suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

Re:Cate West :Velvet Keys (spoiler alert)

[Post New]by suzangh on Apr 24, 09 8:21 PM
Okay well I gave it a try. Seemed to run a bit slow, but I've now restarted the computer and will try again. Hope I like it!
I'd just gotten to the first scene that requires finding pieces of the object... a book I think. So far, not bad. Dialogue is slow though. And you can't speed up the cut scenes without skipping them entirely but since not on demo time, that's okay by me! LoL

So far, I like it okay.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 24, 09 8:27 PM
WTH? I've waited for this game since Picman said aw Felix Fav this upcoming week..

Yah! Download, to to play and get constant jerky movements.

Reload 2 hours later.. Start game..same thing. Download again, start happy to see like brass bed scenario with objects to find.

Click on my first object and game quits. Start over. Click on first object..game quits.

Tried it 5 freacking times tonight. Going to bed and try again tomorrow. Or, when I have insomnia aboutr 2:30 in morning.

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on Apr 24, 09 8:37 PM
GN_Captain wrote:Hi everyone,
Thanks to all the Big Fishes for the positive comments! We had a great time working on this game and we're really happy to hear that many are enjoying it.

Thanks!
Stanley@gamenauts

Thanks for stopping by, Stanley. I beta tested this one also, and was waiting for it to get here to purchase. Seems like this one is a little more difficult than the first one, which is good as is the fact that each chapter so far has been slightly more to do and a little harder. Repeat scenes have a few of the same objects to find but there is also some (not a lot) moving around of objects.
Very good mini-games with increasing difficulty level also.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 25, 09 4:03 AM
For those fishies that had trouble with this game, I just downloaded it again and it's fine. It constantly crashed on me the other day. Great game! I hate spot the difference, but this had a new twist on the idea. Lots of variety. BUT what a mess! I'm not sure I'll get it because I love the beautiful games like Peril at End House and Murder among Friends.

Edited on 04/25/2009 at 4:04:14 AM PST

LaZgram
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by LaZgram on Apr 25, 09 6:07 AM
This is what I jumped into the pond this a.m. for. Played the demo yesterday and really liked it but held off buying it until I got some in-put from ya'all. Super, well TTFN I'm off to buy a game. Oh by the by, GOOD MORNING ALL, HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 25, 09 6:33 AM
Well, apparentely Cate didn't want me to play her game, lol. Boyfriend is going to sit down and clean my computer up today, ever since installing Cate it's been whacky acting.

How's everyone like the game so far?

selkatz
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by selkatz on Apr 26, 09 7:11 AM
My BF and I played this game most of yesterday and we both enjoyed it and got different endings. I am not a fan of spot the differences, but replacing what is different was just fine.

The mini puzzles were pretty easy and I got them quickly. Only the last puzzle took me a bit of time.

The story was interesting and I read every word. I don't play games to beat the clock; I play to have fun and I like the game to last a while, so my BF and I both take our time and we play at the same speed on different computers next to each other and will wait if one is a head of the other.

I recommend this game.

Jill

[Post New]by cathadhaka on Apr 27, 09 7:44 AM
Hey!
How many levels are there in this game? I just played the trial hour and was in the middle of the 4th key (I know, I'm slow!)
I like the game, but I hate it when I buy the full version and have only 30 extra minutes to play left!
hope to hear from you all soon!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 27, 09 8:02 AM
Hi Cathadhaka- welcome to the forums!

There are 12 levels!

[Post New]by cathadhaka on Apr 27, 09 8:54 AM
Thanks prpldva!!! I'm buying!!!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 27, 09 8:59 AM
With 12 levels and a prologue... I had a good four to five hours of entertainment with this sequel. Definately worth the investment.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Apr 27, 09 9:03 AM
I just adored this game! I loved it so much that I'll play it again! This time, I'm determined NOT to skip any games!

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 27, 09 9:05 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Cate West - The Velvet Keys. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

puppycake
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by puppycake on May 3, 09 11:01 PM
Please help me! I have been playing this game with ease until now. I am at a part where you have to construct these items finding the matching parts from the top and bottom scenes. I have found them all but the lantern. I wish I could remember what chapter I am on but must be near the end somewhere. I feel so stupid. Does anyone know where I am and can maybe help? I went to the walkthough and it does show a pic of all the many items circled but you sure can't make out what they are. THanks in advance.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 4, 09 12:28 AM
puppycake wrote: I am at a part where you have to construct these items finding the matching parts from the top and bottom scenes.

I replied in another thread in this forum but since I'm not sure what thread you're going to check for the answer, I'll post it here, too.

Is this in Chapter 5 Part 4? If so...

Lantern piece in the upper picture is on the chair with fabric on it. In the lower picture it's on the left side of the dashboard.

[Post New]by Avangi_de_foe on May 5, 09 5:09 PM
[b] Please help, I can't solve the last mini puzzle, I've played the game 3 times now, have gotten " The very best ending" all 3 times, but still can't solve that last puzzle, and have ended up skipping all 3 times, please help.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Jun 9, 09 6:21 PM
Just finished the game - and thoroughly enjoyed it, as I did the first one.

I only have one little complaint - for the developers, for the next one, I hope. The scenes are all so ugly, except for the cathedral. Couldn't you mix in a few "prettier" ones next time, please?

Thanks in advance.

Go to: