pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

Re:REAL CRIMES: THE UNICORN KILLER - a new low in gaming

[Post New]by pdebusk on Apr 25, 09 12:24 PM
It works both ways....everyone has that same right.

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Apr 25, 09 1:19 PM
pdebusk wrote:It works both ways....everyone has that same right.

You are correct.. Let me say this.. I don't recall ever saying in my post that those who purchased, played the game were bad for doing so. Different people like different things. All I'm saying Is for those who voiced their opinion about the poor taste in which the game was made, have the right to speak out. And that I do not agree with the argument of comparing a game that alot choose to skipped through the story line to beat the game in the fastest time. Those who commented on not liking story lines at all, but still play the game without knowing what the story is about. Then come into forums and rate the game thumbs up or down, or complain that is was too short or to easy. How do any of these things give a contribute to what happen to this poor girl. Which is my argument on why this game should not be compared to a book.

I don't believe that those who feel so strongly against this game are saying that anyone who bought It. Is a awful person. They are just speaking out against what they feel Is wrong.. But what I do see Is those who are In favor of this, feel like It's a personal attack against them.. and they need to justify It by comparing It to A book or media.
All I'm saying Is If your going to justify It. Make a good argument, But don't compare whats been done here to a book.
cause there Is no comparison.

Those who stress their feelings against this, are not tagging anyone of you for being a awful person. They are just voicing thats It. Come backs like get over It.....It's just a game.... Or If you don't like It don't buy It... Is just kinda rude for a gaming communitity.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Apr 25, 09 1:22 PM
*circles thread several times with yellow CAUTION tape*

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Apr 25, 09 1:26 PM
*Helps princess with tellow tape........ It was finally almost gone.....
wrap it tighter! *

SnowTiger1632
Catfish
Catfish
1,679 Posts

[Post New]by SnowTiger1632 on Apr 25, 09 1:29 PM
I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....

lol

Edited on 04/25/2009 at 1:29:57 PM PST

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Apr 25, 09 1:35 PM
I appreciate everyone's comments in this thread. But, I have to ask everyone to please be respectful of other people's views.

bisquit
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by bisquit on Apr 25, 09 2:12 PM
i guess anyone will play any tip of game what if it was your daughter you dont put real crimes on the computer what is wrong with people these days dont they have and respect for her family or yourselves they are making money off of someone who died it makes me sick

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Apr 25, 09 2:18 PM
SnowTiger1632 wrote:I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....

LOL at Snow
(gets out penacles.....)

lol

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Apr 25, 09 2:20 PM
well, I played the game but didn't read the story. I finished it in umder an hour. Will NOT purchase. Boring game.

SnowTiger1632
Catfish
Catfish
1,679 Posts

[Post New]by SnowTiger1632 on Apr 25, 09 2:28 PM
shadowdiana wrote:
SnowTiger1632 wrote:I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....I bind you fishies, bind you from doing harm, harm to others and harm to yourself....

LOL at Snow
(gets out penacles.....)

lol

*grins back*

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 25, 09 3:00 PM
Absolutely everyone has a right to voice their opinion of this game even if I *completely* disagree with those terribly offended by it BUT I feel the growls start deep in my throat when folks begin to say the "It should be pulled" "It should never be offered" "It should not be a favorite". Express your displeasure and support that displeasure by not buying. Do not attempt to take my choice from me. *I* read True Crime books and watch True Crime shows because they fascinate me. I watch different shows about the same cases. I am not doing this to be informed about the case, I find them interesting, even while I am apalled at what people do to each other. "Entertainment" has a very loose definition.

That said, the game is pretty much crap and I'm not buying, nor will many others. It is unlikely that will enter into the same contracts with the developers if it doesn't sell.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Apr 25, 09 3:10 PM
That was my point too, poodlebear. I respect those who don't like the game, but I think many people who are voicing their objections are going about it wrong. You can object to the game based on personal reasons, but don't take the choice away from someone else. To say that BF should pull the game or shouldn't even offer it based on someone's own ethical/personal standards takes away free choice.

I, too, like true crime books and I read them often. I just find them fascinating and it boggles my mind how human beings can do this to each other (and I use the term "human" loosely in this context). That's my personal choice and if you think that makes me deviant or unethical or whatever other adjectives you can think of, then so be it. But that's my choice of entertainment, and you all have your own. Just don't take my choices away from me, or demand that companies take them away from me because of personal standards and objections you have.

[Post New]by stillwren on Apr 25, 09 3:13 PM
thanks tijhea - this is my first post too - I have been with big fish for many years also - I never post and usually agree with "just don't play it" - not in this case....

cspmbs
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by cspmbs on Apr 25, 09 11:02 PM
bisquit wrote:i think it is sick you have this game on her what is it going to be next oj or scott peterson i wont play this game i guess what ever to make a buck
.......FROM pg2

NEW FLASH:: They ARE MAKING A BUCK NO MATTER WHAT GAME U BUY!!!!

Edited on 04/25/2009 at 11:07:58 PM PST

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Apr 25, 09 11:17 PM
Voicing my support and COMPLETE AGREEMENT with Poodlebear and Sillyfeet as to choice. If someone is so easily offended by being told "you don't like it, don't buy it" then don't try to limit the choice and free will of others by saying this game, or any other, should be pulled from this site.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Apr 25, 09 11:25 PM
Um... write a letter to if you have a problem..please!! They need to know your concerns. Seriously!!
Otherwise.please let it go....
We all are different, have our own opinions.....

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Apr 25, 09 11:27 PM
shadowdiana

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Apr 28, 09 12:51 PM
I lived close to this area and remember it as if it was yesterday. I watched this case closely. I'm not offended, am a senior citizen, and will play this game.

Stonecatnz
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by Stonecatnz on Apr 28, 09 2:29 PM
O.k. My Opinion on the actual game

I played the one hour demo. I have to agree it was a little short, but sometimes that happens. No I didn't complete it, I always read everything careful as I do enjoy games with good storylines, but I came close. No I wouldn't buty the game, because within that hour demo time it did not peak my interest.

My Opnion on the content (or Storyline) of the game.

It is a controversial topic. I can understand that. If the facts in the game are true to the actual event (Which I am under the impression they are), then I leanrt something about a crime, that I knew nothing about. so for those who say don't compare it to a book, because books are for learning games aren't, I am afraid I have to disagree. Yes, books are indeed good for learning things, but so are computer games. It is amazing how much information you can pick up from games, without really realising it. Even games that are based on pure fantasy.

Many of you are offended about the content and some of you have even said what if it was your daughter that had been murdered. That argument is null and void really, because I highly doubt the game was developed without the permission of the victims family, if they are not offended by the content, why should you be? It wasn't your daughter, and if it was we at least know your aren't planning on selling the rights to the story. By saying this game is vulgar or should never have been produced, you are essentially saying that the family of this girl are vulgar for allowing it to go ahead. Please think before you post stuff like that, do you think the family of that girl wants to hear people say how horrible and vulgar it is?

Be offended it is your right, but I agree don't take away other peoples right to play by having the games banned. Freedom of choice is a right we all enjoy, many people have died to give us that right, don't belittle that sacrifice by taking it away. Even for something so small as a game.

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on Apr 29, 09 12:48 AM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 6:47:57 PM PST

Go to: