Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by mreedhead on Dec 31, 14 5:57 PM
Just posting here so I know when the update is available.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by writergrrl on Jan 1, 15 12:10 PM
I'm also on a Mac and the game quits for me after selecting the difficulty level, just as it's about 40% loaded. Hoping to see a fix posted soon! Part of me wishes I'd read this thread before purchasing but, since this is one of my favourite series, I would rather be able to play the game than get a credit.

Omachka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here

[Post New]by Omachka on Jan 3, 15 12:41 AM
writergrrl wrote:I'm also on a Mac and the game quits for me after selecting the difficulty level, just as it's about 40% loaded. Hoping to see a fix posted soon! Part of me wishes I'd read this thread before purchasing but, since this is one of my favourite series, I would rather be able to play the game than get a credit.

That was my issue too and after working with tech support (who was great, by the way) the problem was that the game was installed in a folder within the applications folder. It needed to be in the application folder directly. I just dragged the game out of the folder I had it in to my applications folder and then went to my big fish games app to options and under downloads had it search for games in the application folder. Once I did that the game loads and runs fine for me. I don't know why it wouldn't work in my bf games folder like all my other games do but I'm glad it's sorted out and I can play it now. Hope you have good luck like I did. This game is really fun!

[Post New]by tvnftpierce on Jan 3, 15 5:34 PM
I have run into a game-stopping issue in the Mac version of this game. In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, the scene starts to expand on the statute but then stops expanding and looks a bit dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

I am using an iMac running OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1

Same problem here as many others have written. Are these games beta tested before release? Very frustrating...

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide her

[Post New]by heathergrll77 on Jan 5, 15 8:37 AM
dndgirl wrote:I have run into a game-stopping issue in the Mac version of this game. In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, the scene starts to expand on the statute but then stops expanding and looks a bit dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

I am having the same issue with my MAC. I am running the same OS. I have contacted the support team a few times, for a couple of other games, with no reply.

Edited on 01/05/2015 at 8:40:40 AM PST

Tech Issues

[Post New]by Carcanholas on Jan 5, 15 4:12 PM
still no solution?
i have bought this today and run into this...as soon as you saw that the game wouldn't work correctly you should have made it unavailable to purchase...it's very upseting that you spent money in a game, when you could have bought one which worked perfectly with no such thing as a warning to this.
So, my first purchase in Bigfish and i'm stuck with a game that doesn't work.
Sincerely, very bad impression here.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here

[Post New]by Calio79 on Jan 6, 15 5:28 AM
dndgirl wrote:I have run into a game-stopping issue in the Mac version of this game. In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, the scene starts to expand on the statute but then stops expanding and looks a bit dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

Me too. Also, at a point in the game that's at least 3/4 done and you really need to give Princess Daphne her sceptre and nothing else can be done, the hint button stops working - just tells you to move on. I have played it twice to this stage and the same thing has happened both times. I have a Macbook running on OS X Yosemite also. Sad face.

[Post New]by 4wonderland2 on Jan 6, 15 2:22 PM
In Princess Daphne's Room there is a statue where one is supposed to place the Floral Crown and Floral Baton. However, when I click on the statue, everything turns dark. Clicking on the statue does nothing and the only way out of the scene is to click on the map and go to another location. I have tried restarting and then even deleting and re-installing the game with no luck.

[Post New]by cellantano on Jan 8, 15 7:14 PM
I, too, am having room darkening/freeze ups in Daphnes room!

[Post New]by Babsie44 on Jan 10, 15 7:29 AM
having the same problem as others regarding the game stops at the garden room.
So cannot go any further because screen turning dark. Also using a mac. Wish I
can finish game but until fixed need a refund .

[Post New]by fix6677 on Jan 11, 15 2:37 PM
Enjoying game, but having the same problems as others while in Daphne's room. I notice that it's been almost a month since Big Fish signed into this. Is this the norm? Would like to finish game of get refund.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide her

[Post New]by Dove96 on Jan 11, 15 9:16 PM
I ran into the Daphne's room issue. I checked the blog to find out if anyone else has/had this problem. Over a month of definitely yes.

The Mac version of this game should not continue to be sold until the problems are worked out.

I play 10-20 minutes of a game to ensure it is compatible with my system before I purchase it. Usually this weeds out the problem games.

Sadly I will ask for a credit for this game. Big Fish is very good at customer service but I really wanted another Dark Parable game.

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 5:23:38 AM PST

Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide unable to proceed past Daphne's room

[Post New]by Hollandhouse1 on Jan 12, 15 11:11 AM
Same exact problem. Mac iOS version 10.7.5. Contacted Big Fish directly by email and got a link to this Forum thread as well as a credit for a free game. Posting this so others will know to email them directly.

I agree with Dove's post above, however. They should NOT continue to sell this game if there is a continuing problem with it. Even with the free 1 hour trial, you do NOT get to the portion of the game (the statue in Daphne's room) that was the problem.

Edited on 01/12/2015 at 11:13:28 AM PST

[Post New]by CowboyDenver on Jan 13, 15 7:58 AM
I have exactly the same problem with Princess Daphne's Room: goes dark, get the sound effect for a mini-window, but nothing happens. Clearly this is a real issue affecting a lot of customers. I hope it can be fixed soon. Mac OS 10.9.5

Regarding the loading problem some people have reported: This is one of those games that must be in the top level of the Applications folder. It can't be in a separate folder. Note to developers: Don't do this! Having my 159 games added to my Applications folder is just unworkable. Thanks.

[Post New]by Staffylover1 on Jan 15, 15 1:54 PM
Same issue for me when I'm in Princess Daphne's room and try to click on the statue, it goes a bit dark and freezes. I've tried exiting the game and going back, using the map to move to a different room then going back, nothing works.

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1

K1A2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by K1A2 on Jan 16, 15 10:59 AM
Same issue for me when I'm in Princess Daphne's room and try to click on the statue, it goes a bit dark and freezes. I've tried exiting the game and going back, using the map to move to a different room then going back, nothing works.

[Post New]by kainje on Jan 16, 15 3:24 PM
Yay! I'm on a Mac and the fix worked!

harfangs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by harfangs on Jan 17, 15 9:43 AM
Yay I'm on a mac too and it's fixed thanks a lot I will be able to finish it

[Post New]by writergrrl on Jan 18, 15 12:21 PM
Omachka wrote:That was my issue too and after working with tech support (who was great, by the way) the problem was that the game was installed in a folder within the applications folder. It needed to be in the application folder directly. I just dragged the game out of the folder I had it in to my applications folder and then went to my big fish games app to options and under downloads had it search for games in the application folder. Once I did that the game loads and runs fine for me. I don't know why it wouldn't work in my bf games folder like all my other games do but I'm glad it's sorted out and I can play it now. Hope you have good luck like I did. This game is really fun!

Thanks for the fix… it worked!

Now I seem to be having the same problem with Princess Daphne's room as others here… *sigh*

[Post New]by CowboyDenver on Jan 20, 15 11:16 AM
Yippy Yeah! The fix worked; I finished the game. Thank you.

Go to: