Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here!

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Dec 7, 14 7:01 PM
I have managed to finish the game. The main problem IMO is that the game doesn't flow well and the map is not the greatest. Many times when I used hint and was direct downward until it wouldn't go any further I had to go thru Strategy Guide........twice I'd found I'd missed large portions of what I was supposed to do. Had to go back to complete that before I could move on. Some times when cursor pointed down as hint, it really meant there was something to do in wagon. As for the cocoon, it was on down at the bottom of the screen on the left side.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here!

[Post New]by xenawonderwoman on Dec 7, 14 7:30 PM
Problem with the hook and strap combination in the burning church. This disappears after I combine them and now I'm stuck! Help!!

sammiJ
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sammiJ on Dec 7, 14 7:50 PM
Stuck in Bathory House, hint shows to caravan to make the potion but I don't have the cocoon!!! So I'm stuck since I cannot move backwards to the monk!! Very frustrating game, and I was having so much fun!!

Suzzzzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzzzz on Dec 7, 14 9:21 PM
I have the cocoon, but not the recipe. Without the recipe I can't make the potion. Neither hints or guide are any help. Stuck and don't want to start over.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

vampire legeds glitches

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 7, 14 11:05 PM
Blitzmiz wrote:My advice to anyone buying BigFish games is never to buy them when they just come out. Nor to update "free to play" (haha) games as soon as the update is out. Their programming and testing is now so buggy and unreliable, and their customer service so dire that by far the safest thing to do is take a note of games you want, then wait a couple of months till the bugs are worked out. Same with the "free to play" updates such as found - never ever update as soon as the update is out. Just saying - it's good advice.
They never fix games that don't work properly. I have a list with 12 games on it And the games came out at the beginning of the year. They are still not fixed. My advice is to contact CS so they can get the ball rolling.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Dear Developers,

[Post New]by pgillenw on Dec 8, 14 12:47 AM
Please figure out how to increase your load and save data time. I had to muster all the patience within me to stick with the game. Looking over some of the issues reported here you have some belt tightening to do on the programming level.

I am a 'sucker' for vampire game themes. Overall I truly enjoyed the game and look forward to the sequel.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Dec 8, 14 1:36 AM
I realize this is probably a stupid question but I'm gong to ask it anyway. Has this silly thing been fixed yet?

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 8, 14 3:04 AM
Althena533 wrote:I realize this is probably a stupid question but I'm gong to ask it anyway. Has this silly thing been fixed yet?

Unless you see a post from a mod entitled "New version" or a game update appears in Game Manager, no.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 8, 14 7:20 AM
Stuck in the courtyard with the crazy woman in red. I didn't get the wind up for the crossbow and I can't advance. I can't even go back because the frigging map is GONE. I have had it with this game. Off to contact CS for a refund. These game not working and not getting fixed is so wrong. Before BFG was on top of these games. We never had any problems and if we did they were fixed right away. We need the old BFG crew back. I hope this new company shakes the tree. Because this joint is falling apart.

[Post New]by waypissedoff on Dec 8, 14 7:24 AM
i am having the same problem cant go down please fix this bigfish

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vampire Legends: The Untold Story of Elizabeth Bathory CE here

[Post New]by Robilyn on Dec 8, 14 7:32 AM
waypissedoff wrote:i am having the same problem cant go down please fix this bigfish
If it is the crypt scene I posted the solution on page 2 here in the tech thread. If you are stuck with the crazy lady in Red good luck. I am getting a refund.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Dec 8, 14 7:43 AM
My map button has quit working. When I click on it, my game freezes. If I hover over it, it says something like "wagon pieces." The hint button is a joke. It doesn't point out what to do next; it just points out if there's an action pending in the screen you're on, even if you don't have the tools to perform it. It is very frustrating!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 8, 14 8:35 AM
I also had the problem with the bottles in the cupboard. The mouse just vanished when I tried to sort them. I had to back out to restore the mouse, move one bottle, re-enter, move a bottle, back out again, etc.

But my biggest problem is with the Abbot. The Abbot didn't give me the ancient scroll and the typeset letters. I can't progress without them, and clicking on the abbot doesn't do any good. If I want to finish this game, I'm going to have to start all over again--for the second time.

(By the way, the first time around, the Abbot failed to give me the pharmacy key. The Abbot seems to be particularly buggy.)

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Dec 8, 14 10:23 AM
"But my biggest problem is with the Abbot. The Abbot didn't give me the ancient scroll and the typeset letters. I can't progress without them, and clicking on the abbot doesn't do any good. If I want to finish this game, I'm going to have to start all over again--for the second time. "

I'm having the same problem, can't progress without the key and scroll....

[Post New]by jazz25 on Dec 8, 14 11:03 AM
problems with the broom head. Impossible too pick it up. I tried the game twice with different name ... same problem. What should I do????

[Post New]by ibbuckeye on Dec 8, 14 2:23 PM
my tech issues. first time got to chapter 8 ... pulled rug tried for locket ... restore a picture popped up and then was gone and scene locked. no lock of hair and winding wrench was gone from inventory. deleted profile uninstalled reinstalled and started over with new profile. got as far as chapter 5. used chalk salt and 5 amulets. circle closed and would not reopen to place the remaining items.
i paid for the game and liked the game but obviously has glitches. please issue a credit for a ce game.

thanks
using mac mini

[Post New]by katyabg on Dec 8, 14 8:29 PM
Well, my issue is that it says it is "Saving Game Data ... Please Wait" so I wait, and wait, and wait some more and it finally seems to be done then, surprise ... it did NOT save the game! No matter how far I am in the game, every time I come back in I have to start over from the very beginning.
Any ideas?

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Stuck in Courtyard

[Post New]by Hapless on Dec 9, 14 2:59 AM
I am having the same problem as Robilyn because I haven't got the bolt for the crossbow and it wont let me go back,

I was enjoying the game and hope they get it fixed soon.

Linda

Eyereen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Eyereen on Dec 9, 14 5:52 AM
This game is so poorly compiled, it has glitches over glitches. What a waste of my good money. As this is happening quite often lately, I think I'm going to quit altogether with BFG. At least they should include the developer in the description of games, so that one can know which game to avoid!

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Dec 9, 14 6:03 AM
nashira wrote:Having the same issue as violetsue. Can't go down to start the crypt chapter. Please advise. Thanks!

Go to: