock it and buy the full game..now it crashes all the time I try to play with it. I have yet to try any of the full game features. is there a way to fix this? I have already tried to re-install the app (playing from an iPad)

Hello and welcome to Big Fish. Here are some of the things I do to maximize my iOS devices' ability to function well. Anytime I either download or delete a gig of whatever, I turn off my iPad. If I am downloading more, I do what Apple suggests, a simple reset. First put your iPad into Airplane Mode. Then hold down the on/off switch and the home screen button simultaneously. I usually count just to see how long it takes as it varies. Hold both down until the Apple logo comes up and release them. It will then restart.

I always play my games in Airplane Mode and always turn off all other apps in the multitasking bar. I keep at least 20% of my iPad's usage free, do not know if this helps or not .

I virtually never try the re-install though BF likes to suggest it. If you are still having problems after doing what I suggest, good luck! I played the iPod version on my iPad 5/Air 1 using 7.1.2 and only had one crash and that was in the bonus game. Luckily, the game restarted, and I did not lose my progress.

Edit: Punctuation!

thank you so much for the advice, I'm trying right now. I'll let you know how it goes

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE her

[Post New]by Dhenzey on Dec 17, 14 11:59 AM
Like two other people above, I am stuck in chapter 2. I can't get the magic out of the tree in the front yard. I am using iPad Air with latest IOS. Is there any tip to do this? The tree appears to be too far off the right side of the screen compared to your screenshots from strategy guide.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE h

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 18, 14 1:00 PM
The fact that the game can't be played at the most difficult level by anyone should alert BFG and the developers that there is a problem with the game. No Dr. Felix or anything else should be required as this is easily recreated.

This is yet another stall on another game by BFG and the developers to do nothing whatsoever to fix a bug in a game that they deem playable without all the features represented.

And this is yet another representation of what this company has come to, since they have a financial interest in the developer.

Customer service comes at a price, but not one so precious as taking time away from a profitable developer.

Edited on 12/18/2014 at 1:03:49 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE

[Post New]by Dhenzey on Dec 18, 14 1:04 PM
Hespera wrote:The fact that the game can't be played at the most difficult level by anyone should alert BFG and the developers that there is a problem with the game. No Dr. Felix or anything else should be required as this is easily recreated.

This is yet another stall on another game by BFG and the developers to do nothing whatsoever to fix a bug in a game that they deem playable without all the features represented.

And this is yet another representation of what this company has come to, since they have a financial interest in the developer.

Customer service comes at a price, but not one so precious as taking time away from a profitable developer.

And this is why I keep getting refunds and uninstalling games.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier

[Post New]by inlilysmind on Dec 18, 14 1:25 PM
inlilysmind wrote:
Wrazzled wrote:
inlilysmind wrote:for me it worked fine until I decided to unlock it and buy the full game..now it crashes all the time I try to play with it. I have yet to try any of the full game features. is there a way to fix this? I have already tried to re-install the app (playing from an iPad)

Hello and welcome to Big Fish. Here are some of the things I do to maximize my iOS devices' ability to function well. Anytime I either download or delete a gig of whatever, I turn off my iPad. If I am downloading more, I do what Apple suggests, a simple reset. First put your iPad into Airplane Mode. Then hold down the on/off switch and the home screen button simultaneously. I usually count just to see how long it takes as it varies. Hold both down until the Apple logo comes up and release them. It will then restart.

I always play my games in Airplane Mode and always turn off all other apps in the multitasking bar. I keep at least 20% of my iPad's usage free, do not know if this helps or not .

I virtually never try the re-install though BF likes to suggest it. If you are still having problems after doing what I suggest, good luck! I played the iPod version on my iPad 5/Air 1 using 7.1.2 and only had one crash and that was in the bonus game. Luckily, the game restarted, and I did not lose my progress.

thank you so much for the advice, I'm trying right now. I'll let you know how it goes

tried several times, but still having the same issues thank you anyway though.
it made me play again from the beginning when I get to the magic shop I unlock the game and it immediately crashes me out.

Wrazzled
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier

[Post New]by Wrazzled on Dec 18, 14 3:16 PM
inlilysmind wrote:
inlilysmind wrote:
Wrazzled wrote:

it made me play again from the beginning when I get to the magic shop I unlock the game and it immediately crashes me out.

Thanks for reporting back. I am sorry it did not work! You can try CS here or contact iTunes for a refund. CS here is under "Get Help" at the bottom of the page. You should get an auto-response quickly, check your spam if it does not show up, but I doubt that they can help, but you never know!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldie

[Post New]by inlilysmind on Dec 19, 14 11:21 AM
Wrazzled wrote:
inlilysmind wrote:
inlilysmind wrote:
Wrazzled wrote:

Thanks for reporting back. I am sorry it did not work! You can try CS here or contact iTunes for a refund. CS here is under "Get Help" at the bottom of the page. You should get an auto-response quickly, check your spam if it does not show up, but I doubt that they can help, but you never know!

thank you again. ^.^

PMcOuntryGirl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE her

[Post New]by PMcOuntryGirl on Dec 19, 14 4:34 PM
Is this game not compatible with XP? It keeps freezing and crashing.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE he

[Post New]by sleeplessinAZ on Dec 19, 14 11:57 PM
OK...I found my issue in a post on Access Error that was locked as a tech issues that should have been posted here. Problem being is I got the access error tiring to put the heart together using Charlie when in fact I should be going to the clock tower to find the other half of the heart but when I try to go to the clock tower it says I need a weapon before I enter. When I use the hint it directs me to the tower door. I can't find where I should be picking up a weapon and the strategy guide says nothing about a weapon only to pick up Ole which I have done.

Do I have a tech issue or did I miss a step I haven't found in the strategy guide?
I am playing in casual mode on Windows 7

My Bad...the Tech issue was the operator not the game!!! I reread the strategy guide for the umpteenth time and found out what I wasn't getting. Now on to the bonuses.

Personally I think there is some skimping on what's in the new game strategy guides that leads some of us to think we have a tech issue. They use to write in everything now they are leaving a lot of gaps that makes you have to think and work harder and unfortunately it's easy to blame it on a issue that isn't there.

Edited on 12/20/2014 at 1:56:47 AM PST

Book on the desk mini-game

[Post New]by LaVonNadine on Dec 20, 14 12:22 AM
kaitlinn wrote:In the game with the book on the desk by the tree in the second scene, the push buttons don't work in Nutcracker (hard) mode - you need to switch to an easier mode (i.e. Charlie mode) in order to push the buttons and open the book. Then you can place Charlie and continue...

I figured this out, too. This is the first time I ever bought a collectors' without testing it first and this is a massive bug for a person uninterested in playing in modes lower than hardcore.

Hespera wrote:The fact that the game can't be played at the most difficult level by anyone should alert BFG and the developers that there is a problem with the game. No Dr. Felix or anything else should be required as this is easily recreated.

I fervently hope you're wrong, Hespera. I will turn in my Dr. Felix, request an update to the game, and if I can't eventually customize play I'll ask for a refund.

amarisse wrote:For the person having issue iwith skip button being over buttons in 2nd room, I had to uncheck both widescreen/fullscreen and then it fixed the location so i could play.

Thanks for this tip amarisse; alas, it didn't work for me. I unchecked both and kept one at a time unchecked to no avail...

Edited on 01/09/2015 at 11:49:19 PM PST

[Post New]by toomanycats on Dec 20, 14 9:21 AM
I had a bad feeling about this game, and bought it anyway. I am stuck talking to the toymaker and cannot get past him to get the cabinet handle or ingredients list. It just loops back to him and the same two conversation topics. They both say press to continue but when I do it just loops again. The guide is worthless. Anyone else have this issue or am I just missing something. I already have the ingredients. Maybe that is the problem?

[Post New]by sleeplessinAZ on Dec 20, 14 5:39 PM
I had that issue and I missed that in the upper left side of the screen there are questions to ask Ole and until you have asked them all you can't move forward.

This seems to be a new feature for Elephant games, you can ask the questions in any order you chose but you have too asked them all. I'm thinking it's a new way for you to feel you are involved, as this is the second time I have had this in a new Elephant game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: Hans Christian Andersen's Tin Soldier CE he

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 22, 14 2:00 AM
sheepgirl wrote:THIS GAME IS COMPLETE RUBBISH, stalls, glitches and generally I feel that I have been royally ripped off.

Now completely stuck and it's at the same place that everyone on the forum has listed.

DO SOMETHING BF or you have lost a valuable customer. And NO....I WILL NOT download your silly little fix-it checker either....for you to tell me what I already know!

I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW BF!!!

Just because you can't play without issues, it doesn't mean the game is 'complete rubbish'. It plays flawlessly on my desktop PC; no glitches, bugs, stalls and it's not slow either.

Have you considered that it may be an issue with whatever device you are using to play this game?? If you don't send in a Dr Felix, BFG can't help you.

[Post New]by starshine1ca on Dec 24, 14 9:25 AM
Has anyone missed catching the KITE in the Finale Chapter? It floated away and when I checked the walk-through, I was supposed to grab it. now it is nowhere to be found. Anyone else have this happen? Ahhhh! lol

[Post New]by Monsterchloe on Dec 28, 14 6:02 AM
pagantomb wrote:Can't seem to get ANYTHING from the toy maker. Strategy guide says to talk to him but nothing happens when I do.

I cant get anything from the toy maker either.. i really would like to get further than chapter two!

[Post New]by chattygranny on Jan 1, 15 3:57 PM
I had downloaded free trail then just today bought game. Downloaded it twice and after it was done and said activated tried to load and will not come up. takes me to screen that says play again and click it and still will not bring game up at all. Even tried Icon on my window screen and still nothing!! What is happening!! Why was I able to play the trial with no problems but when I bought it and re downloaded twice, will not open the game.

amarisse
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amarisse on Jan 3, 15 7:01 AM
For the person having issue iwith skip button being over buttons in 2nd room, I had to uncheck both widescreen/fullscreen and then it fixed the location so i could play.

[Post New]by Tlm186 on Jan 3, 15 7:02 PM
I am not able to access the inventory at all, I can .place items in there but not able to take items to use them. How can I save the nutcracker when I can't use the scissors in the inventory. Please help

PMcOuntryGirl
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by PMcOuntryGirl on Jan 7, 15 10:24 AM
If anyone else is having trouble on XP, update your Flash and Java and you should have no problems. Was able to complete the game w/o any bugs after I did that.

Go to: