eskarina_
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Christmas Pets.. What they Eat.. What They Bring

[Post New]by eskarina_ on Dec 13, 14 8:54 AM
does someone know which christmas pets eat simple or special food?

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 13, 14 8:57 AM
Simple: White Bear (6 bags) & Snowman (3 bags)
Special: Penguin (5 bags)

Edited on 12/13/2014 at 8:58:42 AM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 13, 14 8:58 AM
Little White Bear - 6 Simple Food
Funny Yeti - 5 Rare Food
Well-Dressed Snowman - 3 Simple Food
Joyful Penguin - 5 Special Food
Santa's Reindeer - 4 Unique Food

eskarina_
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by eskarina_ on Dec 13, 14 9:08 AM
thank you both!

have you experience from the penguin?

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 13, 14 9:12 AM
I only recently hatched the Xmas pets (all at the same time), so I haven't fed them many times yet. From the penguin I've gotten one silver chest from Castle Vicinity and one iron/rusty/bronze chest from the Mirror Lake

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 13, 14 9:16 AM
fabulaparva wrote:I only recently hatched the Xmas pets (all at the same time), so I haven't fed them many times yet. From the penguin I've gotten one silver chest from Castle Vicinity and one iron/rusty/bronze chest from the Mirror Lake

You've done it!!! WTG!

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 13, 14 10:01 AM
Thank you, Fudge! It's been a good day in the castle, I guess the game felt bad after glitching even more of my HOS (didnt even notice when it happened, I thought I had had my eye on the timer but only 8 out of 41 are now NOT glitched), so the cards were practically raining late last night.

Anyway. Reindeer's so far the best pet/bet. Still haven't tried that one too many times either, but Gold has been seen...

Edited on 12/13/2014 at 10:03:50 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 13, 14 10:21 AM
OH NO Not the dreaded glitch again I am SO SO sorry They have got to get it fixed! My timer has stopped at least 3 times in the past few day but thankfully I was only collecting snowflakes and noticed it from the Daily Quest timer being stood still. It's SO hard no matter how much you keep an eye on that timer. If they ever fix this bug, which is getting worse, then we can be happy again.

The reindeer is by far the best Keep using him just in case they up what he eats to a higher number after Christmas, you never know!!!!

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Dec 14, 14 10:22 PM
I'm getting a gold chest just about everywhere with my reindeer. So far:
Castle Vicinity
Forbidden Tower
Pond
Ancient Park
Rune Garden
Tavern

My penguin has given me 2: Treasury, Tavern (Tavern was mostly stamps and a purple diamond).

Yeti and Snowman have only given me rust. I don't have the bear yet.

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 15, 14 3:42 AM
Thank you for the sympathy, Fudge! I'm staring at the daily quest timer like a hawk now.

After a few more trials with the Christmas pets, I have to say that Yeti and Reindeer are pulling their sleighs well.

Reindeer: 3 x Gold (Ice Rock), 2 x silver (Rune Garden)
Yeti: 3 x Gold (Rune Garden), 1 x Gold (Castle Vicinity), 1 x rust (Ice Rock)
Penguin: 1 x silver (Castle Vicinity), 1 x silver (Ice Rock), 1 x rust (Mirror Lake)
Snowman: 1 x silver & 1 x rust (Ice Rock)
Bear: 2 x silver (Ice Rock)

Quite often the Gold chests have had 1 or 2 unique stamps in them.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 15, 14 4:14 AM
My Reindeer sucks, nothing but rusty chests, all the other Christmas pets have done very well, Yeti:- 3 gold & 3 silver.......

Penguin:- 2 gold, 1 silver & 2 rusty......

Snowman:-3 gold, 1 silver & 5 rusty......

LW Bear:- 1 gold & 1 silver......

Reindeer:- 1 gold, 3 silver & 2 rusty, so the Reindeer did get me a gold but it was terrible, may as well been rusty,

But I must admit these pets are better that the normal pets, less to feed and better rewards, just over 50 gold chests so half way to the Pirate Girl Avatar

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 16, 14 8:47 AM
I'm sure I'm hallucinating, and I haven't even touched the eggnog. I remember someone mentioning that they look to see where their pets look "happy" to decide when to feed them. I have the White Bear active, and when I got to town he looked over at me an nodded his head, and I got a gold chest! It's only the second time I've fed him so I don't know if he's planning on doing this more often, but I know who I'll be watching when feeding time comes around again!

Vstromval
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Vstromval on Dec 16, 14 10:12 AM
Jealous or what? I only get food and a stamp from the airship. My yeti is a good worker though - three gold, one silver and one rusty so far. Reindeer is good too - two gold and one rusty. Can't get the cards to craft any of the others! It's all grwat fun though!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 16, 14 4:48 PM
OMG, he did it again! Looked at me next to Franmar, nodded, and gave me a gold chest. Two in one day, and I haven't had that many in well over a month! The yeti gave me another rusty, but with the bear being easy to please I don't care!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 16, 14 6:10 PM
I have got to try that Rosie........my bear has given me NOTHING!! The reindeer has been very very good to me...........I needed 41 gold chests to get that pirate girl achievement.........in 1 week that reindeer has given me 35! So down to 6 chests left, so of course no gold chests in three days. I am so close!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Dec 16, 14 6:42 PM
Got my fingers and toes crossed for you. I'm one green card short of crafting the snowman so all I've been seeing is red and blue, but of course not enough for either the penguin or reindeer. Maybe tomorrow with luck, and a few more ornaments!

[Post New]by Mossfyre on Dec 16, 14 7:08 PM
I have plenty of extra Christmas Pet eggs and cards. I will gift. My ID is 56350

ladyjake
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ladyjake on Dec 16, 14 10:58 PM
So far I've used the reindeer, yeti, snowman and penguin and I've been moving around to feed them. They have all done pretty well except the reindeer was feeling off yesterday and he found a lot of rusty ones. I kept a list of who got what but promptly lost it, of course. I also heard about them looking happy. I also heard that the double blink or tap of the broom are good to look for. I watch for them and I do seem to get silver or gold but I couldn't swear that they work. The reindeer brought me rusty no matter what I did.

Go to: